Chapter 5

Vengeance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 “I know you guys find this information boring, but it’ll be useful to you guys later in life” the history teacher, Mr. Kim, said. “History often repeats itself. Alright, with that I’ll conclude class. Remember to begin picking out topics for your papers that are due in two weeks”

Everyone began packing up and getting ready to leave the classroom. Kyuhyun finished first and approached Donghae, who was fumbling with his bag. Just as he reached Donghae’s table, Hyukjae got up abruptly, causing both of them to stop in their tracks, and walked away.

“Damn, is he always this moody?” Donghae asked when Kyuhyun was near.

“It’s a Monday, who wouldn’t be moody,” Kyuhyun responded with a shrug

“You’re right, now Kyuhyun, tell me, what shall we do with our lovely free time?” Donghae asked

“For one, we’re both getting some food because I’m hungry,” Kyuhyun said, causing Donghae to laugh as he put on his backpack

“Dude, we had lunch a couple hours ago,” Donghae said as they walked

“I’m a growing boy, plus, I’m never not in the mood to eat”

“You’re right, I’ll call the doctor if you ever reject food” Donghae joked lightly. The two boys headed to the diner and grabbed food for themselves.

“Kyuhyun, do you know if there’s a dance club at this school?” Donghae asked

“Yeah, there’s one on this campus, why?” Kyuhyun asked

“I just really like dancing, that’s all,” Donghae said, taking a bite of his food

“There's also a singing club, I’m thinking about trying out for them,” Kyuhyun said

“I didn’t know you could sing?”

“Donghae we’ve known each other for less than two days, there’s a lot you don’t know about me,”

Donghae rolled his eyes and ate his food, as the two boys talked about menial things. Mid-conversation Donghae caught Hyukjae strolling in with two other guys. Donghae nudged Kyuhyun and asked who they were.

“They’re all in the dance club, the guy on his right is Gikwang, and the guy on his left is Taemin. I’m not sure how Hyukjae’s gonna feel about you joining the dance club. He didn’t seem ecstatic about you being his seatmate.” Kyuhyun said.

“Yeah, he seems a little touchy, more than I expected,” Donghae commented and went back to his food

The two boys planned to go back to their dorm, change into casual clothing and then head to the library to finish their assignments and get started on the readings due for class. Donghae was in no way a slacker, and Kyuhyun was attending school on a scholarship so he needed to make sure he was always in the top twenty of their grade.

___

After a very long lunch with Hangeng, Leeteuk, and Kangin, Heechul headed back to his studio apartment. He was exhausted and needed a nap.

Hyung, where are we eating? -- LHK

Venus, it’s a pretty good Italian restaurant from what I’ve heard, unless you have somewhere you wanna go instead. -- KHC

Italian sounds good, can we meet a bit later? -- LHK

Sure, let’s meet at 7:30 -- KHC

Heechul decided to take a nap so that he wouldn’t lose his temper when he is with Hongki. Two hours later, he found himself walking into Venus, looking for his old friend, who immediately noticed that Heechul was in the restaurant and waved his hand to get Heechul’s attention.

“Sorry, I didn’t make you wait long did I?” Heechul asked as he hugged Hongki

“Nope, I just got here,” Hongki said, patting Heechul’s back and then pulling away

“Okay good, let’s grab a seat by the window, this place has a decent view,” Heechul said eyeing the seats by the windows. The two sat down at one of the tables that were in the middle of the window row.

“Thanks for all of your help Hongki, I found the guy,”

“Hyung why’d you suddenly ask for his info? Did he do you dirty?”

“Not me directly, he messed with Donghae,”

“Oh my gosh, not Donghae, what did this do?”

“His little brother more or less used our Hae as his summer toy and left him without even a goodbye,” Heechul shared

“No way, how could he do that to our baby Hae, if anything I always thought whoever would be in a relationship with Donghae wouldn’t be able to help but want to protect him. What kind of inhumane piece of is he?” Hongki grumbled. He had met Donghae a couple of times in the course of his friendship with Heechul, and he absolutely adored the younger.

“Exactly!”

“But Hyung, what does his older brother have to do with any of this?”

“My plan is to break his heart like his brother did to my brother. Hyukjae will know the pain I went through when I found my brother completely broken. Plus Donghae’s going to get his own revenge with Hyukjae. We’ll leave the brothers broken and return to our peaceful life as it was before any of this.” Heechul explained.

Hongki wasn’t exactly sure if this was going to work but didn’t stop Heechul, there was no stopping Heechul once he made up his mind. “Hyung, just be careful and don’t fall in love with that older brother”

Heechul laughed, “There’s no way I’d fall in love with a brute. You should’ve heard him this morning, he gave me chills when he was on the phone.”

“Whatever you say Hyung,” Hongki smiled at his friend

--

The following day, Kyuhyun got out of the shower and woke Donghae up to get ready for school.

“Donghae Hyung, wake up and go shower. Professor Cha isn’t exactly the nicest, I heard he makes late students write essays.” Kyuhyun informed

“Ugh, I’m up, I’m up,” Donghae grumbled into the bed, making Kyuhyun sigh

The two grabbed two loaves of bread and a milk carton for breakfast before hurrying over to their classroom. Thankfully they made it in time, as professor Cha wasn’t in the room yet.

Donghae and Kyuhyun looked at each other and laughed a bit before walking over to their seats. Donghae’s hair was standing up and Kyuhyun patted it down for him.

“Wow, who would’ve thought Kyuhyun’s heart would be taken by the new guy,” a slightly shorter blond haired guy said

“Ugh, it’s Sungmin,” Kyuhyun dramatically sighed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter