Chapter 3

Not Meant To Be: Never End

Jin stares at the angel with wide eyes. What did Taehyung mean?

 

"My father... did what?"

 

Taehyung takes Jin's hand and leads him out of the kitchen. As they stepped through the hallway, Jin can still hear the muffled talking of his parents.

 

The door shuts behind them and Jin looked forward again. Taehyung is illuminated by the moon, and Jin didn't even have to use much of his imagination to picture a pair of transparent white wings on the angel.

 

"When you left the world, I felt that it wasn't fair," Taehyung says. His breath comes out into  puffs in the cold air. "I felt so enraged afterwards, I had to confront Jungkook."

 

Jin leans against the door. He isn't sure how he's going to handle this. To learn what Taehyung is going to accuse his father of doing.

 

"I found him, and I didn't even think twice..."

 

(Flashback)

 

All Taehyung saw was red when he saw Jeon Jungkook. The man was sitting, playing around harmlessly with a small dagger.

 

Seokjin had passed a night ago and now it is time for Taehyung to give Jungkook what he deserves.

 

"I'll kill him," he muttered as he approaches his previous friend.

 

Jungkook is taken by surprise when Taehyung suddenly punched him. They both fell to the ground and Taehyung kept punching the younger's face.

 

"YOU CAUSED THIS!!"

 

Jungkook managed to catch one fist, saving him from another hit. His jaw ached and his lips was bleeding. Heavy breaths left him but besides that, he couldn't reply back to Taehyung even if he wanted to.

 

"You-"

 

Taehyung didn't finish his sentence as he yanks his hand out of Jungkook's hold and began to wrap both hands around the other's neck.

 

Jungkook struggled to release himself but couldn't do anything. He was starting to run out of air after some time...

 

Taehyung thought that this will be the end of the man until-

 

 

Blood started to soak into his shirt.

 

 

Jungkook feels the hands around his neck loosen and takes the opportunity to kick Taehyung onto his back.

 

He watches the man cough. Jungkook then walks over slowly.

 

Taehyung has been stabbed by Jungkook. Still, he wouldn't give up so easily. Through the pain, he pulls the dagger out of himself. Jungkook watches as he stumbles to stand properly.

 

"You... you'll pay for this," Taehyung gurgles. He tries to swing the weapon into Jungkook but fails. He falls into the man's chest instead.

 

 

 

 

"Goodbye, hyung."

 

Taehyung feels another stab in his stomach.

 

(End of Flashback)

 

Jin gasps when Taehyung collapses. The angel lay on the porch without moving.

 

"H-Hey! Taehyung-ah!" he tries to pick the angel up but panics when his hands went through him, as if he's transparent.

 

This is the first time something like this is happening. Even though others can't see, touch, or hear Taehyung, Jin could. Except for now, when he can't feel the angel's soft skin.

 

"No, stop!" Jin yells when Taehyung begins to fade. This never happened before either. Taehyung always has control of when he wants to leave but right now, he's unconscious.

 

A loud gasp escaped Taehyung's mouth and his body comes back. Jin could feel him again and pulls him up to his chest. He couldn't stop crying.

 

Taehyung regained his breath and caresses Jin's face. "D-Don't be scared, Jin. I'm okay."

 

Jin hugs him tighter. "What just happened?"

 

~~

 

Jimin hummed as he think. Taehyung went to meet him again after what had happened.

 

"You did something you weren't suppose to do, didn't you?" The fairy rubs his chin.

 

Taehyung looked confused, "Did I? I mean, I told him about how I died-"

 

"You idiot!" Jimin shouts. Taehyung was going to retort something back but the fairy smacks his head.

 

"Why'd you kiss him?!"

 

"Huh?"

 

"You kissed Jin, didn't you?" Jimin says as he narrows his eyes.

 

Taehyung was stunned. He didn't know how the other knew but decided to tell the truth instead of lying.

 

"I couldn't help it. He's Seokjin and I-" the angel groans, "To see him right in front of me, i-it makes me miss him so much-I couldn't stop myself."

 

Jimin sighs, "You know you can't do that."

