One shot

One shot

“I remember you said we should go home and rest” Sungkyu whines. It has been hours since they left the house. “Soo-ah, can we please just go home now?”


Ignoring Sungkyu buckets of complains, Myungsoo pushes open the door and smiles as the sound of meows greet him. 


“I thought you said coffee was the last stop” Sungkyu continues to say, entering the stop anyway.


Sungkyu sighs when Myungsoo ignores him again. So he gives up and choose to look around the place instead.

 

It was their first time coming to this place since it was just opened a few days ago. But the reviews from some of their neighbours noted that this shop is so far the best in town. The pet shop is full with various pets’ toys from different colours and designs, pets’ foods from high quility brands to afforable one, and what made it different from any other pets store is that they put cats for adoption here. 

 

Not finding anything interesting to look at (simply because he's tired and really can't wait to go home) Sungkyu sighs, for the second time.


“Are you tired, hyung?” Myungsoo says so sudden. Sungkyu wanna say yes! because he's tired but when he turns to look at the younger, a guilty face is what he sees. Then, Sungkyu feels bad when he notices that Myungsoo is looking down on the floor while playing with his fingers so nervously. He even asks Sungkyu whether they should just go home, and comes back here some other time, if he's tired. 


A devil whisper tells him to say “Yes” but instead, he shakes his head, already being weak to Myungsoo sad pout, which he has to mentally curse himself for that. “Just go, and I’ll wait for you here” is all he could say.


But, a smile grows on his face replacing the grumpy feeling Sungkyu felt before, when Myungsoo suddenly runs to him and left a peck on his cheek. “Promise this will be the last one, hyung”


Sungkyu blushes, which he hardly does and covers his red cheeks with both of his hands, palming before anyone sees them.


Which unfortunately fails. 


He heard a chuckle coming from behind as the sound of the door close. “Shut up” He pushes away the male, as he stands next to him. “Say something, he’s your boyfriend”


Woohyun snorts. “He’s your boyfriend too.” He makes a smart remark, earning a sigh from the elder. “Besides, you’re the one who told him Mangmangie was looking lonely, and you know how much she means a lot to him”


Again, Sungkyu sighs. Of course he did said that, but for a good purpose, Sungkyu swears.

 

“I thought he would stop working late, and just spend more time at home taking care of that cat” He argues. “It’s not my fault that Mangmangie misses him”


At that, Woohyun gives him a look. 


“What?”


“It’s either Mangmangie or you who’s missing him”


And without waiting for Sungkyu to reply, Woohyun walks further, patting Sungkyu’s shoulder along the way. “Don’t worry. I miss him too” He says, slow as a whisper. “He has been working way too hard these days, and he needs a break”


Sungkyu agrees. He directs back to look at his boyfriend, and sees how Myungsoo is smiling over a cute Persian, pawing his paw on the glass window. The view somewhat made Sungkyu’s smile, remembering how much he loves this kid. 


Myungsoo is so precious, and everything about him, Sungkyu adores. His way of showing fondness and spreading joys to others are the reason why he falls in love with him in the first place.

 

Myungsoo got his first job during that time. The moment when Myungsoo’s eyes glitters when he told him about it, made Sungkyu weak, and at that time, he knew he can’t keep it any longer. Which explained why he kissed him, a sweet short and a shy one that. Sungkyu was blushing way too much, knowing that people around them are looking, but Myungsoo’s splutters over random words afterwards made Sungkyu laughed. And he has no time to be embarrassed about nor regretted because the second time he kissed him again, Myungsoo smiled


“You are starting to creep me out”


His reverie stops. Sungkyu glares.


Woohyun gives him a knowing smiles. And Sungkyu hits him. 


“Just go, and tell Soo to hurry up”

 

~☆~


After bickering for a good 10 minutes, Woohyun finally decides to look around for his boyfriend, who disappears deep into the shop. 


It’s not large, as in like a “mall-size “large. But it’s enough to make Myungsoo’s presence disappear from his eye-sight. Calling out his name, twice and thrice, Woohyun stops when a beautiful majestic cat catches his view. 


Woohyun kneels down, and stares at that cat, as the cat stares back at him too. The cat’s brown colour eyes sparkle, so bright that Woohyun can’t help but to smile. It feels familiar. The same feeling when Woohyun felt when he first met his love.

