Chapter 9

Sanctum of Sacrifice.

Friday past quickly and before everyone knew it the final bell had rang. 
"Kyuhyun-ah smile, its weekend" Heechul grinned and threaded his fingers with the younger boys as they walked out of the classroom together.

"Ill smile because you want me too, not because its weekend. Im grounded remember. I don't get to see you until Monday." Kyuhyun sighed as they approached the gates where Jaejoong was waiting for Heechul, leaning against the hood of the car.
"Hey Kyuhyun" he smiled as he opened the car door and climbed in, starting the engine.
Kyuhyun smiled as he turned to face Heechul.

"Promise me you'll call me?" Heechul asked as he wrapped his arms around the younger boys neck.
"I'll try my best; I'll wait until Appa is out of the house so he can't find out about the phone" he whispered as he wrapped his arms around Heechul's waist, burying his face into the crook of the older boys neck. Moments later Heechul pulled away, cupping Kyuhyun's face in his hands.
"I love you, nothing's going to change that" he smiled before capturing Kyuhyun's lips with his own. 
Kyuhyun smiled into the kiss, sliding his hands onto Heechul's hips as he softly on the older boys bottom lip.
~Jaejoong is watching~ Heechul giggled as they kissed, before Kyuhyun finally released him. 
"I don't care" he whispered before capturing Heechul's lips for a second time.

"Guys im sorry to interrupt but Yunho is making dinner, we have to get home" Jaejoong shouted, as the two boys parted. 
Kyuhyun sighed as he hugged Heechul tightly.
"Go I'll be fine. I'll see you on Monday" he smiled as Heechul pulled away and climbed into the car.
~I love you~ Heechul smiled and Kyuhyun nodded.
"I love you too"

When Kyuhyun arrived home his father's car was in the garage. 'He's home early' he sighed as he opened the door. 
"How was school honey?" his mother asked as he set his keys down on the table and took off his jacket.
"Alright I guess how come Appa is home early?"
"I finished at lunch time, im continuing my work at home. I wanted to talk to you" hearing his father's voice behind him made Kyuhyun jump, stepping backwards instinctively. 

"Why do you want to talk to me…" He asked as he crossed his arms over his chest and leaned against the kitchen counter.
"I wanted to…" His eyes narrowed as he stood just metres from Kyuhyun, focusing on a small purple mark on his sons neck.
"Wanted to what?" Kyuhyun asked cautiously as his father stepped forward until he was in front of him.
"I was going to apologise for the way I have been acting… but now I see this!" he snapped, grabbing Kyuhyun by the collar of his t-shirt revealing the purple mark fully.
"I was ready to accept the fact you are dating that boy as long as I didn't have to see it!" 
"What does it matter! It's a hicky, it's no big deal!" Kyuhyun shouted as he pulled at his t-shirt, trying to release himself from his father's grip.
"Appa let me go! You won't see Heechul as long as im grounded so what's your problem?"
Kyuhyun's father grabbed him by the wrist as he tried to pull away.
"My problem is my son is dating a boy! Your grades are dropping and you are getting into trouble at school" he hissed as Kyuhyun winced.
"Appa you're hurting me!" he cried out as his father's fingers tightened.

His mother entered the room as she heard Kyuhyun shout. Running over she placed herself in-between her son and husband, pushing them apart.
"Sang Deul what the hell are you doing? Let go of him!"
"Fine" he hissed, letting go of Kyuhyun before storming out of the house. 
"Thank you Umma" Kyuhyun squeaked, holding his hand over the red mark forming on his wrist as his mother pulled him to her chest, cradling him like when he was younger. 

......

Heechul turned in his seat as they pulled in the driveway and tilted his head. 
"Did Eeteuk tell you two about my powers?" He asked and Jaejoong only glanced at him before getting out. 
"He told us and your eyes are beautiful. We don't mind." 
Heechul shrugged and got out, slinging his bag over his shoulder. He blinked stupidly as Jaejoong's shirt was pulled off and he blushed, using his jacket to cover his parent as he pulled his pants down his legs at the door. 
"Can't you wait till you're inside?!" He hissed, looking around to make sure no one saw them.

Jaejoong picked up his clothes and dumped them in the hamper inside and he laughed. 
"I have on underwear. I can't help it that I can't stand clothes I get claustrophobic." He said and went into the kitchen as Heechul sighed and followed him.

"Dinner ready?" He asked as Yunho kissed Jaejoong. 
"Welcome home. It's almost finished." He said as he cut off the stove and started making plates. Heechul watched him for a moment and his eye twitched. 
"Is he limping?" He mumbled, images of Jaejoong topping Yunho flashing into his mind.

He sat at his place and picked at his food before excusing himself and heading to his room. He flopped on his bed before rolling around a bit. 
"I miss him already." He whined, biting his lip. "I need to do it today." He said getting up and grabbing the house phone, dialling Kyuhyun's number and waiting on someone to answer.

"Ah, yes Mrs. Cho? This is Kim Heechul. I know I'm not the most welcomed person at your home but I wondered if my parents drove me over could I speak with you and Kyuhyun's father?"
"I don't really mind dear but may I ask why?"
"I can't say. I understand if you're both angry but I have to get this out in the open."

.........

An hour later, Heechul sat on Kyuhyun's living room floor with his head bowed and his knees bent beneath him. 
"I know you're both angry with me at least a little and I haven't been the best influence on your son but I'm in love with him. I ask for your blessings formally for our relationship. I'm prepared to stay in this position as long as it takes." He said, forehead pressed against the floor and fearing the two adults who stood across from him although one was worse than the other.

Outside, Jaejoong frowned as he waited in the car hoping against all that Heechul would be alright.
"Heechul-ah get up off the floor" Kyuhyun's mother smiled with an amused tone to her voice. "You know you already have my blessing. I know how happy you make him, that's all that matters" She helped him up off the floor and hugged him, smiling widely as he hugged her back tightly.
"You're the best Umma ever" he giggled, before turning to Kyuhyun's father with pleading eyes.

"Sir, I know we didn't get off on the best start and im sorry about what happened the day I left the orphanage… But I love your son, oh so much, and I just want him to be happy." He chewed on his bottom lip as he made eye contact with the man sat glaring at him. 
"Fine…If you make him happy then you can continue to…date my son" He watched as Kyuhyun's father spoke, a look of disgust filling the man's face as he forced out the words. Heechul shrugged it off and bowed.
"Thank you. Thank you both so much" He stood upright once more and smiled before continuing.
"I know he's grounded but… May I see him?" 
Kyuhyun's mother nodded lightly "Yes, go on up he's in his room."

Heechul ran out to the car and leaned through the open window, pecking Jaejoong on the cheek.
"Thank you for bringing me Umma, do you mind waiting for a little while I see Kyu?" 
"Sure, just don't take too long. Im guessing everything went alright then" Jaejoong asked, taking Heechul's grin as an answer as he turned and ran back inside, heading up the stairs but stopping half way when he heard Kyuhyun's mother speak.
"Don't look at me like that! It's your fault he ran upstairs crying earlier. He is terrified of you!" She hissed, Heechul shrugged off what he had just heard and headed to Kyuhyun's bedroom.

Heechul knocked quietly on Kyuhyun's bedroom door, wanting to surprise the younger boy, but there was no answer. He turned the handle and opened the door, which to his surprise was unlocked. 
Heechul smiled as his eyes fixed on Kyuhyun. He was fast asleep on his bed, lying on his stomach with his left arm tucked under his head and his right arm on the pillow next to his face. Heechul's eyes narrowed as he walked over to his sleeping boyfriend, spotting the now visible purple bruise around his right wrist as well as the tear tracks on his cheeks.

"Kyuhyun-ah" He whispered quietly as he kissed Kyuhyun's cheek "Baby wake up" he ran his fingers through Kyuhyun's hair as he started to wake up, nuzzling his face into his pillow before finally opening his eyes.
"Heechul, what are you doing here?" he asked as he threaded his fingers with Heechul's.
"I came to talk to your parents, ask them for their blessing... Kyuhyun what's this? It wasn't there earlier" He ran his fingers over the bruise and Kyuhyun quickly withdrew his arm.
"It…Its nothing, I don't want to talk about it right now. Lay down with me? Please?" 
Heechul smiled and lay down beside the younger boy as he snuggled into his chest.
~Kyuhyun, you know you don't need to hide things from me right? ~
"I know… I just don't want to talk about it" He mumbled, tilting his head up and pressing his lips against Heechul's, before laying his head on his chest, tracing patterns on the older boys arm with his finger.

……..

Nearly a week later, Heechul sat on his bed in his room, curtains open to let the sunlight in. He sighed and rolled around on the sheets, clutching a paper in his hands as he let a noise of frustration bubble up from his throat.

"Mind telling me what's up?" Jaejoong asked as he walked in the room wearing sweatpants. He perched himself on the side of the bed and Heechul held a paper in his face. 
"Yunnie! Our Chullie has his last report card!" Jaejoong called and Yunho walked into the room sipping his coffee.

"A, A, B, C, A.... I wish there wasn't a C but is that something to groan about?" Yunho said, looking over Jaejoong's shoulder at the paper.
"I'm not whining about MY grades. I've been kissing all week to get Kyuhyun a more lenient punishment. He JUST got his phone back so we can text now that he gave mine back and wouldn't you know!!! Because he's all stressed out from his douchebag dad his grades dropped. He had a D. A D! He's never gotten something so low on a test before. Sure his average is a B at the lowest but he was like ALWAYS studying when I met him. *sigh* It just doesn't look too good." Heechul admitted.

Jaejoong folded the paper up and set it aside, glancing at Yunho before turning to let Heechul lay his head in his lap as he rubbed his head. 
"You're concerned they're going to stop him seeing you because his grades are falling? You graduate in two weeks surely they won't hold this against just you. Besides, if they leave a bruise on him again like you were whining about on the phone the other day, I'll kidnap him myself." He joked making Yunho spit his coffee.

"Yah! My carpet!" Heechul whined, peeking over the bed in dismay as his white carpet got coffee on it. 
"I'll clean it up." Jaejoong said with a smile and Heechul grinned up at him. 
"Will you really kidnap him for me?"

Jaejoong kissed Heechul's nose and smiled. "Do your homework. Don't put it off till Sunday!" He said and Heechul threw a pillow at him, the smile never leaving his face.

To: Cho
From: Kim
Text: Saranghae <3 Let me know how it goes.


Kyuhyun sighed as he read the text over and over, he was dreading his parents seeing his report card, and looking forward to the punishment even less.
He was sat on the floor of his bedroom leaning against his bed when he heard the front door close, followed by his parent's voices and then silence. He had left his report card downstairs on the kitchen counter for his parents to find themselves; he didn't want to see their faces when they saw his grades.

"Kyuhyun! Get down here right now!" his father screamed, making him burry his face into his knees. He didn't move as footsteps approached his bedroom, squeezing his eyes tight shut as the door opened.
"No…No…Leave me alone" he mumbled, shuffling away from his door before he felt a hand on his shoulder.
"Kyuhyun-ah it's me, your father's downstairs" his mother whispered as she perched on the end of his bed. He leaned against her legs and sighed. 
"Kyu why didn't you tell us about your grades?" she asked, running her fingers through his hair.
"It just… didn't seem like a good time I've been so distracted lately, I didn't even know they had dropped so much. Im sorry I didn't tell you"

"C'mon let's go downstairs and do this. He'll only get more upset if you don't." His mother said and helped him up. Kyuhyun kept his head down (lol keep your head down~~) as he was brought into the kitchen with his father.

"Kyuhyun! You have five seconds to start explaining." His father yelled, making him flinch. His mother's arms around him soothed his nerves a bit but he still felt uneasy. 
"I didn't realize my grades were slipping. I've had a lot on my mind. While I was testing I felt like I knew the material I--." He cut off as his father crumpled the paper.

"That has to be signed." Kyuhyun mumbled and his father glared at him. 
"I knew nothing good would come from that boy!" He shouted and Kyuhyun tensed, glaring at his father. 
"SHUT THE UP! HEECHUL HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS!! YOU DON'T KNOW HIM OR HOW LOVING HE IS OR HOW HAPPY HE'S MADE ME!! He's my only friend and you have your head too far up your to see that I was alone and miserable before..." He screamed, his voice getting quiet at the end as his throat screamed at him in pain.

As his father went to lash back at him, Kyuhyun was surprised to hear his mother step in. 
"Sang Deul. Perhaps it's not Heechul who's making his grades drop. If you remember he was still trying to study after he met Heechul. Maybe if you'd spend more time trying to further his happiness instead of beating it into him you'd see this. Come Kyuhyun. We're going to my sister's for the night." His mother said, bending to pick up the report card.

As they got into the car with overnight bags, Kyuhyun glanced at his mother.
"Thanks so much Umma." She hummed and Kyuhyun let himself drift to sleep.

"...... Kyu-ah. Wake up."
Kyuhyun furrowed his eyebrows as he heard Heechul's voice. 
~Must be dreaming~ He thought and blinked as he heard it again. Jumping, Kyuhyun looked from his mother's amused face to the grinning boy tapping on the car window. 
"I thought it might clear your head." His mother said, smiling, as Heechul opened the car and undid Kyuhyun's seatbelt. 
"Did I mention I love your mother?"

A huge grin appeared on Kyuhyun's face as he climbed out of the car and wrapped his arms around Heechul, burying his face into the crook of the older boy's neck. 
"Well someone's happy to see me" Heechul giggled and wound his arms around Kyuhyun's waist.

Kyuhyun's mother got out of the car and pulled out his overnight bag.
"I figured you could use a break from home for a little while" she smiled and walked around the car, handing the bag to Kyuhyun when he finally let go of his boyfriend.
"Wait what? You mean… I can stay here for the weekend?" His mother nodded, and he threw himself at her, wrapping his arms tightly around her stomach.
"Umma thank you so much you don't know how much this means to me" Heechul looked at the both of them and smiled as Kyuhyun's mother spoke.

"Oh I think I do… Just promise me you will enjoy yourself, forget all of the bad things that have happened over the past few weeks, just relax and have fun alright?" 
"We will don't worry, I'll look after him" Heechul grinned and wrapped an arm around Kyuhyun's waist as his mother got back in the car. 
"Oh and Kyu… Behave yourself. I'll see you Sunday" She smiled as she pulled away from the house and drove away.

"Me behave myself?" Kyuhyun scoffed playfully as he attempted to take the older boys hand. 
"I know im insulted… If anything it's me that needs to behave" Heechul smirked, swatting Kyuhyun's hand away and sliding his own around the younger boy and into one of his back pockets. 
"Come on I'll show you around the house"

Heechul dragged the younger boy around the house, showing him around each and every room, leaving his until last. He took Kyuhyun's hand and the two of them entered his bedroom. Kyuhyun looked around at the large space, filled with a double bed and various other bits of furniture that he didn't really pay attention to. 

"Well it's a lot tidier than your old room …And your bed is bigger" he smirked as Heechul hugged him from behind, pushing him in the direction of the bed. 
"You noticed that hmm" he hummed against the younger boys neck as he placed soft kisses there. 
Kyuhyun let his bag drop to the floor and spun round in Heechul's grip, looking him deep in the eyes as he pressed their lips together.

"This weekend will be perfect I promise" Heechul smiled and pushed Kyuhyun backwards onto the bed.

The feel of Heechul's lips on Kyuhyun's neck was a pleasant relief. He didn't have to worry here. He could be 100% himself. Heechul sat up and grinned. "Wait right here I have a surprise." He said with a giggle and Kyuhyun blinked, whining as Heechul just left him to lay there.
As silence crept into the room, Kyuhyun rolled over onto his stomach, arms crossed in front of him with his chin on them. A smile found its way onto his face as he saw the giraffe stuffed animal with the rabbit headband perched neatly on his pillows. 
"Such a softy... OOF!!" He said as a weight landed on his back and a bottle thrown in his face.

"Ja! Look What Yunho Appa brought from where he had dinner. Seem familiar?" Heechul said as Kyuhyun took the bottle from him. 
"Honey sauce." Kyuhyun read aloud and grinned, turning onto his back as Heechul perched onto his stomach.

"Is this...?" Kyuhyun asked and Heechul nodded, amused by the blush that crawled onto Kyuhyun's cheeks. As he leant down and captured Kyuhyun's lips in a soft kiss, he heard the door open and they jerked apart, Heechul nearly falling off of Kyuhyun.

"Yah! If you're going to do it, do it like a rock star!" Jaejoong said happily as he took in the couple's position. Heechul felt his ears go red as he took in his Umma's attire. False cat ears, furry gloves and overalls, a brown shirt underneath.

"Yah! Umma get out!" Heechul shouted as Yunho peeked into the room. 
"Jaeee~~~ You didn't come back to bed.... oh, Heechul has company." Yunho said and plucked the tequila from Jaejoong's hands. 
"C'mon. Let's leave them to their own thing." He said as Jaejoong giggled and Yunho paused. 
"You two be safe if you do anything." He said and Heechul threw a pillow at the door, sighing as he slumped onto Kyuhyun.

Hearing his heart beat in his ear drew a smile to Heechul's face. 
"Let's just... relax." He said before rolling off of Kyuhyun and onto the floor with a small oof. 
"Damn it why were you on the edge of the bed?!"

Kyuhyun giggled, raising his hand to cover his mouth, as Heechul sat on the floor for a few moments.
"Yah im glad you think it was funny" he complained as he got up and opened his bedroom window.
"Hey it's not my fault; you're the one who pushed me onto the bed. I can't help it if you didn't choose a better spot" Kyuhyun shrugged and shifted further onto the bed, laying his head down on a pillow.

"Comfy there?" Heechul asked with a smile as he pulled off his shoes and tossed them to the corner of his room.
"Yes thank you, I may just lie here forever" he giggled as Heechul lay down next to him.
Kyuhyun shifted, snuggling up to Heechul as the older boy wrapped an arm around him, pulling him closely. 
"You know I would have no problem with that" he smiled, kissing the younger boy on the forehead as he closed his eyes.

"Chulie…I love you" Kyuhyun whispered as he felt Heechul's heartbeat gently start to lull him to sleep. Heechul smiled and ran his fingers through the younger boy's hair. 
"I love you too" he whispered, kissing Kyuhyun on the forehead once more before pulling a blanket over the two of them. 
He watched Kyuhyun as he slept, his chest rising and falling steadily, the way his fingers curled around the fabric of Heechul's t-shirt, how he nuzzled his face against Heechul's chest. All of these things made the older boy smile as his eyes fell closed and he fell asleep.