Rootless Hope

Damn It!

Jiwon's POV

-----

I woke up and saw my phone showing a lot of missed calls from Seungho. Kahi slept with me. I called Seungho back.

“Hi!” I said with a smile. I could not have been happier. He, one of the cutest guys on earth has just tried to call me over 50 times just this morning. Other girls would be very annoyed by guys like him but I…

I like it.

“Oh. Are you okay? I’m sorry. Did I wake you up?” He says really fast.

“I’m okay. So, it’s on the news?” I say. I don’t know why I have to ask that but it just ruined my mood. Then, I remember myungsoo’s actions the other night again. What do I expect? She’s his friend. I’m just a random person out there. I don’t know why I give a damn. I’m just a fan. I have Seungho here.

“Yeah. Of course. Breakfast?” He says.

I should’ve said yes. “Nope. I want to be… a little… Alone? Today?” Was I rude? I like this guy a lot. Why could I just say yes and yes and yes to him?

“Oh. Okay. Have a happy “loner” day today.” He laughs.

“Yeah. Take care! I---“ I don’t know what I’m about to say.

“You--?”

“I’d enjoy the day.” I said.

“Yeah. Same goes here. Take care.” He said. That ended the convo. Kahi looks really tired. She’s still asleep right now. Oh. I forgot to share. I’m about to debut as the newest member of after school.

I leave my unit just to go for a walk outside. I have the whole morning today to try to unwind.

Then, I was so shocked to see Myungsoo sitting in the lobby of our building. My heart just pounded heavily. I can’t breathe. I hope he’s here for me.

-------------

Note: Still on Jiwon’s POV

I look at him and he caught me looking at him. I continue walking and see him walking towards my way. Maybe he just wants to exit too.

But I waited. I waited for a voice to call my name. I can feel that he’s walking behind me, I know. He’s not calling me, though. Why would he?

Until…

“Jiwon!”

It was not him. But I turned around… and saw his face immediately.

At this point, I wanna go back to being an ordinary person… someone unknown. I wanna be the craziest fangirl an idol has ever seen. But no… Ican’t. He knows me. I can’t act wild. And so…

I pretend that I didn’t see him and just went to the person who called my name, Kahi.

“Oh! Unni!”

----

Myungsoo’s POV

I follow her. I went here to talk to her and try to explain Jiae’s actions last night. However, I cannot call her attention because of some weird shyness I’m feeling right now. Until…

She turned around because someone called her. I try to open my mouth to speak. She saw me but just ignored me. Well, who am I to her? I’m the one who first came to the person who tried to frame her up last night. I’m like… another enemy to her.

Kahi noona just gave something to her then she continued walking. Kahi saw me to. She gave me a … an unfriendly look. I understand.

I want to call her name but I don’t know what to do next after I do that. My right hand did the job. I grab her by the shoulder.

She doesn’t look shocked. She looks like she was expecting me to do what I’ve done.

“Hi.” I say

“Oh hello”, she replies, smiling.

“I’m so sorry about last---“

“I’m sorry. I have to go now. I have to meet someone.” She says walking… almost running away from me.