Chapter 5

FACADE

Can we get the upvotes to 50? Enjoy. 

 

 

Mrs. Bae read the address on her phone as she wonders when did her daughter bought the condo unit? She is informed of all her daughters purchases and assets. But not this unit condo that her man just informed her with. Why would Irene keep this info from her and most of all, it was not the money that she can trace. Mrs. Bae grab her bag. Irene is getting suspicious day by day. 

 

“Sica, where are you going?” Mr. Bae Yuri sudden appearance almost startle Jessica. 

 

“Did you know that Juhyun has a unit condo that we know nothing about?” Yuri shrugged it off as he set his cup of coffee down and checking his phone. Jessica made her way towards her husband and slap him hard on back earning a loud groan from him. 

 

“Yah! What’s wrong with you?” 

 

“Did you not hear what I just said? Juhyun, our daughter own a condo without our knowledge.”

 

“Our knowledge or yours?”

 

“Does it matter?” Yuri would love to argue with her but he knows her the best and the more they argue, it will never end well. 

 

“She’s not eighteen Sica. She’s buying a condo, so? She might be interested with properties as far as we both know. Why is this an issue?”

 

“I didn’t know about the purchase. That means she has another private account setup without our knowledge. We Bae, we don’t do things in secret.”

Jessica is far than losing from this argument. Her ego is as big as Bae Agriculture business reputation. Yuri sighed. What is wrongg with him trying to argue with her? Jessica decided that she had won the argument, so she’s going to raid the address and solve this mystery. 

 

Yuri sighed for the second time as he gently held her wrist stopping her from her mad woman trance. Jessica dagger glares did not manage to deter him from stopping her. 

 

“You have an important meeting this morning remember? You have postponed this meeting twice already.” Yuri reminding Jessica hoping the woman would realise that she can not postpone for the third time. Jessica bite her inside cheek. She really want to go and get answers from Irene but she can’t miss this meeting. 

 

“But Juhyun..”

 

“Babe, you go for your meeting and I’ll find Juhyun. She’s my daughter too.”

 

It is hard to miss the stern tone from Yuri. That means he is taking this seriously and she can rely on him. 

 

“Promise me that you will not go soft on her.” Yuri didn’t want to but he promise her that they will be bad cops together if it is for the best of their daughters. He noticed Juhyun weird behaviour ever since she came back to Seoul. Maybe Juhyun being secretive is only a phase. Maybe. 

 

“I promise. I’ll let you know if anything, okay?” Yuri kissed her lips as he helped her to the door. Before she leave, she tip toed and place another kiss on his lips. 

 

“I love you.”

 

“I know. Drive safely.” Yuri watched as Jessica get into her car and their driver drive away from their garage. He always in knowledge of Jessica tendency of controlling their kids especially Juhyun. She said Juhyun reminded her of herself when she was younger and she had done the most unforgiving things that it made her fear of Juhyun repeating the same mistake. It hurts him to know that Juhyun is hiding things from them. Not because he’s a control freak but also because he feels like Juhyun didn’t trust him enough. 

 

..... 

 

Irene eyes fluttered open as the ray lights seeping through the window blinds. She blinks a few times as she tries to remember where the hell she is. 

 

“Good morning.” Irene lips tugging into a wide smile as she was greeted by Wendy’s raspy just awaken voice behind her. She slightly turns around in Wendy’s arm as her wife gentle gaze welcoming her this morning. 

 

“Did you just wake up Wan?”

 

“You can say that.” Irene giggles as Wendy left a kiss on the tip of her nose. She place her palm against Wendy’s cheek as their gaze fix on each other. Their bodies are flush together and with her back on the floor cover only by Wendy’s jacket. 

 

“I think we need to shop some furniture. My back hurts.” Irene complained as she arch her back; it is sore from sleeping on the hard floor. Wendy flips her over and let her be on top. 

 

“How about now?” Irene cups Wendy’s face and planted a sloppy kiss on her lips. 

 

“Perfect.”

 

Wendy glanced to her right as she’s taking in the view. Irene on the other hand just simply stating at her wife side profile. Wendy has a nice side profile. Very well sculpture jaw and nice skin. 

