I: Seoul Academy

Romantic Princes

Chapter 1

 

Seoul Academy

 

Ye Seul’s POV

 

I just got home from my part time job and I’m so tired. As I entered my house my little sister hugged me and I gave her favorite pastry from our shop.

“Thank you Unnie! You’re the best sister ever!” I saw my mom at the kitchen probably preparing our dinner.

“Hi mom! How’s your day? Did you take you medicines on time?” I kissed her and she smiled.

“Of course, or else my beautiful Ye Seul will get mad, and I don’t want to see her mad.” We laughed and shocked as well because Lisa shouted.

“WHAT HAPPENED LISA?”

“Unnie!! Unnie!! It’s the Seoul Academy!!” Nahh, not again!! This kid is always signing me up on this stupid lottery. Waste of time. They always have this lottery every school year, it’s for the less fortunate. They can have the same treatment along with the richest kid in town. “I’m surely sure sure that your name is going to be picked!!!” We are only living in an apartment that I can afford to pay, I’m working in pastry shop this summer to help my family.  

“Kim Ye Seul!. Congratulations!” Did my name just showed up?

“I TOLD YOU UNNIE!!! IT’S YOUR TIME TO SHINE!!” Is this some kind of joke? I don’t even wanna attend that school. They hugged me. I don’t know how will I react. “Finally Lord heard my prayers. You don’t have to suffer going to work, providing us food. Seoul Academy, wait as my sister will make you proud!!” Does this mean I have to leave home?

“No, I don’t want to go there.” Lisa looked up to me with teary eyes.

“Ye Seul, attending Seoul Academy will help you big time. Who knows? This might be the way for you to practice your skills.” It’s very hard to accept. My phone kept on ringing, it’s my friend. Yoon Jeonghan.

“Yeseul-ah!!! I can’t wait to see you!!” Gosh it’s so hard to decide.

“But… I don’t want to attend your school.”

“A-ah, it’s fine. You don’t have to force yourself here. Knowing you, you will not really like the environment here.” I can hear the disappointment on his voice. I miss my bestfriend so much, and I can’t afford not to see my family everyday if I take that opportunity. “Seul-ah, I have t-to go. S-sorry for disturbing you.”

“N-n…” He already ended the call.

“Ye Seul? Was that Jeonghan?” I nodded, I’m out of words. Its’ been two years the last time I saw my bestfriend. “We are not forcing you to study there, but it’s the best for you.” I love my mother so much. I hugged her.

*ding.dong*

“I will open the door!! Just stay there Unnie!!” Should I call him again? And tell him my decision? Is it good for me to attend that school? “Unnie!!! You’re so lucky!!! They even fetch you here! Omg, they can’t wait to see you. Pack your things and go with them! I don’t want to see your face here. HAHAHAHA.” I gave her a death glare. “Just joking, Mr.Bodyguard, you can come in.” He came in with all respect, he looks scary tho.

“Miss Kim, you have to come with us. We have already fixed your requirements from your past school everything is done. All we need is for you to pack your things, bid goodbye to your family and prepare yourself.” Gosh, they can do that in just minutes? Daebak! Still, things came in so fast. We left the bodyguard and they helped me fixed my things.

“Ye Seul, we can visit you there. Don’t worry.”

“Mom, it will take you 4 hours to travel here in Busan to Seoul.”

“It doesn’t matter, as long as we are there.” I hugged them both.

“Unnie, take care. Fulfill my dreams for you, I really want you to be there.” WAIT???? The announcement was 15 minutes ago? How did they end up here so fast? “OMONA!!! UNNIE LOOK AT MR.CHOI’S GARDEN!! IT’S RUINED!!! YOU WILL RIDE A HELICOPTER!!!!” OMO. ISNT THIS TOO MUCH?!? Gosh. I closed my backpack and bring stuffs that important to me, I hugged my pillow my blanket. I will miss them omygosh. Mom and Lisa prepared some food for the bodyguard and a packed dinner for me.

“Thank you for this Ma’am but we have to go, because we still need to report by 6 pm.” I hugged them for the last time.

“Go now, always smile okay? Call us from time to time.” I cried like a baby. “Don’t cry. We love you.”

“Let’s go miss.” As we go out, the only thing that’s on my mind, is my mom and my sister. I will do this for them. Shocks! We are really riding the helicopter. I saw Mr. Bodyguard gave Mr. Choi an envelope. “We are very sorry for the inconvenience.” He helped me on carrying my bag. My heart is beating fast, everything feels surreal.

“Are we really going to ride this?” He smiled at me.

“Don’t worry miss, you are safe with us.” Gosh, this is my first time riding a flying thing. I might faint. “Hold tight miss.” I looked out on the window and saw my mother and sister waving at me, sending finger hearts. It made me calm though.

“OMG OMG! IM FLYING!!!” It’s so fun!!! I thought I will faint or something, Busan is really beautiful.

“You are very lucky miss.” I smiled at him. “I’m Butler Lee, I’m incharge of everything. I’m your personal butler.” WHAT? I have my own bodyguard??? Wait?? “You’re the 25th scholar of the Seoul Academy, that is why everything you need, you want will be yours.” Isn’t that too much? I know it’s very tempting but my mother taught me, I should know how to spent and value things. Is money nothing to the owner of that school? Hmm, however he said everything I need and want… maybe I should good for the need, probably things there are very expensive. I want to call Jeonghan but I’m just going to surprise him. Sht, I don’t know his section or what. How will I surprise him?

“Uhm, Butler Lee. By any chance, do you know Yoon Jeonghan?”

“Ohh, Master Jeonghan, yes I do know him. He’s the president of Student Body Organization. Actually he’s the one who gave us your information, when he heard your name. Immediately he called our office to fetch you. Do you want to talk to him?” He put out his phone. “Oh, he called.”

“Uhm, sorry. May I know what time he called you?”

“Around 4:30 miss.” I checked my phone it’s 2 minutes later after he called. Maybe he was about to tell them not to fetch me.

“I was about to turn down the offer, but because of my mom and my sister. I accepted it.”

“You will not regret it Miss Ye Seul.”

“Please cut the formalities, I want to be called Ye Seul.” He smiled at me.

“As you wish. Ye Seul.” He handed me a suitcase. “Inside that suitcase is your personal belongings, laptop, tablet, new phone, and of course your uniforms. In your tablet, the handbook of the Seoul Academy is already installed, the map and everything you need about the Academy. Any more questions?” I smiled. Maybe it’s not that bad on giving a shot in my new school.

“None. Thank you.” He smiled again, I think he’s around 40-50, he’s more like a father to me. Hahaha.

“Miss, look down. That’s Seoul Academy, your new home.” Home? I hope so.

 

- - - - -

PS: I USED SUNGKYUKWAN UNIVERSITY AS AN IMAGINARY SCHOOL :)