final

A cute confession

SinB pulled on Yerin’s arm quietly, the older just following. Arriving at a nearby park, SinB sat Yerin on a bench and walked over to the ice cream truck.

Yerin watched SinB carefully. SinB hadn’t said a single word since she had pulled her out, now they were getting ice cream?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Don’t you think SinB’s growing up?”

“I think so toooooo.”

Sowon was putting some things on the wall, Yuju and Umji helping.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Here unnie.”

Yerin held the vanilla ice cream cone delicately, still watching SinB carefully. SinB sat down next to her and gave Yerin one look before blushing and eating her ice cream slowly.

“Bi? Why are we out here? On such short notice?”

SinB said nothing as she ate her ice cream by . Yerin frowned but began to eat her ice cream as well, more confused than before.

“Yah, Bi yah, you have to tell me if there’s something wrong? Do you need a hug?”

“No unnie, just eat your ice cream.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Yah, isn’t this so corny?”

“What? Read it out loud.”

The stars could never compare to the shine of your beauty.”

“Oh wow, SinB pulling all the good lines.”

They high fived and continued to work.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yerin was getting more and more upset but then caught SinB muttering at her phone.

“come on, come on, hurry…”

“SinB? What are you doing?”

“Huh? Nothing!”

SinB took a big bite out of her ice cream, smearing it on her cheek accidentally. Giving a whine she pouted, Yerin softened a little and reached over to clean SinB’s cheek for her.

“See? What’s got you so stressed that you don’t even care about your image?”

“I-I said it was nothing!”

SinB turned and continued to eat her ice cream as fast as she could in embarrassment.

Yerin frowned but continued to eat her ice cream, just what was up?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Okay, now we’re done, just gotta text Eunha to not come home yet and meet us at the mall instead and then we gotta split.”

“Ne unnie!”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SinB jumped as her phone dinged her a new message, quickly glancing at it, she devoured her ice cream cone in several bites, the chocolate syrup at the bottom dripping down her chin without her noticing.

“Unnie hurry lets go home.”

“Eh? But all we did was eat ice cream?”

SinB blushed as Yerin wiped her face again. Taking the napkin from Yerin she cleaned herself properly before standing up and holding out her hand to Yerin, looking the other direction.

“SinB?”

“Just take my hand.”

SinB paused before waving her hand again.

“Please?”

Yerin grinned and held SinB’s hand tightly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yerin gasped as she entered their house, SinB’s hands had shot forwards and covered her eyes.

“What is it now Bi? You’re being very cryptical today.”

“Just trust me and walk forwards into the living room. Don’t open your eyes until I tell you to.”

Once SinB pushed Yerin to the correct spot, she quickly ran away.

“Bi? Can I open them now?”

Hearing no response, Yerin peeked one eye. Looking around, she didn’t see SinB anywhere. She walked towards their rooms when she noticed a post it on the door to the kitchen.

[I think you look really really cool when you’re cooking.]

“Huh? Bi? Was this you?”

There was still no response, but another note caught Yerin’s eye on the counter.

[Even if you just boil water, you look cool.]

She continued to follow the trail of notes. On the kitchen table.

[You always eat so cutely, stuffing your cheeks. I wonder how it’d feel to squish them.]

Back in the living room, on the couch.

[You always take naps, perhaps that’s where your beauty is from?]

At the book shelf.

[Even though we all act like dorks, I know that you are a very smart individual.]

By the bathroom door.

[Do you even need makeup anymore? Your beauty is so mesmerizing no matter how little you do.]

On the makeup pile.

[I swear unnie, you only need bb cream, in fact, you don’t even need that. Your skin is already really fair and white.]

Then walking back out, she looked for the next one, her heart beating quickly unknowingly.

On her room door.

[I wonder how it would feel, to sleep next to you forever.]

On her bed.

[Unnie, do you get what I’m trying to say yet?]

On her dresser mirror.

[I can’t stop looking to you, no matter where you go, I’ll always find you. You just stand out that way.]

Then on her way out, she noticed a note on the back of the door.

[But unnie, if this makes you feel bad, then close this door really loudly. I won’t mind.]

She stepped outside, seeing SinB’s door with a note.

[Are you sure you wanna walk into my life? Are you ready?]

She opened the door and found a small heart made of fake candles, a note in the center.

[Stand here, and turn around.]

Slowly she turned around, there stood SinB, with a bouquet of roses.

“I love you Jung Yerin, will you date me?”

SinB the flowers in front of her, unable to face Yerin, she looked at the ground, her cheeks burning.

Yerin slowly reached out and touched the flowers. Scooping them into her arms, she placed them onto SinB’s bed before stepping closer to the blushing girl.

“SinB yah.”

“U-unnie?”

Yerin pulled SinB into a hug, hearing her own heartbeat thundering in her ears.

“I love you too. So much, you can’t tell.”

“Really? Cuz can you hear my heartbeat? I swear you can’t say no after all this.”

Yerin chuckled as she leaned her forehead on SinB’s shoulders, SinB’s hands sliding to rest on her waist.

“SinB yah, will you be mine?”

SinB whined and pouted her lips.

“I asked first unnie, just answer meee.”

“Of course, my little Hwang Eunbi. Of course.”

SinB looked up innocently at Yerin, twiddling her fingers nervously.

“T-then can we kiss?”

“Of course.”

Yerin held SinB closer, tilting her head slightly, she closed her eyes and leaned closer. Breathing the sweet scent that was SinB, she smiled into the kiss, their lips just innocently touching.

“Did you find all the sticky notes?”

“I dunno did I?”

Yerin and SinB were laying side by side on SinB’s bed, looking up at the ceiling, where SinB and Umji had stuck glowing stars. After receiving a call from Sowon about the other girls staying out for a night of work, they had been relaxing. SinB sifted through the pile of stickys before pouting.

“Unnie you didn’t find all of them. Wait here, I’ll get them.”

Yerin smiled, waiting patiently on SinB’s bed, tracing the different constellations that Umji and SinB planted up there.

SinB returned with a triumphant smile and a few more sticky notes.

Sifting through them, Yerin had the urge to tease the younger girl but held herself back.

“Unnie, I know what you’re thinking. Do not, absolutely do not read that out loud.”

“But SinBaby~ I want to so badly~.”

SinB blushed and covered her face with her hands, groaning as Yerin laughed. No matter how much Yerin wanted to read it, she stopped because an overheated Hwang Eun Bi was not very good at talking.

“Okay, okay, I won’t. But instead, tell me when you got this done? Please?”

Sighing, SinB relaxed into Yerin’s backhug, having Yerin’s hand on her stomach calmed her down some as she thought back to when she first had the idea.

“Unnie, I had this idea since our second anniversary as Gfriend.”

“What? So, it’s been just a little over a year?”

“Yea, so like, whenever I got an idea of something to say to you, but I couldn’t, I wrote it down.”

Yerin smiled and nuzzled into SinB’s shoulder, her cheeks blushing lightly.

“When did you first start to like me?”

“Why do I have to answer that?” SinB was whining, her arms flailing away from Yerin’s hold.

“Why don’t you tell me why you said yes.”

Yerin laughed and bit SinB’s exposed shoulder a little. Rubbing her cheek on the soft skin of SinB’s shoulder, she sighed.

“Well, I said yes because I felt the same way. Isn’t that obvious Bi yah?”

Spluttering SinB grabbed a pillow and covered her face, her voice now muffled.

“Aish! Just tell me why you feel the same way! Since, I only know why I feel this way…”

A momentary silence encompassed them, and their hearts were beating as one. The warmth radiating from Yerin’s hug making SinB drowsy.

“Unnie, why do your hugs make me feel so safe?”

Yerin held in a squeal as SinB yawned and rubbed her eyes.

“Because these arms are yours, and meant to protect you, the love of my life.”

“Really? Then are my arms meant to protect you unnie?”

“That depends on you baby.”

SinB grumbled but turned around in Yerin’s hold, now facing each other. SinB stared at Yerin’s face, she reached a shaky hand up to hold Yerin’s cheek, Yerin’s hand coming up to steady her, holding SinB’s hand to her cheek.

“I love you so much.”

“Thanks Bi, I love you too.”

SinB blushed and wanted to pull away, that was enough confidence for that day, she had been planning for this so long that she was the most happiest during this moment that she still couldn’t believe it.

가지, 영원히  옆에있어.
Don’t go, forever stay by my side.

 
Under the neon stars, in their small makeshift pillow fort of fluffiness, in the arms of their own soulmates, they shared a kiss.