VI

Distant Worlds

Driving to school, your thoughts were shrouded with what was going to happen during lunch. You knew for a fact that certain people didn't like Jun and his friends because the look on Jun's face yesterday. It melted your heart. You want to believe anything he says. You want to tell him that he matters to you and that you would never abandon him. All because of the one look he gave you in the kitchen as he held your hand. Get your head together. You shouldn't think this. You just met the guy yesterday. Arriving at school, you parked and shook your head to get the thoughts out.

 

Knock Knock. You jumped as the person laughed. You were angry as you stepped out of the car, but that disappeared as you noticed the person was Jun. "Jun! What are you doing here?" You smiled widely as you grabbed your bookbag.

"I'm here because I wanted to see you after what happened yesterday and make sure you didn't forget the promise." He looked at you amused by your reaction. He looked back to a group of guys who were laughing among themselves. You met his eyes silently questioning who the men were. "That's the group I was talking about. They are my friends that I want you to meet during lunch. I'm sure they would love to meet you." You smiled even bigger, if that was even possible, at Jun’s excitement.

 

"Why are you so excited about me meeting them? We only met yesterday and it wasn't the best first impression either." You knew that you shouldn't be trusting him so easily, but it was like you were drawn to him. It was as if you had a deep connection with him. It was something you have never felt before, but you like it a little. "Jun." He looked up at you. "I would love to talk longer but I have to get to class. I'll see you at lunch." You slowly started to walk towards the school building.

 

Behind you, you heard Jun yelling, "Talk to you later!" You could feel all the eyes on you. You hurried into the building and to your locker. You opened it, just for it to be slammed shut again almost crushing your fingers. "Excuse me?" You turned towards the person who slammed your locker shut. Not to your surprise, it was a girl.

 

"What was a girl like you doing talking to a guy like him?" She poked a finger at your shoulder shoving you back a little. "Why would Jun want to hang and talk with a girl like you when he could be talking to a girl like me?" You knew she was acting as if you weren't there. You've been through this before, so you ignored her and tried to open your locker again. This time she stood in front of your locker and decided to get in your face. "Jun would never talk to you, so what did you do to get his attention. Did you sell yourself to him? Did you promise him something special? I mean it's not like you have anything special to offer." She slowly looked you up and down. Her "friends" were off on the side laughing as if that was the funniest thing in the world.

 

"Excuse me, miss. I would like to get into my locker without a side of stuck up attitude. Now if you please would, get out of my way." You rolled your eyes, lightly pushed her out of your way and was finally able to place your things in your locker. The girl scoffed and turned to her friends. In your peripheral vision, you saw her be handed something, but you didn't take what it was to mind. You grabbed your things and was about to leave for math.

 

"Hey, what are you going to do!" You spun around only to be met with milk running in your hair and everything you had with you. Just to make things better, it was spoiled milk. You looked up at the girl shocked that someone could be this cruel to another person. "Now, stay away from Jun and the others and we won't ever have this happen again. Okay?" She whispered it in your ear.

 

"Get away from her, Yuri!" A petite girl with big beautiful green eyes behind a pair of glasses came running up to the two of you. "That was uncalled for Yuri. She didn't do anything to you so leave her alone." The girl looked at Yuri with the most hate that you have ever seen. What did this Yuri girl do to her? Yuri got in the girl's face.

 

"What are you going to do about it, nerd?" Yuri glared at you then turned her attention back to the girl. One of Yuri's friends grabbed her arm. "It's not worth it, Yuri. Let's leave these two nerds alone." Yuri ripped her arm from her friend's grip and turned to you. "Stay away from Jun and the others or else something worse will happen." With that, she walked off.

 

"Are you okay?" The girl started to wipe you off with her handkerchief. "I'm sorry about what happened with Yuri. She likes to think that she can have whatever she thinks is hers. That so happens to be Dino, Jun, and the others apart of that group." She was so gentle with you as if you would break any moment. You never had anyone treat you this way before in school. You were on the verge of tears when she asked, "Do you have a spare uniform with you?"

 

You peered at her, "No, I don't." You sadly looked down at your soaked uniform and books. That's when the tears finally fell. "Well, let's go to the nurse's office and get one." She said then bent closer to you and whispered, "And you can let it all out there too." She smiled at you gently and helped you stand. "Thank you." You said as you both walked through the stream of eyes watching you while whispering to each other.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:

This is a longer update than usual and I also changed the style of my writing.

Do you like it? Feel free to comment on anything!

Thanks for reading <3