 

“The view is nice.”

 

“Yeah it does.” Irene dreamily said without even hinting at Wendy that she’s actually staring at her, not the scenery outside.

 

“So I can keep the condo right?” Wendy hummed her answer but still eyes on the scenery outside. Irene giggles as she let her head resting against Wendy’s chest. She lives cuddling with her wife. It was so rare that she craves for it all the time. Wendy gently squeeze the latter . 

 

“But..” Wendy eyes travel back to her wife. She grins as she caught Irene staring dreamily at her. Irene blushed so hard. Wendy love it when Irene flustered over her.

 

“But?”

 

“Like you said, we have to go for furniture shopping. Let’s do it today.”

 

Irene eyes widen as she slightly pulled away but remain in her partner arms.

 

“Are you being serious?”

 

“Yeah.”

 

“What if your dad call or my mother needs me?” Irene love the idea of another day with Wendy but she knows the moment her father call, Wendy would likely cancel this shopping trip. She didn’t want to get her hopes up. She will be disappointed like yesterday.

 

Wendy leans forward and planned a kiss on that luscious lips.

 

“Let’s off our phone. You know like going off grid. I just want to enjoy the day with you. Just Seungwan and Juhyun. Not Wendy and Irene.” Irene pressed her forehead against Wendy as she bask in the morning warmth. Wendy gently running her palm along the side of Irene body.

 

“Sounds like a plan.” Irene passed another soft kiss against Wendy lips as she pulls away; getting ready for an amazing day but Wendy had a mischievous smile on her face when she tugs her back down. Irene yelped in surprise when Wendy flip them; she’s beneath her wife while Wendy hovers dangerously close, all smile.

 

“I didn’t said now.”

 

.....

 

“Why are we even here appa?” Yeri was sleeping when her dad barging into her room and drag her out of bed into the car and drove away. She used to her father weird way of starting the morning, but why are they stopping at a condo complex?

 

“Apparently your sister bought a unit in this complex.” Yuri looked around and noticed a guy wearing a suit approaching them.

 

“Mr Bae. Here is the key card. 501.” Yeri continues watching the exchange happening between them and wonders what the hell is going on.

 

“Thank you. I’ll take it from here.” The guy in suit nodded as Yuri dismissed him. 

 

“Come on Yerm. We don’t have all day.”

 

“My precious sleeping time was ruined because you want to show me unni’s condo unit? Appa......” Yeri whined as Yuri slung his arms around his small daughter shoulder.

 

“Your mother thinks that Juhyun is hiding something from her. She bought this unit using her own money from her own personal account that we didn’t know existed. You know how Jessica hated it when you guys doing something behind her back.” Yuri explained as they entered the complex using the key card. Yeri suddenly feel nervous. She gulps as she try to remain calm.

 

“How did you know if it is a secret purchase?” Yuri chuckled as he playfully. ruffle his younger daughter hair.

 

“We have eyes on everything Yerm. It really up to your mother if she’s going to act on things or not. Like this condo. She can easily get an access without hassle. Juhyun is lucky that I volunteer myself as tribute or she’s going to get it from your mother.”

 

Yeri felt her forehead start sweating. If Juhyun unni bought a condo using a secret stash money then it means this condo wasn’t meant to be found. Is it ‘their’ home together. Yeri eyes widen as she quickly jumped in front of her father, startling the old guy.

 

“Don’t do that Yerm! Appa might get a heart attack!” Yuri rub up and down his chest totally surprise by Yerivs action.

 

“But.. But.. I’m..hungry! Yeah, I’m hungry!”

 

Yuri is judging his daughter. Yeah Yeri eat a lot but after making him make a stop at McDonald’s and bought 4 breakfast meal, there’s no way she would still be angry. Yuri cross his arms against his chest; for taking in hurry against the floor and eyes judging her.

 

“You knew she bought this unit.”

 

“What?no!” Yeri raised her voice in desperate to deny anything at this point.

 

“Oh you are Yerim. Appa isn’t stupid. You’re acting way too weird.”

 

Yuri leans forward that Yeri has to take a few small steps back. She gulped hard as he is giving her that classic look you-got-caught.

 

“N.. No?”

 

“I can read you like an open book baby. You don’t play round with the master tricksters like myself. You can fool your mom and sisters but not me.”

 

Yuri warned her as he leads them inside the elevator as he tap the key card bringing them to the floor automatically. Yeri sneak a peak at her father and without him looking, she pulls out her phone and sent a text to Irene.

 

‘You better read this text unni. Your doom.’

 

.....

 

Irene arched her back as she came hard. No matter how many times our how frequent they did it, Wendy always know me ways to satisfy her in bed although technically they haven’t have a bed yet. As she climbs down from her high, Wendy pushed herself up and run her right hand fingers along the side of Irene sweaty face.

 

“You tasted extra sweet today.” Irene tired groan turning making Wendy’s heart do a flip. She caught her lips for a lazy kiss wondering despite going out all our yesterday and this morning, she still crave for her wife. Irene is dead tired but she knows Wendy hadn’t get off herself. She let her hand travel down.

 

“You haven’t get off yet.”

 

Wendy had a soft smile as she place another gentle kiss on Irene’s slightly swollen lips.

 

“I did plenty last night. This is just something I really want you to feel.” She just want Irene to be happy with her. Irene had gone out of the way to find them a house when there’s risks involved. This is just her way of saying thank you for loving her. 

 

“Seungwan ah?”

 

“Yeah?”

 

“I love you.” Wendy smile grew wider as she pressed her forehead against Irene. 

 

“Back at you. More than anything.” Wendy wanted another round but Irene attention is on her phone that is quite far from her reach. 

 

“What?”Wendy eyes dated towards Irene line of sight. 

 

“Ignore it. I thought we’re going offline today.” Irene reluctant to do but she is really looking forward to spend the day with Wendy. A day won’t poised of her mother right? 

 

“Or parents are going to kill us.”

 

“I’ll be your knight in shining armour.” Irene flash Wendy her seductive smile and flipped them over with her on top. Wendy whistle like a ert she is with palms resting on both sides of Irene’s waist. Her eyes are on that perfect chest. Irene place a finger under Wendy’s chin as she lift her head upwards breaking Wendy’s eye contact with her s. 

 

“Aren’t you a ert?”

 

“Well, you like my so as a compensation, I can love your s.”

 

“Oh really?” Irene purposely leans forward so that her chest would look more desirable. Wendy’s mouth slightly agape as her gaze lowers down and stop at the two perfect s.

 

“Bae Juhyun!” Both and Irene and Wendy turn towards the bedroom door. Their eyes widen in surprise but also in fear; stood there with hands on hip, eyes almost pop out and a teenager girl hiding behind his back is the last person they want to see entering their new home.

 

“Appa..”

 

Wendy pushed herself up and grab her jacket to cover Irene’s body while she scrambled for her shirt. Yuri face had turned red and Wendy didn’t know if she wants to explain anything.

 

“5 minutes. Get dress and come out of this damn room. And you!” Yuri gaze landed on Wendy and she swore he can kill her right now with just his eyes alone.

 

“...DON’T YOU DARE RUNNING AWAY.” Wendy hastily bibbing her head. She has no intention of running away. They are in this together. Son Wendy Seungwan will face the monster.

 

......

 

Yuri is beyond pissed off. What the hell is going on? Her precious daughter with a Son heir? What kind of sick joke is this? Yeri can inly watched as her father just sitting there, eyes staring at the wall as if he can bring down the wall with just his eyes. 

 

“Appa..”

 

“Did you know about them Yerm?” And it is painful for her when her father didn’t even look at her as he uttered the question. 

 

“Don’t lie to me. Again.” Yuri didn’t mean to sound the way he is now; angry. All these while, he felt like he is close with his girls. They tells him everything but today he just learnt how wrong he is. 

 

“Just recently. Appa before you get angry with unni, I have something to say.” Yeri waited for his father to face him but the latter didn’t so she continues.

 

“Please listen to what unni wants to say.”

