ii. Adoration

Degrees of Affection

ii. Adoration

Adoration (n): care and fondness; awe; idolization

---

 

when Yoona called Eunhyuk for a mission on the 3rd episode of Channel SoShi...

---

"Oppa."

"What is it?" Eunhyuk asked, not suspecting anything different from the call he just received.

"Oppa, what do you think of me?~," a weird voice that was both familiar and unfamiliar at the same time answered, startling him for a moment.

He took a peek at the caller ID and confirmed that it was indeed Yoona's name that's flashing on his phone screen. Thinking that the kid was pranking him or playing on him, he promptly threatened, "I'll hang up."

Aside from Yoona's own laugh which he already became accustomed to, there were other subdued sounds of laughter coming from the people she was with who, if he might guess, were probably the other members of Girls' Generation. Suddenly, he remembered that they have had the opportunity of having their own variety program to commemorate their comeback after years of being hiatus. When he put two and two together, he came up with the conclusion that Yoona and the rest were in the middle of filming and most likely, she was performing a mission right now.

"Oppa!" Yoona called out once again after a fit of laughter.

"What are you doing?" Eunhyuk asked deliberately, his own voice maintained its unwary and gullible tone.

"Oppa, I dreamed of ghost~," again, the weird voice spoke and then it was followed by the echos of their giggles. 

Hearing Yoona doing some kind of bizarre imitation made Eunhyuk want to laugh, but he made an effort on sounding unconscious of the happenings behind the call. "Are you drunk?" he asked, sounding concerned mixed with a bit of skepticism.

Yoona laughed again and told the people she was with something about him asking if she was drunk, eventually proving Eunhyuk's speculation about them being on a broadcast. Though what she said next was the deciding factor, "One more time, oppa, I..." Yoona stated, silently pleading him to go along and concur on her mission. She was undoubtedly refusing to give up right now. "I'm talking like this right now~ What do you think?~"

When Eunhyuk picked up Yoona's call earlier, it came out as a surprise that she was out on a broadcast and she wanted him to participate on something. After all, it wasn't unusual for this kid to call him either for important matters or simply for the smallest things. He even used his signature way of answering calls that he only used with his close friends and family members believing that it was a private conversation. Upon understanding everything, however, he still couldn't determine what he was supposed to do.

Between making the segment more entertaining by acting ignorant and actually not following it, the latter won by a fraction. Eunhyuk was usually sharp with this kind of things, but this time was odd in itself. Normally, on a mission like this, the caller would ask some questions that would be answered by the one they called, but Yoona suddenly started saying non sensible things with a weird voice that made it more confusing. 

"Yah! What is this you're doing...?!" Eunhyuk yelled, raising his voice a decibel higher to indicate the impatience that had built up.

"What do you think of this right now? What do you think of Yoona?"

"Are you asking me what I think of you, or are you asking about the weird sounds you just made?"

"I never made any weird sounds, though..." 

Yoona's response resulted him to snort. To prove that the sound she made was weird, Eunhyuk said it to her exactly the way she did, "'I dreamed of ghosts~' You said that. Is that okay?" he questioned and then he heard another fit of giggles from the line.

"What did you say?" 

"Ddaeng!"

By this time, Eunhyuk was already chuckling to himself. Although he wasn't entirely sure, he could more or less take a guess on Yoona's mission or on what's it all about. But unfortunately for her, his mischievous mode was on and he wouldn't just let her be triumphant that easily. 

"You needed to hear something from me, didn't you?" he asked, obviously grasping the situation.

Yoona sighed in disbelief, "Is this your first time in a show, really oppa?"

Eunhyuk couldn't help the laughter that came out because of it. It's fun to tease Yoona and it's even more fun that they were currently on a broadcast right now while he . "Oppa has done a lot of shows, but I don't know what is this you're doing~"

"Eunhyuk-ssi, Eunhyuk oppa," someone who sounded like Sooyoung suddenly spoke, taking over the call. "Within one minute, Yoona's mission was to hear the words 'Why are you so cute?' from Eunhyuk oppa."

"Then you can't do it like that~ If that's the case!" he explained before another laughter errupted from the girls.

"Then what should I do?"

"To be honest, I was very... frightened," he ultimately said, expressing half of his initial impression.

"Regardless, it was short but thank you for participating in the call and next time, please appear on 'Channel Soshi'".

He laughed once more and with an earnest and sincere feeling, he suggested, "Let's do it together~ Let's just do it together~" because he knew that a collaboration with Super Junior and Girls' Generation would be extremely interesting and enjoyable not only for the viewers but also for them.

"Alright, please come on the show~" Sooyoung eventually said and they all bid him goodbye.

"Alright, bye~" 

Eunhyuk reflected that even though it's only a few minutes, it was amusing to be featured on his precious junior's program, more specifically on Yoona's mission. Truthfully, he normally thought Yoona was cute and she knew that, possibly why she chose to call him. He often showed how he adored her and how fond he was to her. He thought she was cute every time she was doing her infamous imitation of the popular gagwoman. He thought she was cute every time they do a mock dance battle together. He thought she was cute every time she went along with his playful yet cool steps on stage. And above all, he thought she was cute every time she wanted to act cute.

Yoona was simply adorable especially because the people around her liked her and were responsive to her, just like him and the rest of the Super Junior members. Albeit they used to , they honestly regarded her as the cute little sister they've always had. Even the weird sound from before, which Eunhyuk compared to a voice of a willful elementary school kid was cute in a strange level. Either way, for Eunhyuk, if he adored someone, whatever they do would look cute on his eyes.

---

 

 

--krissyoong--