제 3장 ㅡ New Girl

Raindrops
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
ㅡ 제 3장 ㅡ Chapter 3: New Girl

 

The good aroma spread like a wildfire across the shop as the staffs began to clean the spilled coffee caused by our little commotion. The people within the café retracted their attention from us and minded their own businesses.


We took our seats to where they were seated awhile ago. We chitchatted for awhile and talked about what happened to us while we were away from each other. I learned that Lisa, a Thai, went to New Zealand when she was young for family business and better studies, and that's where she met Rosé, who was originally raised from Australia. She just come back here for short vacations. I thought of her as one of those rich-spoiled-brats, but she seems nice. Meh. Actually, we used to live in New Zealand before but came back here after mom passed away. Me and Rosie became gradeschool classmates there and that's how we became the bestest of best friends.


"So, are you dating someone, Jen?"


"Come on, Chaeng. What kind of question is that?"


"I'm just asking." She grinned. "So?"


"No. I'm not dating anyone. Not in my mind. Not for now." I looked at my drink.


"Eh? I thought you and Hanbin? Am I that outdated?" I shrugged.


"Hanbin?" Lisa asked. She looked like she's thinking of something, or more like someone.


"Yeah, he's my ex. We used to date but then, I found out that he's cheating on me with some he found in those cheap bars."


"That , Jen."


"I know right."


"You mean, Kim Hanbin?!" Lisa yelled.


"Ah, yeah?" I awkwardly looked at her. 


Wait a minute. 


"Wait, you know him?" Chaeyoung asked her. 


That's right Rosie, ask her! That's my jealous bestie! 


"Yeah, he's my best friend in my dance class before. Actually, he's gonna join us here..." She slowly said.


"What?!" I stood up.


"Lalisa, you !" Someone shouted.


"Speaking of the devil..." Rosie muttered.


"Hey, idiot! What's uㅡ Jennie?" 


"I better go," I get my bag and ready to leave, but Hanbin held my arm. "Don't you ever touch me with that disgusting hands of yours," he stayed still, "let go." He looked at me and I glared at him. He, then, let go of me.


"No, you stay here and I'll leave."


"You think I'll follow you?"


"No one will leave," Roséanne said with a firm yet cute and adoble voice, "you can sit here at my chair, Hanbin-ssi, and I'll sit beside Jennie." We did what she said and no one's willing to break the ice. 


Damn this silence. this awkwardness.


"I'm sorry," Lisa spoke up, "I should have known better."


"It's okay, Lisa. You didn't know."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter