Chapter 2

You Became My Song
Please log in to read the full chapter

A new album of the artist Taekwoon followed was released that day, so he asked Jaehwan for some hours off to go to the music store. Jaehwan allowed him to, and Taekwoon hurriedly went while hoping that the album wouldn’t be sold out just yet.

Lucky for him, his favorite store wasn’t really crowded. He quickly went to the new release isle, grabbed a copy, and queued at the cashier. He was too busy staring happily at the album in his hands to notice his surrounding, paying no attention to the man standing in front of him.

The man finally stepped aside and Taekwoon handed over the album to the cashier, eager to officially owned that copy.

“Taekwoon-ssi?”

A familiar voice made him looked to the side, meeting with Wonshik’s surprised eyes. For some reasons, Wonshik felt more alluring than before. Taekwoon figured that it’s probably his new hair—which was very red—or the stylish long coat with fur t he wore over the equally stylish sky blue suits, or simply the makeup that made his usually droopy eyes looked sharper. He belatedly realized that a smaller man was there with Wonshik, holding a phone and seemed to be recording Wonshik.

“Ah… Hello, Wonshik-ssi,” greeted Taekwoon shortly. Wonshik noticed that the cashier was waiting for Taekwoon so he just gestured him to continue with his transaction first.

They walked out from the store afterwards to talk; the smaller man had put away his phone and simply throwing some curious look at Taekwoon. He seemed confused, and so was Taekwoon, but he wasn’t planning to be the one to ask first.

“I wasn’t expecting to see you again this soon,” commented Wonshik after they got to a spot comfortable enough to stand and talk.

“Me neither,” replied Taekwoon truthfully.

“Oh yeah, let me introduce you two. Jeonghwan-hyung, this is Taekwoon-ssi. Taekwoon-ssi, this is Jeonghwan-hyung, my manager,” said Wonshik as he gestured at both of them. Both men bowed a little at each other over the introduction.

“Anyway… are you here for promotion or something? I mean, you look… good…” asked Taekwoon. Wonshik was giving him the usual bright and childish smile, nodding a little in reply.

“Actually, I’m here to purchase some of my own album, and vlog it for promotional purpose. I was about to dress casually as usual, but the marketing team wasn’t taking any of it, that’s why I look like this,” explained Wonshik, gesturing to his whole self. Taekwoon nodded in understanding.

“How about you, Taekwoon-ssi? What did you get from the store?” asked Wonshik curiously

Taekwoon then explained about the album he’d just bought, telling Wonshik that he just had to have it fast because he really liked the singer. Wonshik could see how Taekwoon’s eyes sparkled as he spoke about his interest, and listened carefully to everything he said.

“Ravi-nim…” called Jeonghwan, quietly reminding Wonshik that he still had a schedule to fulfill. Wonshik sighed defeatedly and faced Taekwoon with an apologetic smile on his lips.

“It’s been nice to talk to you, and I do want us to talk more, but unfortunately I have to go,” said Wonshik. Taekwoon also felt deflated, but he put on a smile anyway.

“I understand… Well, see you again another time, maybe?” said Taekwoon.

Wonshik nodded, and he was about to bid a goodbye when Taekwoon pulled out his phone and held it out to Wonshik. Wonshik stared at the phone, then at Taekwoon with a questioning look.

“You said that we should go for a coffee sometimes when we meet again. I think it’ll be hard to arrange if I don’t have your number,” said Taekwoon.

The confused look quickly bloomed into a wide smile, and Wonshik typed in his number. He returned the phone to Taekwoon, who quickly saved it and sent a message to Wonshik. Wonshik also pulled out his phone, saving Taekwoon’s number immediately.

“Then, see you later, Taekwoon-ssi,” said Wonshik with a small nod.

“Just Taekwoon is fine,” said Taekwoon quickly. Wonshik smiled widely.

“Just Wonshik is fine too,” replied Wonshik.

Out of curiosity, Taekwoon went back to the music store to search for Wonshik’s album. He heard the manager called him ‘Ravi’, so he went ahead and asked the shopkeeper about it. The shopkeeper brought the album while he waited at the cashier, and Taekwoon frowned a little at the album’s cover. If he didn’t meet with Wonshik just a few moments before, he would say that such concept didn’t fit Wonshik at all. The cover alone gave off a feeling of rebellion. It’s not something he exactly expected from such a sweet guy like Wonshik.

He kept the album hidden in his bag as he returned to the flower shop, taking out the other album instead and played it in the store since it fitted the image anyway. Jaehwan had already memorized the lyrics of the title song so he dramatically s

Please log in to read the full chapter