Glass figurines

Glass of memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"It's all started with the depression. A father who's desperately looking for a husband for his daughter while also throwing himself into his delusions of when life was still good. As well as sheltering his son away from the real world. The youngest son....Kyungsoo. So the story goes. I, Kim Jongin the eldest song of Kim Junmyeon...." The young man sighs, lightening up a cigar as he continues with his story. 

"It was in the mist of an economy failure, people lost jobs....people starved. Jongin worked hours alongside his father to provide for his family. A sister who still goes to school, and a younger brother, Kyungsoo. He had anxiety when speaking with strangers. So Junmyeon sheltered the boy away, and the boy always collected glass figurines of animals. It was funny, they barely held any value but the boy treasured them. 

"Jongin...I think you should help your sister find a husband already." Junmyeon said one evening during dinner. All eyes turned to the father who compose himself well at the center of the dining table. "I...." Jongin trails off eyes on his sister who had her eyes cast down, she didn't want to be part of this her expression says. "Can invited my friend over." He finishes his sentence, Kyungsoo fidgets in his chair nervously. Small hands clenching into fists, and biting his lower lip. Not daring to say anything. 

Junmyeon places a hand on his youngest son back, patting him gently. "You will be fine, he won't hurt you." He resources his son with a bright smile. The boy stood up excusing himself from the table. He left to his room, Jongin follows his brother. He doesn't bother to knock, he knows the boy was more busy caring for his glass figurines than pay attention to someone else. "Kyungsoo." Jongin says approaching the figure on the ground,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter