Best Friend

Best Friend

By the way,Blue italics means Flashbacks !

 

"Gah you Blasted thing !" Hyukjae yelled as a stubborn magazine refused to cooperate with him, "Aha !" He yelled just as the magazine came free from under a pile of Boxes, Hyukjae clutched the magazine in glee eyeing the cover, Just then a box of forgotten memorabilia came tumbling down on to him, "Stupid, Box" HyukJae cursed as he eyed the box murderously , He was tempted to kick it but a couple of old cassettes Caught his eye, Especially the one labeled Hyukkie and Hae at Park  Hyukjae curiously picked up the cassette and a few more carrying them towards his almost ancient VCR. Sliding in the Cassette, Immediately the images of two laughing children caught his eye.


One dressed in a casual Grey sweater and a worn out pair of Jeans, a gummy smile plastered all over his face, The other in a navy blue padded jacket, Fishes printed all over the article of clothing And pair of black jeans Hair tangled and messy from the strong wind. HyukJae smiled he remembered clearly what had happened that very day almost 16 Years ago, HyukJae smiled closing his eyes, 

 
"Hae  ! Come play with me " The 8 year old had yelled  enthusiastically, Just seconds later another 8 year old, a little chubby could be seen running out of the house with a hastily worn jacket and his brother chasing after him frantically calling "Hae ! Hae ! Hae, Slow down !" But to no avail did it seem to affect the younger.


"Hyukkie !" Hae yelled embracing the other in a full fledged hug with turned to a slight wrestling match between the two. They were finally pried apart But Hae's brother who was a year older than them,"Okay Enough !" He ordered pushing the both of the apart. "But Hyung !" Hae whined Pouting and giving his brother his infamous puppy eyes.


"You know that's not going to work, Donghae !" His brother exclaimed, "Hi Hyukjae ! How's it going ?" He said ignoring his little brother. 

"Fine Siwon Hyung," HyukJae smiled

"Where's Kyu ?" Siwon asked disappointment evident in his tone of voice, peering around the other younger boys blonde hair, as if someone else was miraculously hidden behind the boy with the skinny build.


"Don't worry Hyung ! Kyuhyunnie's already at the playground waiting for us ! You know how my brother is about walking" Hyukjae smiled brightly hugging Donghae again whom was slightly pouting.

"Awwwww Hae !! I LOVE YOU !" Hyukjae exclaimed out of nowhere a slight blush tainting Donghae's cheeks,


"Lets Go ! Let's Go ! Lets Go ! Let's Go ! Lets Go ! Let's Go ! Lets Go ! Let's Go ! " Donghae cried happily Dashing toward the playground which was only across the street. HyukJae and Siwon following him Amusement written on the elders face and excitement on the other.


HyukJae opened his eyes, He saw Both himself  and Donghae on the slide, He caught a glimpse of Kyuhyun, his younger brother and Siwon, Donghae's older brother in the sand pit smiling happily at each other a sandcastle between them.

Donghae was there in front of his waving a paper Plane he had gotten from somewhere, Pretending it was an alien space craft. The camera  pointed at Hyukjae again urging him on toward the imaginative Donghae, snatching the paper plane from him.


"Hey ! " He heard Donghae yell as a chasing match started from them  With HyukJae running paper plane in hand,around the playground and Donghae chasing him, Hyukjae was finally tackled by Donghae by the kiddy pool where unfortunately  Kyuhyun and Siwon where walking side by side, The tackle pushed all four of them into the kiddy pool wetting them from head to foot. 


"Arghhh !"  The camera caught Kyuhyun yelling the 7 year old red head obviously angry, With an upset

Siwon in his wake. "Stupid Hyungs" Kyuhyun muttered walking back to his house with Siwon trailing like a lost puppy behind him.


HyukJae noticed the camera shaking and a chuckle as it turned to the angry Kyuhyun walking away holding hands with a smiling Siwon. Before it turned back to the two remaining Kids in the pool.


"I got you !" Donghae smiled triumphantly  Hugging Hyukjae tighter than he had even before.
"Yes you did!" Hyukjae said happily , the soggy paper plane already forgotten by the pools edge.


As clicked signaled the Camera being turned off.


 
Hyukjae got up and Popped in another tape this one labeled Hyuk And Hae with Planes


This tape was clearly shown when they were in high school, 


HyukJae and Donghae were folding Paper Planes when they were supposed to be studying, A stack of Science books lay forgotten in the corner,
"Hey !" HyukJae yelled , Making a wild grab for his stolen Plane, DongHae only chuckled and innocently continued folding his own paper plane.


"Aish !" HyukJae yelled prodding Donghae non stop Until they were a tangled mess on Limbs on the floor , a good amount of paper Planes on them, "Stop It !"  Donghae yelled, His leg kicking the leg of the table, Causing the mass of precariously balanced Textbooks to fall on both Of them, "OWWW!"

