Behind Clouds

The Fallen

The clouds were a tinge if orange and lilac, a sign of a wonderful morning, I stretch my wings and flap it a few times, first hovering from the clouds to full on flying, the wind still feels cold but I don’t mind. 
“Hey, where are you going?” Someone half yells in his lazy voice, Heechul. 
I turn “You know where ~” I reply chirpier than intended.
He rolls his eyes. “You should stop following that human, sooner or later you might jump off the clouds and do whatever stupidity comes in mind.” He says I should stop, but still he follows me around and watches as well, maybe he’s curious as well, who knows what goes inside his mind
“Hyukjae is beautiful, and sure, I want to see him up close, but I won’t disobey you and Leeteuk.” I smile at him, spotting my usual place on the edge of the clouds. 
Contrary to popular belief, clouds are dense enough to be stepped on, but if you get too much off the edge, it gets soft and you’ll fall off. 
I sit there, looking down, waiting for him to come out, I look around, and see how bright it is, it’s going to be a sunny day. 
“He’ll be there in 3, 2, 1” Heechul says, and he does, Hyukjae steps out of the door wearing a long sleeve shirt, a cap, and sweatpants.
“How did you know he –“ I quickly realize a man on the next block, smiling at him, he had obviously been waiting, . . . . Oh, it’s that guy. 
Hyukjae often waits for him, if that guy is with him, Hyukjae will most likely go home when it’s dark, and will immediately sleep afterwards.
Instead of taking the bus, they take another direction.
“What’s he doing?!” I exclaim, how  should be on his way to class!
Heechul, startled, sat beside me and looked as well, he had an unreadable expression, but that was only a moment until it went blank again. 
“AIDEN!” He said, breaking the silence.
I look up to him as he stood up.
“You should be going now.”
“What?” I ask. “But I don’t have anything to do today.”
“Well now you do.” He shot back. “Look after the kids Leeteuk assigned me, I would like to do it, but then again, my presence somehow bothers them, well, they should be honored an angel like me is looking after them.”
“But, I wanted to watch Hyukjae today.”
“C’mon Aiden, if I continue watching those brats I’ll probably ruin their childhood.”
I think over it, well, he’s right, also, maybe I can watch Hyukkie another day, seeing him with that person really irks me. “Fine, but you have to watch him for me okay?!” I semi-demandingly told him. 
He signals with his hand to shoo me away. “Okay, fine, whatever, now go~”
I bid him goodbye before  I flew off, I look back and he just stands there, the sassy look of his face gone, and replaced with one of concern.
He would tell me if there was something wrong, I assure myself, trusting in him wholeheartedly.

The whole day went with me watching kids play over a preschool in another city. It was fun doing so, it wasn’t that I disliked doing this, it’s just that I wanted to see Hyukjae.
He feels.  . . . Weird, lately.
I fly back just as the sky turns dark, stars lit up the sky and so it guides me on my way back. 
I still have time to see him before he sleeps, but first, I’ll have to report.
“Good evening!” I greet both Heechul and Leeteuk-hyung.
“Good evening” Teukie-hyung smiles, ruffling my hair. “You shouldn’t spoil your hyung, kid, this is why I assign you guys, if you wanted things this way, I should’ve just let you guys pick whoever you wanted to look after.”
“Sorry.”
He sighs. “Fine, but don’t do it next time, okay?”
I nod, I wait ‘til I can’t see him anymore. “How was Hyukjae? Did he eat today? Or did he just have some ramyun again-“
“He’s fine, still alive, breathing, I didn’t watch him though, that’s too much work.” He replied.
“Bu-“
“He just got home, you can still see him.”
I nod as he too, walks away. 
He’s there in his usual spot, on his desk drawing. 
With his shirt off, forehead dripping with sweat, he furiously sketches with a pencil. 
Minutes go own like this, usually, he’d play music, or have dinner going on the stove as he draws, but tonight, it looks like he won’t.
He stops for a moment, with his clenched fists, he breaks the tip of his pen, and the ink goes everywhere.
He looks more frustrated, than annoyed.
He threw it on the bin, and plopped himself on the bed. 
He was eerily quiet, staring at the ceiling, as if wanting to be somewhere else. 
His mouth opens, and says something to himself.
To my relief, slowly, his eyes flutter shut and he falls asleep. 
I can only hope for him to have some rest, and that he’ll be fine by morning.
“Hyukjae, what’s wrong?”