Shopping

Woohoo Waikiki

“Appa! Can I get this?”

“Appa! I want this too!!”

“OHHHH!! Appa look look!!!! It is that doll I always wanted!!!”

It’s a father-and-daughter outing where Donggu brought Sol to the toy store a fine Sunday evening. He hasn’t been spending much time with his princess ever since he took on a new film as a director, and to make up for the time loss, Donggu decided to spoil Sol a little.

“Don’t spoil her too much!” as Yoonah’s advice rang in his ears as he saw how happy his girl is.

“Sure! You can get them,” Donggu beamed.

Donggu made it big ever since the film with Doo Shik’s script succeeded. It has a weird plot, but having it to succeeded was weirder, much to the surprise of the boys.

Doo Shik made his debut as a scriptwriter after the movie and received several offers to write scripts for more movies.

“Appa! Look! This is like Doo Shik samchoon and Soo Ah yimu!” Sol pointed at the dolls that stood on stage singing.

“Oh….” Replied Donggu as he recalled what happened last week…

The Waikiki gang were out doing some grocery shopping and getting Sol some school supplies since she is starting on nursery in two months. There were in the Hongdae district when Soo Ah spotted a stage in the event area. By the stage, stood a staff member who seemed to be frowning.

“Now where am I going to find singers?” Soo Ah overheard the staff’s mumble.

“Oh!!! Here! Here!” Soo Ah volunteered, dragging along her boyfriend, Doo Shik.

“Are you sure the two of you can sing?” asked the staff member.

“Of course!! We even sang live in a radio before!” Soo Ah boasted.

“Soo Ah! What do you think are you doing?!” Doo Shik whispered harshly into her ears.

“This is time we promote our shopping mall again! Sales dropped for the last month!” explained Soo Ah.

Before Doo Shik could make another sound, both of them were pushed to the stage with a microphone in their hands.

“I can only trust you then since we are in urgent need of singers. The stage is yours.”

Soo Ah looked at Doo Shik, and both started singing G-Dragon’s “Crooked”, adding in the name of their shopping mall, while the rest of the gang shunned their faces away embarrassingly.

Needless to say, they were chased out of the stage before finishing the song.

Donggu let out a faint smile to Sol, before ushering her to the other departments of the toy store.

They entered the department that sells “Star Wars” merchandise, and seeing the collection of toys, Sol ran ahead of her father.

“Appa! What is this character called?” Sol asked, picking up a furry character.

“Oh his name is Chewbacca!” replied Donggu.

“Like how Jun Ki samchoon calls Seo Jin yimu?” asked Sol innocently.

“Y-y-yes.” Donggu stuttered while making a mental note to himself to keep Sol away from Jun Ki as he thought back on how bad of an influence he is.

"Appa, I am done shopping now. Jib kajaaaaa! kabojaaaaa~!" Sol roared.

“Oh appa! I forgot about Crab Man!!!!” she exclaimed.

Crab Man is her favourite character in a children’s show. Sol found him cute and funny as he is always clumsy in the show.

“Let’s go get him then!” Donggu held Sol’s hands and walked to the aisle that sold merchandise of the show.

Just in front of them, stood a bald man, holding onto a Crab Man’s merchandise as he begged his son to get one, for his sake…