 

"Kim Myungsoo" The word came as Woohyun looks at the cat with a fond smile.


It was a raining day, and Woohyun has nowhere to go since his place was few blocks more from where he was sheltering. Most of the shop were closed due to the heavy storm. But he saw one place that has the light on, and when he was about to go there, his vision went blurry. 


While Myungsoo, was working at a coffee place at that time trying to earn more money while studying. That day when the storm happened, Myungsoo saw a male standing by the roadside, all soaking wet. He looked lost, and Myungsoo wanted to help. He saw the man was looking at him, and Myungsoo was glad because it seemed the guy was heading his way. But then, the guy stopped. Surprised at how the storm was getting stronger, Myungsoo grabbed an umbrella and went out through the storm. 


The heavy raindrops made Woohyun's view seemed cloudy. Even though it was hard seeing things in the rain, however he saw a figure coming his way. The stranger came close, and Woohyun can no longer feel water pouring over him, and when he looked up, the stranger’s eyes made him stoned. As cliché as it sounds, Woohyun fell in love at the first sight. 

 

Myungsoo took care of him, giving him a hot coffee, and a blanket to ease the cold. He sat and talked about this and that just to cheer him up again. Woohyun was a stranger to him but the way Myungsoo was threating him somewhat made him smile. Maybe, just maybe he fell in love with this kid. 


And because of this puppy crush love of his, Woohyun was willing to waste his saving on buying coffee everyday just to see him. Fate probably wanted to bring them together, as Myungsoo noticed him too. They became friend and while the friendship grew stronger and stronger, so did Woohyun’s love for him. 


Unfortunately, he found out soon enough that Myungsoo already has a boyfriend, and because of feeling broken by the news, Woohyun stopped visiting the shop and stopped his contact with Myungsoo which unknowingly made Myungsoo felt as hurt as he did. 


Woohyun had a hard time moving on, and when Sungkyu came to him one day, his tears burst. 


 “Hyun?”


Woohyun looks up, only to see Myungsoo with that concern face, looking straight at him. “Are you okay?” He says, sound of worries laces to his voice.


Myungsoo kneels down to meet Woohyun’s eyes and asked again, whether he’s okay. But instead of getting answer, Myungsoo is surprised when Woohyun cups his cheeks with his one hand, and such loving gaze stares at him.


“I know it has been two years already…” Woohyun voices out. “But thank you for giving me a chance to love you” With his hand still on Myungsoo’s cheek, he pulls it forward, and kiss him.

 

Myungsoo has no idea whats happening, but he kiss him back nevertheless.

 

~☆~

 

“What took you so long?” Sungkyu asks, feeling annoyed that he has to wait for almost an hour or so until those two finally arrived.


Woohyun grins, while Myungsoo blushes. “We took some time looking at those cats” 


Sungkyu eyes them, judging and questioning. But looking at their faces, mostly Woohyun who keeps grinning,  Sungkyu gives up. “So, which cat did you pick?”


Woohyun smiles as Myungsoo quickly take the cat out from his cat carrier and shows it to Sungkyu. 


“It’s a Russian Blue” Myungsoo says, excitedly as he gives the new cat for Sungkyu to hold. And we named it “Byeol” because Hyun said that his eyes sparkles like the stars and…”


 “…it looks just like you” Sungkyu finish the sentence with a fond smile on his face as he observes the cat. “Good choice” He says, and Myungsoo coos when Byeol suddenly snuggles further into Sungkyu’s embrace. “Yeah, definitely like you” 


Woohyun chuckles and agrees while Myungsoo hit both of his boyfriends with no specific reason.

 

~☆~


Few days later, they finally talk about how they miss Myungsoo’s presence in the house, and complains that they never spend time together much lately due to him being busy. 


So thats why, in the end, Myungsoo listens to their advice. And while Mangmangie has a new friend, named Byeol (which Myungsoo seems to love more than those two), Sungkyu and Woohyun finally got their boyfriend back. 

 

 

 

Notes: Hi :) Its my first time writing again after months of doing nothing. Im not quite satisfied with this one but I miss writing and suddenly wrote that out of sudden. Hope its okay, and good enough to read. Thank you ☆