Heartless

Why Do I feel Like This?

Regaining my vision, I spotted my uncle who was standing at the entrance with some other woman. Why are there so many people? Why didn't Tom tell me before hand? I swiftly moved through the crowd with irritation because today was the last day of school and I come home to this when I wanted to just lay down in bed and think over everything.

"Hey, honey." A familiar voice broke my thoughts, turning my panicked look over to the person my heart dropped into my stomach. Her dark black hair and glass skin was all the traits my mother had, it had been so long since I've seen her that it took me a minute or so to realize that it was her. 

"M-mom?" Her face light up in a smile that looked so fake that it almost seemed forced. Hatred whelmed up inside me, keeping myself from lashing out I ignore her and continued squeezing through the crowd of people. Finally, I entered the house to be greeted with more people that I didn't even know nor seen in my life. Glancing around for Tom or my father I spotted a group of people surrounding someone, quickly I walked toward the direction. A strong fragrance of perfume and cologne filled the room making my nose hairs burn, it smelt like old women perfume mixed with calvin klein cologne which does not go well together. Stopping in front of the group I lightly squeezed inside the center, my father had a glass of some type of wine in his hands as he was talking to 5 women who were obviously flirting with him for one reason "money." His eyes averted from the women to me, his expression changed from a cheekily smile to a serious expression.

"Ah, you're finally here. As you can obviously see I'm throwing a party for my major success in the bussiness and I want to talk to you about something." One of the maids grabbed the glass from his hands as he got up, the crowd of people parted an exit for him. Following behind nervously, he brang me to his office that was on the second floor. The room had a huge desk and leather chair with book shelves floor to ceiling covering the walls except for the giant window behind his desk, taking a seat in one of the chairs I took a deep breath in and mentally got prepared for what he was about to say to me.

"Son, this is very serious and important. And I know how you're gonna react, but you can't decline this offer. Well, It wouldn't be and offer so I'll just call it a contract. You just graduated from highschool and I'm very proud and happy for your 4.0 son, my bussiness is successful and I don't really need anything else. But, I do want to make it more suffecient and larger across the nation since it's only in China and South Korea. There is this one man who owns this very large bank that I admire and you know this man and I went to the same highschool and college. Funny thing is he also has a son who is only a few years older than you and single, this isn't gonna be a forced marraige. We both agreed to this offer only if our sons form a bond since the last thing I need is a bankrupt company with a single son who doesn't want to work in my bussiness even though it's a free and completely smart offer for you. I don't know or care what you want to do with your life, you're moving in with his son tonight." He swiftly got up from the chair and walked out of the room without saying anything else. My throat went dry, sweat started to form on the palms of my hands, pain stabbed at my heart from those words. I sat there in the same position, motionless while collecting every exact word that had left his mouth. Did I hear that correctly? Disagreeing with everything he said, tears whelmed up in my eyes. I was being forced to marry some other man who I never met or even heard of, my life just keeps on getting better. I smiled to myself and quickly wiped the tears away from anyone noticing even though I wouldn't care, but my father would scold me for doing so. The sun shined through the sheer white sheets directly hitting at me, getting up from the chair I slowly made my way to my room which was on the other side of the huge house. Maids hurried past me and only a few with hearts stopped and glanced over at me concerned, smiling to them they quickly got back to their busy work that included feeding worthless and selfish people, cleaning up after them, cleaning this already spotless house. Locking the door behind me I fall onto the bed without noticing the large bag and books, grunting from the pain I push them roughly off the bed and pulled the bed sheets over my head. Why was this happening to me? What did I every do to deserve this worthless family and horrible father who doesn't care of my existance. Warm tears fell from the corner of my eye to the bridge of my nose and finally falling on the white sheets. I just wanted to lay here and never leave for anything, not even food or the bathroom. Pain stabbed at my heart visiously as I started remembering his cold hearted words "I don't know or care what you want to do with your life." That was the worse part of his confession, the marriage part I didn't really care of because I knew it was gonna happen, but the fact he doesn't care about me, hurt me even more. Was he even a human being? Why would he say that to his own son that tried so hard to make him happy with my grades and I got the best score, yet he doesn't "care." My breathing hitched a little as a knock broke the intense silence, I wasn't gonna open the door for anyone until I heard the concerned and caring voice.

"Minhyuk, please let me in...It's Tom if you didn't already know." Warmth went at my heart a little to have the thought of someone actually caring of how I felt, getting up from the bed I unlock the door and laid back under the covers as the door opened. 

"I knew your father was gonna say something bad to you since he said it would be important and we both know how that usually goes." Tom sat at the edge of the bed with a faint chuckle from his own joke, but he soon stopped from me not laughing back. "Look, life is gonna be filled with mountains and storms, sunny days and rainbows, but you just need to have the courage to get through it, more so ecknowledge it, the mountains and storms, so you can have more sunny days and rainbows. And yes, I made that up on the spot." A faint smile crossed my lips from how amazing that on the spot little poem was and also how he was brutality honest about it, pulling the sheet off my face I looked up over at him.

"Gosh you look like a horrible mess, come here." Tom looked at me with a smile and tapped the spot beside him, groaning I got up and sat there.

"Thank you for letting me in and also not kicking me." Tom grabbed my shoulder lightly and moved the sweaty hair away from my eyes with his thumb.

"I always looked at you as my own son since you practically don't have a father figure, I was with your father for 25 years so I know how he actually is. He might seem like a heartless man, more so be like one, but inside he is very sweet and sensative. You might not believe this and I know by a fact you won't, but just for me I want you to understand your father loves you with all his cold hearted heart. He obviously doesn't show it because he has this barrier that nobody can cross, ever since your mother left him for some other man. Please forgive all the things he has done to you, I want you to know when you leave tonight that I will always be there with you, not physically, but mentally." Tom softly smilled and pointed at my heart with his index finger, the pain left my heart from being overruled with the amount of care and love I have for Tom. Knowing that somebody loved and cared for my feelings and what I thought, smiling back I embrace him in my arms as tears left my eyes. They were sad and happy tears from knowing I'm not gonna see him bringing me breakfast, lunch, and dinner every day, or having him there everytime I cry under the bed sheets, but to know he was always gonna be there for me. Tom held me tightly in his arms as he patted my back, parting away from him he wiped the tears away from my cheek and smiled brightly. Tears started to whelm up in his own eyes, but I stopped them with my brightest and thankful smile.

"You're such a brat, really making me cry." 

"It's not my fault." Laughing I lightly pushed him, he overdramatically fell off the bed while looking up at me shocked.

"Wow, so you're gonna throw me off the bed now? I see how it is." He quickly got up and headlocked me while roughly rubbing my hair, making it staticky. Breaking out of his grip I embraced him one more time before letting him leave.

"You have to hurry and pull yourself together, you don't want to be walking out of here with a tomato face and staticky hair." He chuckled and rubbed my shoulder before leaving, the door shut quietly behind him leaving me in my room alone with a warm smile and staticky hair sticking to my face.