 

When a spirit like Taehyung and Jimin fall in love with someone, who is human, everything is fine. But when they kiss, it goes too far. A kiss will seal people's love, and a spirit and human can't be together like that. Thus, when a spirit kisses a human...

 

"I don't know for sure if it's real or not, but," Jimin pauses. There's not really a credible way to get their information.

 

"You may have just set a time limit for you."

 

Taehyung stares at Jimin with wide eyes.

 

A time limit.

 

Yeah, Jimin is on one too but that's because he wants to leave now. But for Taehyung...

 

"That can't be true! I don't want to leave yet!" the angel yells. "If I do, I may not be able to see Seokjin again."

 

It's actually quite amazing how Jin is born as Jungkook and Hoseok's child, not some other random couple. What a coincidence.

 

Jimin shakes his head and holds his head like he has a migraine. "What's been done has been done. There's not much you can do now but wait to be reincarnated."

 

Taehyung huffs angrily. How would he explain this to Jin?

 

No.... he won't tell the latter. It'll only scare him.

 

~~

 

Even though Jimin got rid of Namjoon and Yoongi's memories of him as a fairy, he couldn't bear not seeing them at all. So he finally went back to see how the two were doing, if they were healthy and well.

 

When the fairy sees them at a table, eating, Jimin can't help but notice a third chair at the table. It's where he would usually sit.

 

"At least the house looks clean," Jimin inspects the kitchen floor and the sink. Yelling at the two men to clean after themselves felt like a routine for him... before he left.

 

Around noon, Jimin wakes up from his nap on the couch. Namjoon was calling Yoongi about going out or something. Yoongi acknowledges him with a loud "Okay."

 

Curious about what Namjoon is up to, the fairy rubs his eyes with a big yawn that his friend can't hear. Now that he had cut their connection, Namjoon and Yoongi can't see, hear, and touch Jimin anymore.

 

Following closely, Jimin tries to keep up with Namjoon's long legs. He quickens his pace and looks at the taller man's face. Namjoon's face is calm and Jimin wants to see him laugh, or smile, just to see his cute dimple. 

 

It turns out that he just wants a quiet place to work. Jimin watches him open his bag and take out a notebook and a pencil. The notebook was never shown to Jimin; Namjoon said that it's a secret. He and Yoongi use to compose music, but ever since their group of friends broke up, they've never mentioned it again.

 

It took Jimin some time to realize that Namjoon was writing some sort of poem... he thinks. But then a corner of a loose paper peeks out from behind the other sheets.

 

Jimin is shocked when he sees the sheet of music.

 

"Namjoon, are you writing... lyrics?" the fairy asks but of course the latter couldn't hear him. Jimin sighs sadly and rests his head on Namjoon's head. He knows that he couldn't feel that either.

 

It was quiet and the fairy was lost in thought until...

 

"Why do I get the feeling that Akiyona is calling for me?"

 

Jimin looks up confused. Namjoon is looking at the sky. It startled him when he turns right at him.

 

"That village... brings back so many bad memories. Why do I feel like something is waiting for me there?" Namjoon furrows his brows. Jimin thought that he could see him. He was going to cry until Namjoon moves away.

 

"Why am I talking to myself?"

 

Oh. Jimin felt depressed. Why though? He made this happen.

 

Namjoon went back to writing and Jimin turns to see Yoongi walking with two lunch boxes. He sits down. Jimin is in between the two friends.

 

"Namjoon," Yoongi hands him one of the lunchboxes. He takes a deep breath of air. "Do you feel like something is off?"

 

"You got to be more specific."

 

"I don't know. Like," Yoongi struggles to explain himself. "Like, for example, I feel like someone is missing."

 

Without saying anything else, the both of them looked at the empty space between them, where Jimin sat.

 

"Well, our old village keeps coming up inside my head," Namjoon says.

 

"Akiyona?"

 

"Yeah."

 

"Hey... this may not sound very good but," Yoongi hesitates. "Want to go visit Seokjin's house with me?"

 

"What?!" Namjoon is taken aback by the invitation.

 

"I just want to go visit, see how it looks like now. I heard that no one lived in it over the years," Yoongi shrugs before opening his lunchbox that he'd almost forgotten about.

