First Enchantment

My Sweet Stranger, My Great Boyfriend

The day is already dusk. The crowds are already on way back off to their home. As many people tiredly waiting for the bus, you have to feel this painful cramp while lining with the others. You have prediction it's because of your period that will come anytime soon. But, you're not quite sure due to your irregular menstruation cycle that usually unpredictable for every month.

"Oh God, please. When will the bus come?" You mumble to yourself, helplessly stand up rubbing your stomach. Your other hand is just tightly clutching the strap of your sling bag.

"Excuse me miss, are you okay?"

Suddenly, a guy who is just standing right beside you asks. He must be heard your mumble, and looking at his worried gazes, you have knew that you must look so pale now. Yeah, very pale. That's what all your friends said if ever find you have cramp every single month.

You nodded, politely assure him that you're okay. But, not really convinces by your words, he asks you to take a seat on the bench not so far from the place you're now. Yet you just tell him you're fine, when so many sweat beads forming on your forehead. You also thank him for his kindness, but you just tell him it's not a big deal. As he understands you, he just nods and apologizes if you feel uncomfortable with his sudden interruption.

"No, no. Don't be sorry, I'm grateful for your kindness. So, thank you, I'm really okay."  you smile.

He smiles back, a sweet one to be precise. And you just feel warm looking at the way he smiles. His eyes that curve in a cute way, his lips that perfectly form a curve line, and his black orbs that straightly staring on you, undoubtly make your heart flutter.

You never imagine if a guy who really tall like him, can be a warm and a cute one at the same time. So, you just so immersed looking at his handsome face, almost forget the pain you had felt before.

"Oh, the bus already here" he said when notice a bus coming. It also wakes you up from your daydreaming.

"Ah, you're right" you said as you know it's the bus you're waiting for. Then, you hurriedly get into the bus.

 


As you already inside the bus, you must face the pity scenes, all seats are already occupied by others. But, what can you do? So, you sigh, only can accept this cruel fate.

"Great, another 45 minutes to stand up." 

You heavily said and grabbing one of the hold place near you. Right after the driver close the door of the bus, your phone vibrating inside your skirt pocket. A tight and short skirt you're wearing now.

"Oh, Hyun sik-ah.. Wae?" You ask the person in other line of your phone. Yup, your only one younger brother just called you.

"Yeah, I'm on my way. I just got in the bus" you inform as he asked your whereabouts. "But hyun sik-ah.. Can you please prepare me some hot water? And put it inside the bottle I usually use?" You ask "Ne.. Gomawo aegi-ah~" you cutely thank him. Yes, that's what hyunsik hate, you purposely before hang up the phone call.

Then, you put your phone back inside your skirt. You also wipe your sweats that already covering your forehead. This fully packed people inside the bus just make your painful state becoming much worst, you feel hot and aching all over your body. Yup, that's the reality you're facing now. But what can you expect if you just coming back home in the middle of time when all people just off from their work. It's not like you owning the bus and can tell all people to get off and let you ride the bus just by yourself, right? Absolutely right.

But unnoticed by you, a pair of eyes always stares worriedly over you. He watches every step you took, every single thing you do, these whole time from the moment you just got into the bus. But of course, as the ignorant person as always, you rarely care about the other people around.

"Here miss, just sit here" Suddenly, a young boy in his middle school uniform just offering his seat to you. The boy who is sitting on your right side. 

"Oh, no..no.. It's okay boy, you don't have to" you politely reject him.

"No miss, please just sit here, I insist." He once again asked you to sit "After all, it almost on my stop. And you look really pale now, it's better if you just take a sit"

"But..."

You uncertainly want to argue, but it seems your body can't cooperate with your mind now. Your body starts to trembling, yet you feel unsure to take his offer when you know that he must be tired after studied and handled his hard time at school. Yes, you know how it feels if you have to study a whole day, from the sun just rising till it setting down. You even barely can feel your anymore at that time. Kekeke :)

"There that's my stop”  the boy pointing to the next bus stop in the front.

"Okay then, I'll take over your seat" you jokingly said and he smile when you sit. And when the bus is stop, the boy takes off from the bus. "Thank's and be careful on your way"  you softly said to the boy. And the boy nodded.

                    **********                   

 

 

The bus start moving again, but your cramp getting more painful as the time passed. Trying to distracted yourself from the pain, you take your headphone and start your music playlist on your phone. You put your headphone over your head and humming, follow the music you're listening now. Even it can't fully relieve your pain, but somehow it soothes you a bit.

Losing yourself in the music, you rest your head on the seat and closing your eyes, hardly try to forget the pain you're feeling. You even lost conscious if the bus ever had took a stop. And if not because of someone who just stand right beside you, you must already in your deep slumber now. He just tapping your shoulder, trying to get your attention.

The moment you open your eyes and turn to your side, you meet his worried and terrified face. The same one you had seen before. Yes, he is the same cute and handsome guy. But, you're a little bit confused with his terrified expression. 'What happened? Is there something wrong?' you wonder.

"I think you're on your red day miss" he shyly tells you.

"My red day?"

You confused, not really get what he mean. So, he points to your sling bag. At first, you hesitate to take look at your bag, a bit scared if he just asked you to give your phone and wallet. You just think if maybe he is a robber despite his kind face. But, as he insist asking you to take a look at your own bag, you have no choice than to follow his command.

"Oh my GOD?!" You gasp.

With the white clean color of your bag, there’re bloods which are fully visible covering a little part of your sling bag. No wonder he look really terrified now. Even you who are accustomed with this scene, still shocked looking at your bloody bag.

"Here, wipe your bag" he gave you his handkerchief. Looking at your blank expression, he smiles, assuring you to calmly handle this matter. "Come on wipe it, or you want me to do it?" He playfully asks.

"Huh?" You ask, not really get what he said.

"Do you want me to wipe it for you?" He repeats.

"Oh?! No.. no.. I'll do it" you hurriedly grab his handkerchief and wipe your bag. "Hmm.. Thank you so much." you softly said, but still can be heard by him.

"It's not a big deal. But, how about your skirt?"

"Uhmm.. about that.." you've no word to say. But, still you know, yeah, you know, absolutely know that your skirt must be damped in red color now. Looking at your sling bag condition, you can be sure that your skirt must be in much worst state now.

"Is everything alright, miss? And when are you going to get down? Where is your stop?"

"Uhhmm.." you look around. "It's still far away, maybe 3 or 4 more stops. But, it's okay. I think I can handle it" you smile a little to him "I hope so" you whisper, more likely mumbling to yourself.

"Oh, is that so? But..." he than rummages his bag. "Ahh.." he smiles when he spot something.

'Is he trying to help me? Did he figure out how?' You hopefully thought. But, the moment he put something out, you confused. 'A carton of milk?' You wonder.

He put the stray in the carton. He sipped it for a little, then hesitating look at you. You frowned, not really knowing what actually he is doing right now. But suddenly he murmur "I'm sorry"

Then, he pouring some of the milk on top of your skirt when the bus pull over on the bus stop. He just make it look like an accident that make all passengers just chuckle looking at his clumsiness, and yet you startled. Burrowed your eyebrow, you straightly looking at him, mostly like glaring to him. 'What the heck?!!!'

"Oh my GOD miss, I'm sorry.. Terribly sorry.." he panicky said, but you can see a hint of playfulness in his eyes. "Here take my jacket" he takes off his jacket and put it on your lap.

"But..." you want to protest, but, right before you want to say something, he already down from the bus.

"What actually happenned?!" You ask in disbelief. Then, you wipe your skirt, you sigh. How wonderful bad your life today. "Now, I've damp skirt from the front to the back. And I need to cover it, how-" you look at the jacket in your hand. "Oh my God" you finally know his real intention by doing that.

"He just trying to help me, he did that to lend me his jacket" you smile.

 

Ten minutes later, you finally arrived at your stop. But, before you get down, you carefully tie the jacket around your waist. Fortunately, the black big jacket you'd got is good enough covering the stained spot. So you can finally breath, knowing that you aren't going to humiliate yourself in public.

From the bus stop, you only need 5 minutes walk down to reach your destination, your home sweet home. Opening your gate, you're welcomed by the sweet and flowery scent of your mom's garden.

"Oh, welcome home eonnie~"  

Before you even reach the front door, someone just coming out from your house. Your lovely neighbor Kim So Hyun, who just like your own little sister you always dream of.

"Hmm.. I'm back. Are you just met eomma?" 

You ask her. Looking at her hand which is full of bag that you believe containt of books, you just know, she must be done her assignment with your mom's help.

"You know it really well eonnie" she sigh, lifting up her handful bag. 

You just smile looking at her cute expression. The one you rarely seen from her. From what you always know, sohyun is not an expressive young girl. She is the type of shy, soft spoken, feminine and a very lady like, despite her young age. But, if she feel at ease with the person, she can pull off her cuteness and playful charms. Just like what you witnessed now.

"So when will the project be held? Are you still on preparation?"

"Yes. It will be around summer break. But eonnie, can I ask you a favor?"

"Sure. What is it?"

"You do know that I'm being tasked as the creative producer in this project, right eonnie?" she ask you carefully, so you nod. "As one of my responsibility, I need to find a couple model that fit the image of our theme. And knowing how great you pull off your charms, every single day. So I just wondering if-"

"Are you attempt to persuade me becoming your model now?"

"Oh GOD yes. I always have you in my mind while preparing this project"

You burst in laughter. Looking at her hopeful expression, you can't help yourself to feel funny about that. But, when she just tilt her head not really get the reason of your outburst, you stop almost immediately.

"Oh.. I'm sorry. It just, your face.. it looks so funny. So, I just can't help-"

"Mwo?!! Eonnie!!!"

"Okay.. okay.. I'm sorry"

"I'm being serious now!!"

"Alright.. So, you want me to be your model of what?"

"For the cover of our leaflet and the advertisment. Because it will be our first time ever to held a National Project, we need to make it to be an impressive and unforgetable event. That's why I need to find the perfect fit model, and I just know it must be you eonnie. So, please can you accept my offer, eonnie?"

"Wow, you really are good in explaining and persuading people, huh?"

"Okay, so?"

"But, you're  one of impatient people" you continuosly teasing her.

"Ahh.. Eonnie... Pleaseeeeee... Pretty pleaseee????"

"Alright.. I'll take your offer.. I'll be your model"

"Really???" she excitedly ask and you smilingly nod. "Gomawo Eonnie... You're the best" she suddenly tightly hug you.

"Ahaha.. You're so cute sohyun-ah" you tap her head "So, how about my partner? You said it couple model, right?"

"Ah.. Right. About your partner, I also have someone in my mind. But, I don't know if ever he will accept my offer."

"And who is he?"

"Sungjae oppa. He is one of our campus' alumnus."


 

Alright.. First chapter is done. How is it?