Chapter 18

A Vampire's Story

"Come back to us Renjun, Jaemin," said Jeno as he put up his illusion. "Hell no," said Jaemin as he put up his human illusion. "Screw off Jeno," he spat. "You can't be the alpha that I've been," he said. "You lost the alpha position the day you came out to me saying you were gay," spat Jeno. A growl erupted from Chani's chest. "I don't give a damn who you are, but judging someone by their uality is just plain wrong," he spat.

"Give up now and you'll be left alone," said Sunggyu. "Woohyun however," he added. "Is still on the list," he said. "And the two foxes here are after him," he said.

"You see," said Chani as he tilted his head slightly, moving with the others to where he was facing Jeno. "We had this planned since the beginning," he said. "But it really seems you're out of luck this time," he said.

"Leave Jeno to me," said Jaemin. "He's mine," he spat as he dropped his illusion and attacked Jeno. Chenle and Jisung jumped into action but Chani sprinted forward and shoved them away. "This is our fight here puppies," spat Chani as Eunwoo, Sanha and Cory went straight for Woohyun who ran off. The others quickly moved into action as Chani dealt with Chenle and Jisung, quickly knocking them out.

Jaemin was having trouble, Jeno's larger wolf form quickly taking advantage of his size to beat down Jaemin. Chani turned to the fight and hesitated, wondering if he should step in or not.

When Jaemin was thrown a few feet away did Chani jump into the fight, thoroughly pissed off now. "Damn you," he snarled as he threw Jeno against a tree. "Face me like a man," he said, walking over to Jeno and picking him up by the neck, shoving him against the tree. Jeno struggled against his hold, putting up his human illusion as he held onto Chani's arm.

"Give me one good reason to not kill you right now," snarled out Chani as he shoved Jeno into the tree again. "Chani," said Jaemin as he put up his illusion as he stood. "Let him go," he said. "What the hell?" Asked Chani. "You want me to let him go after everything he's done to you?" He spat. Renjun went over and helped Jaemin stand, slinging an arm over his shoulder. "He's family Chani," said Jaemin. That caused Chani to pause, dropping Jeno on the ground. "What?" He asked.

"Jeno's my older cousin," said Jaemin as Renjun walked over with him. "Family is important but," said Chani as he shook his head. "Get rid of the toxic ones in your life," he spat. "That's exactly what I'm doing," said Jaemin. "When you decide to make yourself known again I hope that you don't come after us," he said. "Go home, take Chenle and Jisung back too," he said.

Sungyeol and Myungsoo came over, and Chani turned to them. "Finished?" He asked. "Yeah," said Sungyeol. "Let's head back then," said Renjun. Chani went over to Jaemin. "I'll go on Chani's back," said Jaemin. "What about me?" Asked Renjun. "You're walking back," said Chani. "You should know the way," he said. Renjun sighed halfheartedly as he gave a lopsided grin. "Of course," he said, helping Jaemin get onto Chani's back. "I'll see ya'll at home then," he said. Chani nodded, giving his own grin before adjusting Jaemin on his back and sprinting off with Myungsoo and Sungyeol following after him. Renjun soon dropped his illusion and ran back.

Sanha and Eunwoo were waiting on them on the porch. "Welcome back guys," said Eunwoo. "Got him?" Asked Chani as he walked passed them and into the house with Sungyeol and Myungsoo. "Yeah," said Eunwoo as he and Sanha followed them inside. Chani took Jaemin to the bathroom to let Sungyeol look at him before coming out of the bathroom and going to change out of his over sized hoodie.

"We had fun," Sanha said later as he sat with Chani on the porch swing. "But it looks like we're needed elsewhere," he said. "Nothing new there I guess," said Chani as he shook his head. "Well, tell Moonbin I said hello then," he said. "We'll be heading home tomorrow," said Sanha. "I'll tell him when we get there," he said.

"Do you miss those times?" Asked Chani. "Back when we were human?" Asked Sanha. "Somtimes," he said when Chani gave a nod. "Things were much simpler back then," he said. "They were," said Chani as Cory came out with dinner and handed a plate to Sanha before sitting down beside him.

"Ya'll leaving tomorrow too?" Asked Chani. "No," said Cory as he shrugged. "Good," said Chani. "I think Chan mentioned he was coming back in a few days," he said. "Jisung gets to spend some time with him then," said Cory. "He rarely gets to see the others, with Jeongin busy with school and Hyunjin getting his own missions now," he said.

"He seems to enjoy Jaemin and Renjun's company though," said Chani. "They're the same species, technically," said Cory. "Jisung does tend to gravitate towards wolf-humans more than werewolves," he said. "I still don't understand it," said Chani. "Even after all the explanations," he said. "Well, it is hard to explain something like that," said Cory as he sighed. After dinner everyone went to chill in their rooms, with Jaemin and Renjun staying in Chani's room for the time being.

The next morning Myungsoo drove Sanha and Eunwoo back to the airport with Chani though Chani didn't want to say goodbye. "Ah," said Eunwoo once they got checked in. "You got Jaemin's information?" He asked. "Yeah, here," said Chani as he texted it to Eunwoo's phone. "I'll forward it to Moonbin then, thanks," said Eunwoo. Chani nodded. "Thanks for everything," he said. Sanha grinned before hugging Chani and then Myungsoo who looked surprised. "See you guys around then!" He said before running off towards the security checkpoints. Eunwoo shook his head and followed after Sanha.

"Well," said Myungsoo as he stood with Chani for a few minutes. "That was something," he said. "Sanha's still a kid at heart, you get used to him," said Chani as they headed out to the jeep.