Take #2

Eyes on Me, Please
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~

“Out of Nowhere”

~

 

Feeling anxious, Yunji kept on biting her fingernails. Once in a few seconds checked her phone, checking if she got any message from a certain someone or not. After two minutes passed without much progress, she loudly growled before ruffling her hairs out of frustration. She grabbed her phone again, tried to call Kim Yugyeom for the hundred times that night.

“Just you see, I’ll kill you as soon as I have a hand on you, ungrateful bastard!” With her face red out of anger, Yunji kept on cursing her missing roommate under her breath as she pressed her phone to her ear.

Kim Yugyeom wouldn’t be fine when he decided to come back. After all, Yunji lost her bathing and beauty sleeping time.

“Hmm… he said he wouldn’t be able in contact for a few weeks”

Yunji turned her head at the male, who was sitting on the long sofa. She sharply glared at him, she was already stressed with the sudden disappearance of her roommate, yet the presence of this black-haired man who came out of nowhere was making it worse.

“Tell me again, what did he exactly said?”

Throwing her phone toward the glass table, she leaned her back on the single sofa behind her, crossing her arms and legs.

It turned out this Mark Tuan wasn’t a stalker nor a thief. A certain Kim Yugyeom just asked Mark to substitute him as Nayeon’s manager for a few months. In addition, for the time being, he offered Mark a place to live since the older man didn’t have any place to stay in Korea. Which was where she also lives.

She couldn’t say that he was lying when Mark showed her a familiar worn-out knitted scarf. That ugly color faded scarf was her Chrismas present for Yugyeom seven years ago. How can she forgot when it was her first attempt to knit something after weeks of attending knit-classes.

Yugyeom gave it to him, saying that his roommate would let him stay if he showed it to her. Truth was, she’ll really let him stay. With the disappearance of Yugyeom, this Mark guy was her only source of information to find that ungrateful bastard. Although to find that scarf in the hand of a stranger as a proof that he wasn’t lying made her fuming. She poured her blood and tears on that piece of ugly cloth, even made Kim Yugyeom promised that he wouldn’t lose it. It was such an irony when that scarf made its way back to her hands like that.

“He didn’t tell me the details, he just said that he was in a serious trouble and need a person to substitute him for a few months as soon as possible” Mark answered while running his eyes around the room. It was painted blue with a lot of contrasting furniture, even if some furniture a little bit child-like, it was pleasant in the eyes.

“And you agreed because…?”

“I happened to have a year-long break, so why not?” Shrugging, he showed her an easy smile, although it was as clear as her current mood that he didn’t mean it.

“I mean, why?!!” Yunji asked in frustration, she lost her patient already with today’s events. Just when she would have a nice, no-drama life even just for a day?

“Isn’t it obvious? Friends do something crazy sometimes, we even-”

With a dramatic sigh, Yunji interrupted him midway. She massaged her temples before sharply staring at him. “I’ll let you stay here until I have a hand on Kim Yugyeom and kill him with my own hands”

Mark Tuan’s eyes widened in surprise, he didn’t expect her to let him stay here. He was about to say his thank you when Yunji added her words.

“But I have rules. First, you can stay in Kim Yugyeom’ room but don’t make any noise when I am asleep, I have sensitive ears. Second, don’t ever touch my kitchen. Third, the least but most important. Don’t ever, like ever, tell Im Nayeon my apartment password or I’ll kill you too together with Kim Yugyeom” Yunji listed with a smug face, she then rose up from her seat. It was pointless to spend any more time dwelling on this any further, she needed her beauty sleep.

“Do you understand?” Added her while giving Mark her last attention.

“Alright” Mark nodded his head, once again observing this actress. Instead of finding her annoying with her bossy tone when it was obvious that he was older than her, he found her red face, forehead full of frowns and that natural pout of her lips cute.

Kim Yunji just looked like a grumpy kitten who needed a lot of attention.

~

 

On seven in the morning, her annoying alarm blared loudly. Sleepily, Yunji stretched her arm and blindly turned it off. She stayed in place for another five minutes before slowly getting up. With a hand rubbed her eyes, her left hand searching for a glass of water she always put on the nightstand. When she couldn’t find anything, a frown appeared on her forehead.

She sighed, was dry, and it was unpleasant. Yunji, half sleepily, got up from her bed while dragging along her blanket.

“Oppa! Can you bring me a glass of warm water?” She shouted out with her usual bossy tone before throwing her body on the long sofa of their living room. Yunji moan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter