Prologue

Fated to Love You

Hyukjae's POV
Summer, 2018

"Oppa, let's ride that one next!" Soohyun exclaimed as she turned to the roller coaster called Space Booster on our left. She clinged onto my arm and pulled me towards the next ride.

I didn't want to ride on this roller coaster. Heck, I can't even ride a bump car properly. How could anyone think I'd be good with roller coasters?

But Soohyun was looking forward to coming to the amusement park with me so I stopped myself from letting out a huge sigh and forced a smile on my face as we trudged towards the line which was not at all crowded.

I sat beside Soohyun as the amusement park man helped us buckle ourselves to safety. Soohyun held my hand tightly as she looked evidently scared at the ride. Meanwhile, I had to hide the fact that I'm just as afraid to ride this roller coaster so I'd remain manly in my girlfriend's eyes.

As soon as the ride started to move, I felt my stomach turn. It growled as if I were hungry but I didn't feel like eating. The roller coaster took a sharp turn and I could hardly feel my body. Soohyun shouted loudly while I remained seated firmly on my seat. Suddenly, I realized that the roller coaster was about to drop and before I knew it, my vision turned white for a few seconds and the food I ate hours ago... bursted out of my mouth.

The ride halted as we arrived by the platform. I quickly went to the man sitting in front of me as soon as I was unbuckled from my seat.

"Sorry!" I sincerely apologized. "I'm really really really sorry."

I couldn't put my head to look at the guy because of the embarrassment that I'm feeling at the moment but Soohyun quickly held my hand and also apologized to the man for me.

The man sighed, "It's not like I can do anything about it anymore, can't I?"

I looked at him to express my sincerity only to find out that the man was someone I knew so well.

"L-lee Donghae?!"