Marry Me

Is that a yes?

Hey hope you enjoyed please leave a comment :) 

 

 

Jonghyun and Jinki were just going back home together after a long day of work. They usually matched their schedule, with the one who gets off earlier picking up the other. Today was Friday and it was Jinki who had picked Jonghyun up.

 

Jonghyun relished their little time together at the end of the day. They asked each other only the little things about their day, about how it went. Sometimes it became a very animated conversation, and sometimes it was just a comfortable silence, with a song playing on the radio. Like today. Jinki had let loose a question against that soft song when they were turning into parking lot of Jonghyun’s apartment complex. Jonghyun was taken aback… at how spontaneous it was and couldn’t help but go, “Wait, what?”

 

Jinki was a little flustered, he knew he would have to repeat it, given how randomly he had asked it. If he had actually planned to say it in a very special way, it would have never left his mouth at how nervous he would be. So he had chosen to drop the topic during one of their usual, simple but precious moments. He reduced the volume of the song from 15 to 8, “I said I think we should get married.” He discreetly looked at Jonghyun and found him still so taken aback that he added, “Look, go home and think about it, it’s a huge decision and I want you to be 100% sure that you wanna marry me. But I’m asking and i’ll wait for your reply.”

 

Jonghyun finally reacted, flushed but his heart and mind still so caught up in each other after Jinki’s words that he went, “You want to marry me?!’

 

“Yes of course,” Jinki bit his lip, “I love you, and you mean everything to me.” He took a deep breath, getting shy with how Jonghyun was gazing at him. He couldn’t really say, if Jonghyun was pleasantly surprised, or unpleasantly surprised. He so wished it was the former. He regained his cool, “As I said, go home, rest up and think about it at your own pace” He leant to the side and kissed Jonghyun’s cheek, “Goodnight, babe. Sleep well.”

 

Jonghyun was still for a few moments, staring at Jinki and he just nodded, wishing him a goodnight as well, before getting out of the car. He waved as he watched Jinki drive away. All the thoughts he had for the work he had to do at home, for what he would make for dinner, for how he would plan a Saturday date for both of them– all of it was gone. All he could think was Jinki wanted to marry him.

 

~

 

The Saturday date didn’t happen, and Jinki hadn’t made plans with him too. He was being the usual, texting him now and then, and calling to hear his voice in the morning. And Jonghyun was extra flustered when answering him because all he could think about was that he was proposed to. He was still processing what it meant. Marrying. And he had no choice but to talk it out so he called up his cousin, Kibum, for lunch.

 

On listening to Jonghyun’s account, Kibum grinned, “Oh congratulations, it’s about time Jinki asked you! It’s been like years since you guys started dating– “

 

“Actually, it’s been a little over two years. Although we were friends for a year before that.”

 

Kibum raised his brows, a little shocked, “Wow, with the way you guys are together, it always felt like you’ve been together for ages. Like 6-7 years at least.” He smiled sincerely, “I guess it’s because you are perfect for each other and just so much in love that you give off that impression. I was actually wondering when you guys would get married. Guess I don’t have to wonder any longer.” Before Jonghyun could have said something, Kibum just continued to talk, “So where do you plan to live? Will Jinki move in? He probably will, since he lives with his brother. Or you guys could get a new place together. Something closer to work. Oh! When I was getting a place and showed you a few pamphlets, you both seemed to like the apartments in Starry Hollows! How about I ask if the apartments are still available?” He furrowed his brows, “I have to think of a good present too. Do you want new bed sheets as a wedding gift? Will they be for king sized or regular?’.

 

Jonghyun stared for a long while, his mind had lost his own trail and now so many questions were filling his mind after what Kibum had said. Kibum glanced to him when he got no response “Hey? You okay?”

 

Jonghyun sighed, “I don’t know…” He stood up, grabbing his phone, “I’ll have to ask Jinki.” And was off, dialing Jinki’s number immediately.

 

Jinki usually napped in the afternoon so the phone rang for a long time before his soft, sleepy voice answered. “Hello?”

 

Jonghyun just blurted out whatever was going on in his mind, “Do you wanna get an apartment or a small house?”

 

“Wha-What?”

 

“And colour themes Jinki! Do you want the bedroom to be blue? You like that colour but we have to decide on a nice shade of blue. You don’t really complain but do you need a night light to sleep? Because we’ll have to choose a nice, soft bulb light for that. We’ll have to get an extra parking space if we get an apartment to park both our cars. Oh! And the bed! Should we get a new one? And the bathroom– let’s get one that will have both a shower and a tub– “

 

“Jonghyun.”

 

“Do you wanna get a place with more rooms? Or should we just hold back for now? You liked Starry Hollows too right? So we can go and have a look at what kind of flats are available– “

 

“Hey– Jonghyun– “

 

“And what about our parents? Have you told yours? I have to tell my mom, she’ll be so happy… and I have to tell my sister– but she’s out of the country– so we’ll have to set a date for when she’s back. Do you have any ideas where to– “

 

“JONGHYUN!”

 

Jonghyun finally stopped his excited banter, a little worried at Jinki’s volume, “What happened, Jinki?’

 

“Are you saying yes?”

 

Jonghyun opened his mouth then closed it, in realization, in how clear his mind was all of a sudden, with an answer. In that little silence on the line, he could sense Jinki smiling over the phone.

 

Jonghyun blushed, grumbling a little before he answered, “Well, of course I am, you moron,” He bit his lip, “But this is serious! Do we get a house or an apartment?”

 

Jinki was chuckling over the phone, “I love you.”

 

Jonghyun grew silent, his blush reaching his ears as he replied softly, “I love you, too.”

 

 

 

 

 

Hope you enjoyed :D Leave a comment :) x