Donghae yelled in pain as a thick Physics  textbook landed particularly hard on his nose with a loud Thud.


HyukJae noticed the camera shaking while an Unseen face was chuckling himself silly but managing to keep the camera up right. 
"Yah ! Shut Up will You ! I'm studying !" Someone else shouted from above them.


The camera pointed upwards to show a very pissed of Kyuhyun red hair messy from continuous  ruffling, Glasses on his mass of tangled curls and Pencil behind his ear,  Glaring at them like a very annoyed Cat. "Aww Kyu Loosen Up !" Donghae whined from the floor where he was rubbing his aching nose, The camera showed HyukJae Kissing his nose continuously murmuring Apologies and reassurances. 


With that Kyuhyun calmly put down his glasses for a second the both of them thought they were done for instead, Kyuhyun calmly Got up The Camera following his every move, Before he quietly exited his shared room away from his three Hyungs.  


"Kyu ?" The camera man Questioned as he hastily Put the camera down and dashed towards the bedroom door, Leaving Donghae and HyukJae whom were very surprised at the turn  of events,


"Wow, Siwon really likes Kyuhyun Doesn't he ?"Donghae Asks out of the blue. "He sure does." HyukJae said in Awe as he nimbly got up and switched off the Camera.

 
HyukJae smiled to himself, He remembered them going downstairs only to find Their brothers in a very passionate lip-lock,The Carton of milk on the table forgotten. They hastily backed out of the kitchen only to have knock down a jar of peanut butter in their haste to get  away, He remembered the way His younger brother had frozen and Siwon looking exactly the same peering around the Kitchen . Satisfied no one was around They sat down in front of the kitchen fire next to each other , Kyuhyuns face flaming red, and Siwons just a shade lighter. 


"I Love you " Siwon murmured to Kyuhyun, To have the younger snuggle closer to the older. 


HyukJae remembered smiling guiltily at Donghae, And Donghae smiling back just as guilty.
 

A Week later, HyukJae found Donghae in a mass of Tissues Bawling his eyes out.
HyukJae closed his eyes, again, 

 
"Cheer up Hae ! He wasn't right for you at all," HyukJae said a failed attempt to Cheer the other."Wait here, I'll go get you something"


Hyukjae knocked on the door 5 minutes later two tubs of what seemed to be Frogurt in his hand, In his other hand were Two Spoons one with a fish handle the other was strawberry pink.


Donghae couldn't help but smile when his life long friend tripped while entering his room, No doubt over a Nemo Plushie.


 
"Come On , Seiously He did that ?" HyukJae exclaimed surprise written all over his face, 


"Yes he actually ran away from the chicken at the Petting Zoo" Donghae smiled" I'm so stupid, I was actually in love
with him."


"You're not stupid, He's the Stupid one, Do you know how precious you are?" HyukJae said seriously Facing Donghae whom was leaning against him." Sungmin was plenty Stupid Dumping for the Wookie guy."


"I know, You've told me that for the past 30 minutes since you came in with the tubs of Frogurt." Donghae smiled snuggling to HyukJaes arms closing his eyes momentarily


"Sleep tight Hae" HyukJae murmured as he covered his friend with his Fish Blanket, HyukJae gazed at the peaceful face, He knew he love his bestfriend , For awhile already, Since they were kids, At the playground, He just didn't have the guts to day it, as he silently Placed a paper plane on Donghae's nightstand where Planes from when they were 10 stood. HyukJae Left the room quietly ,


"Love you Hae" He whispered as he closed the door.


"MOM ! I'm going to Inha !" Hyukjae yelled bursting through the kitchen door, A slip of paper clutched in his hands tightly. Donghae and Siwon already there. In the Kitchen a mug of cocoa in front of them, He remembered that day all to well, As his dad hastily started recording the camera. Hyukjae could be seen embracing his mom, And Donghae congratulating him. 


"Where you going Hae?" HyukJae questioned


"New York" DongHae smiled happily ing the paper in HyukJae's face. 


"I'm so happy for you !!!!!!" HyukJae squealed embracing his friend, lingering a little longer than necessary. The camera captured the way HyukJae's face turned from a smile to a slight frown as the weight of Donghae leaving finally settled in. "I'll Miss You " Hyukjae murmured the camera didn't miss the single tear that left his eye. As it trickled down his cheek and onto Donghae's Green sweater.
When they finally pulled apart, The camera moved to Siwon whom was hugging a sniffling Red Head. 



"Kyuhyun, Why are you crying, Aren't you going to Inha with Siwon and I ?" HyukJae questioned utterly baffled.


"He's not" Siwon answered for him, "He got a scholarship from the New York's Acedemy of the Art's , They received a recommendation letter from One Of Baby Kyu's Professors"  Kyuhyun could be seen from the camera lanse scowling at the pet name, "Isn't that the same Uni as Hae?" Hyukjae asked dumbly .


"Yes, My dear Hyung, Seems you'll be spending your time with Siwon , Without me" Kyuhyun sniffed.


"Aww! Don't cry Kyu! " Siwon comforted as Siwon leaned in for a kiss with the Red Head on his lap.

"Yah !" Donghae yelled. As the camera spun towards him. "You'll Call right ! We'll Video Chat right !? We'll Keep in touch right !?" Donghae said marching up to Hyukjae , Nose to nose glaring playfully at the other.


"It'd be impossible not to keep in touch, Since Kyuhyun's with You and Siwon's bound to be calling every night if not Every hour " From the corner or the screen Kyuhyun could be seen blushing a slight pink and Siwon with a goofy grin on his face, Only to be replaced with a goofier grin and Kyuhyun kissed his cheek Snuggling to the older as if mmorizing his scent.


"You'll call on your own accord right Hyukkie?' Donghae asked, Worried.
"Don't worry Hae I'll call you ! Always !" I smiled happily, As the Camera clicked off.

 
"Hae !" HyukJae yelled when Donghae finally appeared in front of the screen together with a very sleepy Kyuhyun. "Kyu !" Siwon exclaimed from behind him immediately waking the red head up.


"Siwonnie !" Kyuhyun squealed smiling brightly, all trace of sleepiness gone.


 Siwon smiled brightly capturing every moment  with the lens of the camera, It didn't miss the slight blush decorating the Cheeks of the youngest neither did it miss the Bright smile on DongHae's smile neither the goofy grin of HyukJae’s.


They talked for almost 2 hours catching up with each other not once did the camera miss a thing.

"Wonnie Hyung, Hyukkie Hyung We gotta go, Hae Hyung Has Dance practice. Bye Hyungs !" Kyuhyun said as he dashed around throwing on clothes and music scores into his knapsack. "Love You" Kyuhyun said Blowing a kiss to Siwon.


Siwon made sure his camera captured every single action done by Kyuhyun, You could call it stalker-ish but it did the jobs. "Bye Hae !" HyukJae yelled. As he logged of the computer and face Siwon. The camera still rolling.

"You really should confess to him." Siwon said as he turned off the camera and walked of to his own room next door.

 
HyukJae Remembered that day all to well, One minute he was on his way to sleep the next his was in a plane headed to New York with Siwon and his parents flying to New York as he closed his eyes remembering that terrifying day.

 
"Hyukkie, Donghae's and Kyuhyun's been in an accident" Siwon cried rushing into his room, Tears streaming down his Adonis-like face, no Dimple in sight.


Faster than you could say, Pete's pumpkin Pie, he was on the plane headed to New York a weepy Siwon by his side. "They'll be okay" He murmured reassuring not only himself but Siwon too. 


"I hope i won't be late" He said softly.

They finally reached the hospital after riding the cab with Lightning and Thunder lashing at them.
"Lee Donghae and Cho Kyuhyun please!" HyukJae said at the nurses station.

"Room 0908"
"Thank You " Hyukjae said as he and Siwon dashed towards the room at the 8th Floor.


They cautiously opened the door afraid of what they'd see, Kyuhyun was in a chair looking pale and worn while Donghae was in bed with A broken leg sleeping peacefully.
"Wonnie? Hyukkie?" Kyuhyun asked softly, He seemed so small and tired. 


HyukJae watched as Siwon openhis arms and elope Kyuhyun in a hug leading outside --- most probably to the cafeteria HyukJae thought. But not before giving HyukJae the 'Look' . HyukJae Nodded, as he sat next to Donghae where Kyuhyun was previously perched.
 
"Hae?" HyukJae asked softly at the fluttering of eyelids
"Hyuk!" Donghae exclaimed happily.


"I.."


"WHAT !?" exclaimed when a paper plane hit him on the nose. "Hae ! What was that for !" 


"You Know I Love you but sometimes i wonder what's going on in that head of yours" Donghae teased from where he was standing clad in black hoodie he had gotten from HyukJae as a birthday present, And a grey Beanie, covering his now light brown hair and torn jeans. "Come on Kyu and Siwon are waiting !" He smiled as he waved me over.


"Okay , Okay I huffed, And  I love you too" HyukJae smiled kissing His Donghae squarely on the lips as they walk out hand in hand towards their waiting brothers.


"I fell In Love with My best friend " HyukJae murmured happily as the emerged from their dimly lit hallway to the bright rays of the sun, Where their Brothers were waiting in each others arms .