 

Jimin tilts his head. "Wait... doesn't Jungkook and Hoseok live there?"

 

~~

 

Jin suddenly feels shy when Taehyung enters his room. Lately, he's been feeling different around the angel. He's been extra alert about him too, especially after he fell unconscious for the first time as an angel.

 

He sat next to him at his desk. Jin watched as Taehyung takes his hand.

 

"You know..." he starts, "I use to wish that I never became an angel."

 

Jin squeezes his hand. "Why?" If he never became a guardian angel, he and Jin would never have met.

 

"That was before you were born. I knew that Seokjin didn't become a spirit so I didn't want to stay. But then, Jungkook and Hoseok came back to this house, with you," Taehyung smiles softly at Jin.

 

"I'm glad that you decided to stay," Jin says and hugs him.

 

"I'll stay for as long as I can," the angel says. He makes sure that Jin didn't hear his sadness.

 

~~

 

Taehyung can tell clearly how he's slowly vanishing. Not physically but now, he seems to be aware of the ticking in his head. Jimin hears it too but the both of them don't know how long they have left.

 

"I guess we'll just get a feeling or something," Jimin had said.

 

Jin still doesn't know about it and Taehyung would like to keep it like that.

 

But now that he officially has a time limit to how long he can stay as an angel, he must finish some business.

 

It's even better for him when Jimin informs him that Namjoon and Yoongi want to come visit Akiyona.

 

Taehyung watches from the doorway as Jungkook kisses Hoseok. A small smile appears on the angel's face.

 

"Let's have a family reunion, shall we?"

 

~~

 

Jin didn't know why Taehyung suddenly want them to go out on the porch. But the angel said that it was a surprise, a big one too, so the man didn't ask any more questions.

 

They stepped outside and Jin is confused when there's nothing there. Taehyung explains that it's still on its way and that they'd have to wait for a bit.

 

Jin starts to suspect something, especially with the way Taehyung kept staring ahead. He really is waiting with lots of anticipation.

 

Looking at the angel made Jin feel happy. He feels lonely whenever the other is not with him.

 

Jin smiles fondly at Taehyung. He thinks that he's more than just a friend...

 

"Jin, here they come!" Taehyung smiles brightly. Jin turns his head and sees Jimin with two other men around his fathers’ age.

 

Something strikes him when his eyes met theirs; something unexplainable. Jin felt like he knew them from somewhere, long ago.

 

~~

 

Yoongi and Namjoon felt nervous as soon as they started to walk the path to Seokjin's home. They didn't say much, too busy soaking in the old, too familiar place.

 

When they have come to finally see the house, Namjoon's breath hitched and he immediately stops Yoongi by grabbing his arm.

 

The man soon realized what Namjoon was looking at, and it takes his breath away.

 

Seokjin is standing on the porch of the house, staring at them curiously.

 

Yoongi wonders if he was hallucinating. He and Namjoon took noticed that Seokjin didn't age. If anything, he looked younger.

 

After standing in shock for some time, they finally come back to their senses and walked faster to the house. The closer they got, the more excited they are.

 

"Seokjin! How-"

 

Yoongi couldn't finish and hugs the man tightly. Namjoon joined and they were taken aback once again when-

 

"I'm sorry, but I'm not exactly..." Jin trails off, afraid that he has to tell them the truth, "Kim Seokjin."

 

Namjoon's eyes widen and Yoongi takes a step back, confused. "W-what?"

 

Jin remembers that Seokjin couldn't speak. If Jungkook and Hoseok are his parents, Taehyung and Jimin are spirits, then these two must be Namjoon and Yoongi. 

 

"My name's Jeon Jin," he says. He looks at Taehyung for help but he and Jimin seem to have gone off somewhere.

 

Namjoon tilts his head. "Jeon?"

 

Just then, the door opens and Jin turns to see who came out.

 

"Dad?"

 

He turns back to the other two men and could see that they were again surprised. Like they were struck by lightning.

 

"N-Namjoon!? Yoongi?!"

 

"Hoseok?!!"