Headlight, on me

Strawberries and Cigarettes

Mark POV

Message from Unknown number: Meet me at the skate park in an hour. ~ Duckie

Duckie. He texted. I released a breath I didn’t relies I was even holding.

He wants to see me. I smile to myself knowing he wants to see me. I look at the time and its 9:10. But what would I wear?! I still had the clothes on from earlier that day. I need to change. Running to my closet I look around to see what I could change into. Everything I own is trash. Why am I so worried what I’ll look like? Screw it. I changed my shirt into a black tee with a graphic design and a jean jacket. Good enough. Now time for the hair.

Its now 9:47 and I spent over 40 minutes on my hair. Nothing is turning out right. Looks like I’m sporting the messy look tonight.

No ones POV

Mark was now heading out his house making sure not to let his mom see him leaving on a school night. He grabs his keys and heads out. He gets into the car and quickly lights a cigarette. He pulls out of his drive way and heads to the park. He drives while listen to the bishops knife trick by Fall out boy. Softly humming along.

Mark shortly arrives and notices a car parked outside the park gates. He just assumes it’s Donghyucks.

He walks through the gates and too the spot from last night, he sees his Duckie. Before he even goes up the ramp he could hear Donghyuck singing. He stands in silence and listens to his beautiful sound. ‘One sip bad for me, one hit bad for me, one kiss bad for me. But I give in so easily. No thank you is how it should’ve gone but I should stay strong. But I’m weak, and what’s wrong with that. Oh boy I love it when I fall for that.’

Mark is unsure of his feelings. He was unsure if he even liked boys. He's never had feelings for anyone before. He was certainly unsure if he liked Donghyuck in that matter, yes he found him attractive, anyone with eyes would. He was unsure of his thoughts. He went his whole life so far believing he was straight. Not that he has anything against it. He doesn't undertstand himself, Any one in his shoes would feel the same, right?  Yet, here comes along Donghyuck. Turning everything upside down in his world. Everything he knew to believe in himself upside in just a short time. He didn't know whether this was all in good fate, or bad, or just another path of unwanted adventures. He doesn't understand his feelings, or thoughts, towards the younger. He doesn't  even understand himself. Hell he was unsure of whether Donghyuck was even into guys, or if he was comfortable with homouality.  For all he knew he could be homophobic and harrass others. Mark may have been unsure of his feelings for the boy, or of himself but what Mark was sure of was when he saw Donghyuck that night he just knew Donghyuck was pure of heart. He could just feel it in him.

Mark climbed to the top and seen Dongyuck sitting on the other side with the railing with his legs dangling from the ramp. He joins him.

Marks POV

“Hey, mind if I join you?” I ask before sitting down. “Of course.” We sat in silence for a bit. “I um, I heard you singing. You have a great voice.” I look at him and smile. “Oh, thanks. I don’t think I’m that great but thank you.” He smiles at me. “I mean it, you really are a great singer. And your welcome.” Silence.

We both just sat in silence just appreciating one another’s company. “You wanna walk around the park for a bit?” Donghyuck Asks. “Yeah, I’d love too.” We climb down the ramp and make our way out the skate park and into the actual park area.

“What, kind of movies do you like Mark?” “I like all kinds. Comedy mostly. What about you?” “I love scary movies. What about music?” “I love to listen to things like Coldplay and Fall out boy.” “Fall out boy? I love Fall out boy! But not as much as I love Michael Jackson.” I chuckle lightly.

We’ve been walking around the park for some time now just chatting away, getting to know one another. Even if it was just the little things like Donghyucks favorite candy, or my favorite clothing brand. It was one step closer to being friends. Yet it felt like I knew him my whole life. Being around him was just, complete.

Donghyuck stops walking for a minute and turns to walk towards the grass. I watch him for a moment. He literally just collapses on the ground. What the hell! I rush over to see if he’s okay. He looks up at me and smiles. “Lay with me?” He asks with a sheepish grin. “You gave me a heart attack, I thought I was gonna have to drive you to the hospital.” “Well now you don’t have too and come lay with me.” He pats the ground next to him and smiles up at me showing all his white teeth. “You’re ridiculous.” I take my spot next to him. Once again silence.

It’s now nearing midnight and I should be getting home. Being with Ducking is so much better than being in bed right now.

you like stars Duckie?” “I do, I think they’re pretty to look at.” “Do you see that really bright star? The over there to the left a bit?” “Yeah” “That’s not a star. That actually a planet.” “Seriously?” “Mhm, That’s Mercury. It’s one of the five planets you can see from earth. Well without a telescope though but you would still need one to see them better. Next time I’ll bring mine.” “That’s so cool. I never knew that.” “When I was younger my dad would tell me stories about the constellations. When I was a kid he told me how that Orion’s belt was the eye of fates, like in the Greek mythology. Except this one doesn’t choose who lives or dies. It’s how you chose to live. You get a choice. The right, the wrong, and somewhere in between. And that’s your fate. My dad would always tell me that life gives you choices and its up to you to deicide. No one else can choose it for you. He’d also tell me stories about fate. How everything and everyone has a story. Even in the worst of times fate just brings others together.” Donghyuck just looked at the stars.

“Do you believe in fate Donghyuck?” “No.” Why not?” “Because, there is a difference in knowing fate, and believing in fate.” “What do you mean?” I turn to look at him, curiosity lacing my mind. “In fact, I hate fate. Fate is just a hateful game. It plays with you. Brings you happiness and takes it away just as quickly” I had no words. “Well, I can’t change how you see fate in life, but I can tell you that its worth the wait.” We laid in silence once more.

“It’s getting late, I should head home before my parents realize I’m not there. I’ll see you in class tomorrow Mark?” He says standing up. “Yeah, I’ll see you in class.” “Can I walk you to your car?” “I’d like that.” We arrived at our cars I walked Donghyuck to his. “I’ll see you in class tomorrow Duckie.” I want to give him a hug, but how? “C-can I give you hug?” He smiles at me. “Of course.” I think Strawberries are new favorite thing.

A/N: Two updates in one night! I had them saved in drafts. Finally getting somewhere in the story line. Hope you all are enjoyit so far. Love ya! ~ Joey :)