Chapter 3: Qiang Da and Qiang Wei

Lion Pride – An Epilogue

Chapter 3: Qiang Da and Qiang Wei

*Four Months Later*

Qiang Da and Qiang Wei’s wedding was a very small affair. As neither one had a family other than Qiang Wei’s Aunt, they felt there was no need to go through all of the formalities of a large family wedding. Bu Fan and Si De were their witnesses. Ceng Ren Yi, Auntie Hui, Ah Fei (sniffling slightly with emotion through the whole thing), Uncle Xun’s daughter Xiao Qian - even Yan Zhang Tai - were all there. Qiang Wei still flinched a bit inside whenever she saw Old Yan, remembering his part in the robbery that killed her parents, burnt down their home and caused her trauma. But if Qiang Da could forgive Uncle Xun for the death of his father, then she could forgive Old Yan.

During the small reception, Qiang Da asked Qiang Wei, “Are you happy?”

While thinking about the past few months, Qiang Wei replied “Yes. I still have some things to work out – like finding a teaching job – but yes, I’m happy. You’ve become a more contented lion, you don’t eat like you’re never going to fill up anymore. I sometimes miss my ‘Food Goblin’.” She laughed. “And I’m not sure I like the way you moved all your things into my room while I was at work one day.”

Qiang Da blushed a little. “I didn’t want to say ‘goodnight’ at the door anymore. And I wanted to be away from that wall.” She knew he meant the wall where he had all the information from their parents’ investigations. “We’ll paint it.” Qiang Da said, “When we turn it into a nursery.” This statement caused Qiang Da to blush even harder. Qiang Wei laughed, “I never knew a lion could blush!”

Qiang Da laughed and settled back in his chair. “Are you happy?” Qiang Wei asked him. Qiang Da thought about the upcoming trials of Zhang Ding Xuan for the accidental murder of Guan Jing Jing, Lian Zhong Yan for the many crimes he ordered and committed, and finally the death of Uncle Xun. While he was glad for Xiao Qian that Uncle Xun died the way he did, a part of him still wished he could have faced a trial for what he did to Qiang Da’s family. “Yes”, he said softly. “I always wanted to be happy, but I never thought I would be able to find it.” He looked at her. “Now I found it with you.” He leant over and kissed her nose gently.