 

The bedroom door swings open revealing a pale looking Irene and Wendy next to her. Yuri saw how Wendy stays beside Irene and when she initiates holding his daughter hand. Irene take a deep breath. She’s not ready to confront her father about her relationship but when Wendy squeeze her hand, Irene realized that she’s not alone. Wendy is here and together they will find the strength to face her father. 

 

Yuri gesture for the two to take the empty couch in front of him. They did without a word. 

 

“What is this?” Yuri flap his right hand up and down indicating the two of them. 

 

“A rebel against the family? A one night stand? Some thing that you two find it funny? Juhyun?” Yuri is getting impatient especially when Irene remains silent. His gaze landed on Wendy. 

 

“Did your father set you up to screw Juhyun? Getting into my daughter pants and when the time comes, leave her to be broken?” Wendy felt a pang right onto her face. She can’t believe Mr Bae would even thought of her like this. 

 

“No..I love her.” 

 

“Love? 2 months? 3 months? And when you had her then you’re going to leave?” 

 

“Appa, no!” Irene had enough listening after one to another accusations thrown at them. She didn’t mean to raise her voice but he is not listening to her. 

 

“Then what the hell is this Bae Juhyun?!” 

 

“We’re married! She’s...my wife.” Yeri watch in pain as Yuri body just plopped down on the couch as he’s staring at the two. Irene brave herself to look into her father’s eyes. 

 

“I can’t say I’m sorry appa.” Irene untangled her fingers away from Wendy as she stood up and walked towards Yuri. She kneel in front of her as she inched her hands forward reaching for her father’s hand. Yuri didn’t move but didn’t pulled away. 

 

“You always tells me to find someone who can loves me more than I love myself. I found her, appa.”

 

There are tears pooling in her eyes and Yuri felt bad for making her feel like this. He was suppose to be protecting her but he is hurting her. 

 

“I wanted to tell you so bad but I didn’t know how.” Yuri cupped Irene’s face and help wiping away her tears with his thumbs. 

 

“She makes me happy appa like you make umma happy.” Yuri eyes drifted towards Wendy who’s ready to take Irene from him if she shed more tears. The way she looks at Irene reminding her the way he looks at his wife; completely in love Jessica said. 

 

“I’m so sorry appa. I’m really sorry.” Yuri pulled her into his arms as he let his daughter crying against his chest. He was so angry that he failed to see how much Irene is in pain for hiding her own happiness. He has always been her favourite parent that she told him everything. It must have been painful for her to keep this one secret to herself. 

 

“If anyone should be blame, it should have been me. I agree to keep this  secret even from my parents. It is not just her fault. I’m apart of the decision that was made.” Wendy bow 90° in front of Yuri. Irene shouldn’t be shouldering this by herself. Yuri remained his silence as Irene starting to calm down. He gently pulled her away and help her sit down next to him. Wendy and Yeri shared a look but looking at how calm Yeri is, Wendy wished that Yuri can see through past the family feud and understand them instead. Wendy braced herself as Yuri attention is on her. 

 

“Taeyeon didn’t know about this?”

 

“No sir. He is as clueless as your side of the family.” 

 

“How can I trust your words?” Yuri gaze felt like daggers that if she says anything wrong, she might be dead in an instant. 

 

“You can’t, sir. But I am telling you the truth. I love Juhyun and as much as I crave for my family blessing, I don’t want it if it means that I have to hurt her. If I have to leave everything I have right now for her, I would do it. Anything.” Her words came from heart and she didn’t stutters on any part of her sentences. The one part that Yuri knew she wasn’t lying was when she was staring at his daughter as if she’s telling her that everything will be alright. Why does this kid reminding him of his younger self? He sighed. 

 

“How did you met? When did you get married?” Irene placed her hand on top of her father’s. 

 

“We met during college in Canada. We got married the day before we came back from Canada. We didn’t know we were marrying the two family rival. We only knew about it when we saw everyone at airport. I want to come clean but I’m afraid we’ll be separated so we keep a secret.” Irene explained their situation while checking her father’s reaction. He looks so bothered by their marriage as if it is so bad. Something is wrong. 

 

“Appa?” Yuri startle a little as if he was zooming out. He heard it clear. He inhale silently and eyes back on Wendy. 

 

“Do you love Juhyun?” Even Yeri can sense there’s something not right with Yuri and it seems like Wendy and Irene noticed it too. 

 

“With all my heart sir.”

 

“Then promise me that you will not leave her no matter what.” Yuri turns towards Irene. 

 

“Promise me that you’ll come to me if anything happens.”

 

Irene doesn’t know why but the desperation in her father’s voice is bugging her and she knows that Wendy felt it too. Something is not right with him. 

 

“I promise.”

 

“I promise too Mr Bae. You have my words.” Yuri bobbing his triple times as he kissed Irene on the forehead before standing up. 

 

“Yerm. Are you coming?” Yeri quickly get beside her father as Yuri turns around once more. His gaze falls on Irene before go to Wendy and then back at Irene. 

 

“Your mother must not know about this Hyun. Neither is your dad, Wendy. I’ll come up with something soon. For now, this conversation never happened.” Yuri left with Yeri giving them an apologetic look as she trails behind her father. Wendy quickly kneel on the floor and pulled Irene into her arms as the girl let out tears in the arms of her partner. 

 

“Shh..everything is going to be okay.” Wendy run her fingers down the locks of her hair as she stares lands towards the front door of their house where Mr Bae and Yeri just left. His words bothering her to no ends.

 

“Appa look so...disappointed.” Irene sobs as the memory of her father shocking expression justify her thoughts. 

 

“We’ll be fine. He’ll find a way for us right?” Wendy hope he is. Mr Bae seems to take this better than she had expected. But for now, what Wendy can do is making sure that Irene is okay after the confrontation with her dad early on. She’s afterall his favourite out of the three daughters. Maybe. 

 

..... 

 

Yuri hasn’t said a word and Yeri is getting worried and nervous of her father reaction. Is Irene marrying Wendy is such a huge fuss that Yuri seems to be restless. 

 

“Appa.”

 

“Yerm, who else knows about this?” Yuri questioned Yeri as he keeps his eyes on the road. 

 

“Uh Sooyoung unni and Seulgi, Wendy’s twin sister. Appa, is this marriage is important that you seems restless?”

 

Yuri made a sudden stopped that it scares Yeri as she hung onto whatever there in the passenger seats. Yuri turns facing her with eyes seems to be determine. 

 

“You’re going to be my eyes and ears Yerm. You’ll tell me anything suspicious about Juhyun and also your mom.”

 

“Umma?”

 

“You and your umma is close. If you find her looking suspicious, you tell me. Understand Yerm?” Yeri quickly bobbing her head, understand her father request. Yuri nodding back at her as he start driving again. But his mind is starting do some flashbacks. Especially one that had happened quite a long time ago. 

 

“Ms Bae?” Yuri called as she puts away his umbrella. He tried calling her but he didn’t pick up and soon he can’t reach her anymore. He got worried so he search the one place he knows she might to go. 

 

Yuri flipped the switch on to light up the hall. The heavy rain outside almost got him wet. Luckily he had an umbrella in the car. 

 

“Ms Bae?” Yuri tries again as he comes around the dinner area. But his track stopped as he heard a cries from upstairs. He rushed up the staircase and barge into Jessica Bae room. The cry came from the bathroom area. Yuri with precautions entered and saw Jessica sitting on the floor next to bathtub holding a paper that he has knowledge about. 

 

“Ms Bae?” Jessica looks up and Yuri can see trace of her smudge eyeliner; probably due to her excessive crying. He kneel on one knee in front of her when she jumped into his arms and brawling like he never had seen before. He hold her close to his body as he takes the item away from her hand. His eyes widen in horror. 

 

“Sica, you’re pregnant?” He felt her nodding against his chest but her cries grew louder. 

 

“Who?” He gently push her slightly away. She looks like a mess and if he didn’t come, god knows what’s going to happen. 

 

“Taeyeon.”

 

Notes: I wrote SNSD fanfiction before and everytime I update a chapter, my readers has the urge to throw bricks at me. Just a heads up.