she said yes (not bad at all)

she said yes (not bad at all)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

1.

"Jeongyeon, have you heard?" started Nayeon as she seats next to you, pulling one of your earphones, grinning.

 

"Heard what?" you asked, just so she could continue her story.

 

"Some Japanese girl is transferring here today.”

 

It was as if you did not hear a thing. Why should you care if someone's transferring anyway? You put your earphone back and continued doing nothing.

 

It's already 7 am and the bell has started ringing. You quickly pulled your earphones and neatly placed them on your pocket and waited for your teacher to come in.

 

As expected, there she comes with a person trailing behind. "Here comes the Japanese girl," you thought, not realizing that you looked expectant.

 

Most of the class looked excited (damn hormonal boys), some annoyed and you? Well, you couldn't care less. You watched the girl introduce herself, trying hard to make something of her limited Korean but still smiling nonetheless. You were just blankly staring at her when you noticed that not only was she smiling. She was smiling at you. You have to subtly look left and right twice just to make sure. You could almost hear her soft giggles before she smiled once more.

 

"Take care of her and make her feel at home," your teacher said, her tone warning.

 

You learned that her name was Myoui Mina, not that you were really paying attention to her soft voice that sounds really nice although barely audible you could listen to it all d—nope. You weren’t paying attention. It's just that you heard her introduce herself and it won't stop replaying in your head. Damn, you did not just say that.

 

"Hello, I'm Myoui Mina. I am looking forward to being with you all. Please take care of me."

 

It was as if she was just talking to you or maybe you were just imagining things. Why would she? You laughed at your assertiveness.

 

She was walking towards you and before you noticed it, she’s already standing in front of you.

 

“Hello. Can I sit next to you?” she asked, eyeing the vacant seat by the window. You just stared at her.

 

“No.”

 

2.

Three days since she came and you’re looking at her staring by the window, recalling how she managed herself that seat.

 

“No.”

 

“Don’t mind her!” Nayeon immediately butted in. “Hey, Jeongyeon. You can’t just play on her like that. She’s just new. She won’t get your joke,” she reprimanded before smiling at Mina.

 

“I’m not j-” You didn’t get to finish because Nayeon cut you off.

 

“Sure. You could sit next to her. I’m Im Nayeon by the way.” Nayeon reached her hand which Mina gladly shook.

 

Mina looked at you once more. “Will it really be okay…” she was waiting for your name.

 

“Yoo Jeongyeon,” Nayeon whisper-shouted.

 

“What?”

 

“Ask Mina to join us for lunch.”

 

“What?” You gave Mina a quick glance. “Why would I?” You whispered back.

 

“She’s been having lunch by herself since her first day. What kind of a seatmate are you?” Nayeon nagged.

 

“No way. She can handle herself.”

 

You didn’t notice that Mina was already eyeing you and Nayeon until you gave her a quick glance. She pursed her lips.

 

“Well, uhmmm, Mi-Mina…” You didn’t notice that you were stuttering.

 

“Hmmm?” She smiled. And damn that smile-

 

“Would you like to go out with me?” Your eyes widened with what you just said and so did Mina’s.

 

“What?!”

 

“Myoui, Yoo!” You looked at your teacher and she was glaring at you both. “Out! Now!”

 

You eyed Nayeon and she was trying so hard to hold her laughter. It’s always her fault. Damn, Nayeon.

 

Mina stood up with her head hung low before she started walking. You quickly followed, remembering that you still have to clarify what you just said.

 

“Mina, about what I said,” you started but she continued walking out of the classroom. You just followed her and when you’re both outside the room, you wanted to explain yourself. “What I mean is-”

 

“Yes.”

 

3.

“You’re dating Mina?!’ Nayeon almost shouted in disbelief and seemingly suppressing her giggles.

 

“Tone down, Nayeon!”

 

You tried to explain how it happened with a bit of blaming towards the other girl who does not seem guilty at all.

 

“Well, it’s about damn time you date, anyway.” She laughed.

 

“Come on, Nabongs. I don’t know how to tell her it’s just a misunderstanding.”

 

“What is a misunderstanding?” Mina asked while putting down her tray, looking innocent, shy and good lord- is she blushing?

 

“Oh. Nothing, Mina. I was just telling Jeongyeon here that Momo and I had a misunderstanding.” Nayeon effortlessly lied. She looked at you and grinned. “Congratulations, by the way.” Mina’s eyes widened and if she could blush any harder, she did.

 

“So-so Jeong told you already…” Mina trailed off, not looking at Nayeon, still shy.

 

“Ohhhh…” Nayeon loves seeing you lose your mind. “Jeong, eh?” Nayeon mouthed mockingly before Mina could see. “That was fast but I already expected it from Jeongyeon.”

 

Mina may have interpreted it wrongly because you can see how her face fell and you just can’t stand watching her think you go around dating people.

 

“It’s not what you think.” You quickly clarified. “I haven’t dated for a long while. Come on, Nabongs. Tell her!” You were panicking that you didn’t notice Nayeon’s eyeing you suspiciously.

 

“Oh right. I meant… I knew Jeongyeon likes you since your first day.”

 

It’s only now that you realized that you’re covering up the whole misunderstanding instead of taking the opportunity to clarify it.

 

“Right, Jeongyeon?” Nayeon smiled.

 

And Mina’s still blushing.

 

“Yes.”

 

 

4.

You really don’t know why you’re standing in front of Mina’s house waiting for her to come out because apparently, you guys will go on your first official date.

 

After she said yes to your ‘confession’, you found her fidgeting with her phone as you walk outside your room. It wasn’t until you were about to part ways when Mina, with her very soft and shy voice, said: “Yoo Jeongyeon, let’s exchange phone numbers.”

 

So here you are in a Saturday morning, dressed warmly and nicely, because, apparently, you set a date with the intention to clarify whatever it is that is happening.

 

You checked your watch. You are ten minutes early. You hugged your jacket closer and noticed that your shoelace got untied.

 

“Oh?” You heard Mina said as she opened the gate. “I’m sorry but did you wait for long? You should’ve messaged me.”

 

You looked up at the sound of her voice and good lord- is this an angel you see?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter