Daily Routine

Stalker Knows You The Best

Soonyoung teaches kids to dance every night. His friend, Seokmin helps him to get the job since Soonyoung needs extra money for his brother’s school expanses. So, he’s doing double job in a day to support his family.

 

“Why you look so happy tonight, teacher?” One of the kids asked when they stop for a break.

 

“I’m happy because I’m meeting you guys~” Soonyoung hummed.

 

“Lie~ Teacher Kwon is lying~!” Seokmin retorted, joining the kids. Soonyoung had told him about Jihoon when they were inside the car just now.

 

“Seokminie has to dance twice tonight~” Soonyoung announced wryly.

 

“No wayyyyyy~” Seokmin whined and made the kids burst out laughter. He tags along to keep Soonyoung accompany so that the older won’t feel awkward teaching the kids alone.

 

Soonyoung clasped his hands together to gain their attention back. “Alright guys! You can go back earlier tonight~ let’s do another two rounds and we are good~” he announced followed by the loud cheers from the kids.

 

“YAYYYY!!!”

 

 

“Thanks for the ride, Seokkie~”

 

“Sure, hyung~ but do tell me the story later~” Seokmin wriggled his eyebrows before waving him a goodbye. Soonyoung just smiled watching Seokmin slowly disappeared from his sight.

 

Mingyu’s still open but something caught his eyes more; a certain pink haired boy who is waiting for his food in Mingyu’s. His lips curved into a smile when he recalled about the red box thingy and the possible candidate for the owner of that box. There’s no way he would slide this chance off! This is the time to confirm it!

 

“Hey, Mingyu! I want the usual one!” Soonyoung ordered.

 

“Okay~” Mingyu hummed.

 

Therefore, Soonyoung simply took a seat in the same table as Jihoon whereas Jihoon already frozen in surprised the moment Soonyoung walked into the restaurant.

 

“You don’t mind if I sit here, right?” Soonyoung asked while flashing him his trademark smile simultaneously.

 

Jihoon swears his heart will explode if Soonyoung does more than this. Unwillingly, he just nodded as a response. But this is enough to entertain Soonyoung. Cute.

 

Soonyoung purposely placed the picture that he secretly took from the box previously on the table to see Jihoon’s reaction.

 

A star that triggers me in every way, huh~” Soonyoung hummed and thus winked mischievously at Jihoon.

 

“. Damn. How come he has the picture!???” Jihoon thought inwardly.

 

He looked away, trying to appear as compose as possible but deep inside him already in mess. He’s hoping that someone would save him from this embarrassment and how he wished the floor swallows him alive right now.

 

“The food is ready—”

 

Before Mingyu could finish his sentence, Jihoon already stood up and hurriedly grab his food. Thus, he shuffled towards the elevator straightway.

 

Mingyu was blinking with confusion until Soonyoung broke it with his laughter. “Cute.”

 

Mingyu turned to him, raising an eyebrow and signalling him to explain. “What happened?”

 

“He took the picture.” Soonyoung said with a smug face. “I placed it on the table and he took it.”

 

Mingyu gasped. “Oh my God!! So it’s really him!??”

 

Soonyoung shrugged his shoulders. “Who knows~”

 

 

“Jihoon you are an idiot!! Why did you take the picture!!!?? Surely he will know!!” Jihoon screamed internally. He looks absolutely like a tomato now. “ARGHH!!” He grunted.

 

“Jihoon, why you look so flustered? Is everything alright?”

 

Flinched, Jihoon didn’t realize he’s already inside the house until his grandma’s voice snapped him. “Y-Yes… I’m just tired, grandma…” He bluffed. 

 

“Are you still thinking about that red box…?” She asked hesitantly, feeling guilty at the same time.

 

Jihoon softened into a smile and hugged her. “No, grandma. It’s okay. I’m fine.”

 

She knows he’s upset but there’s nothing that she could do after she threw it away. They probably took the box and the rubbish away by now.

 

Knock. Knock. Knock. Abruptly, the door was knocked. But seriously on 12 midnight? Jihoon and his grandma exchanged stares, in dilemma either to open it or not. So, in the end they decide to open it.

 

Jihoon poked his head out from the door and found his crush standing in front of him, flashing his trademark smile. “Hey!”

 

Surely, Jihoon was about to explode with the sudden occasion but somehow, he managed to maintain his composure. Though he can’t hide his red ears…

 

“Oh Soonyoung!” His grandma’s voice from behind startled Jihoon and made him accidentally dropped the keys on his foot, producing a soft squeak.

 

Soonyoung on the other hand pretended like he doesn’t see it so that the pink haired won’t die in embarrassment.   

  

“Hello, grandma! I’m sorry for disturbing you and Jihoon at this hour.” He said sheepishly while scratching the back of his head.

 

“Don’t worry about it. But, what makes you here?”

 

“Well, I’m here to return this box. I believe this box belongs to Jihoon?” Soonyoung handed in the red box to her.

 

“Oh my God!” She gasped. “Thank you very much, Soonyoung! You don’t know how much I feel so guilty towards my grandson for throwing this away! I thought it’s just rubbish but Jihoon was extremely sad when I said I threw it away! I don’t know how I should repay you.” Feeling thankful, she hugged him.

 

“G-Grandma!” Jihoon hissed with bright red face and that amused Soonyoung.

 

“It’s okay, grandma!” He flashed another smile when she loosened the hug. “I will excuse myself first then. Sorry for disturbing once again and good night!”

 

He turned to Jihoon. “See you.” He winked naughtily when his grandma is not looking. Thus, he walked away to his house. Surely, it gave a direct attack towards Jihoon.

 

“I’m screwed…” Jihoon knelt down on the floor while covering his red face with both of his hands. “He knows about it…!!” His heart skips a beat as his one and only crush winked at him. INTENDED. TO. HIM. ONLY.

 

If this is a dream, please wake me up…! 

 

“Jihoon?”

 

Yet I don’t want to wake up…Oh God… What should I do now?

 

 

It’s like a daily routine meeting Jihoon on the lobby while waiting for the elevator. Today is no difference despite the event that occurred last night.

 

“Good morning, Jihoonie~” Soonyoung greeted the pink haired friendly.

 

However, Jihoon on the other hand was frozen in surprised when he saw Soonyoung. It’s not just the greetings but more than that. Soonyoung had an image changed. He dyed his hair black and Jihoon has to admit that he looks goddamn hot. Soonyoung often dyes his hair but his currently dyed black hair is the best so far. Jihoon can’t help but to stare in awe at the beautiful figure standing in front him. Why are you doing this to me, Kwon Soonyoung?

 

“Hello?” Soonyoung waved his hand in front of his face.

 

No response.

 

“Jihoon?”

 

No response.

 

“Woozi?”

 

The name finally knocked Jihoon some senses. He immediately looked away from Soonyoung. “I’m sorry!”

 

Before Jihoon could escape (as he attempts to take the stairs instead of taking the elevator), Soonyoung grabbed his hand beforehand.

 

“The elevator is here. Let’s go.” He said softly and just like a spell, Jihoon blindly followed Soonyoung without any objection. . I can’t control myself!!  

 

“Are you going to class?” Soonyoung started the conversation.  

 

Jihoon just nodded as a response. He’s looking anywhere other than Soonyoung but somehow it amused the taller.

 

PING. They finally reached the ground floor.

 

“Oh. Just for your extra information, I won’t be in front of the library today. I’m meeting a friend.” Soonyoung blurted out much to Jihoon’s dismay. But Jihoon acts indifferent and walked away as if he doesn’t give a damn about it. But he’s seriously taking that into account.

 

 

Jihoon can’t concentrate in the class today as he keeps thinking about where Soonyoung’s going.

 

“Jihoonie, are you going to the library today?” A voice snapped him to reality. He turned around and found his classmate, Jun smiled goofily.  

 

“Probably not.” He replied shortly.

 

“Good!!” Jun rejoiced. “Can you accompany me to meet someone? I pre-ordered Seventeen’s album from someone so we promised to meet later but you know me right? I’m too shy when meeting a stranger… Minghao is absent today so he can’t accompany me…” He fidgeted his fingers as well pouted cutely. Jun is the closest friend that Jihoon ever has. Even though they have different traits but that’s what makes them get along well.

 

Jihoon let out a sigh. “Fine. But it’s not free!”

 

“YAYYY!!!” Jun rejoiced as well clasped his hands together with Jihoon’s. “You are the best, Jihoonie! I will treat you for a lunch tomorrow!”

 

“You better do or I will make you regret.” Jihoon threatened.

 

“Yes~~”

 

 

The duo waits at the promised place, the park. But the said person was nowhere to be found there.  

 

“Are you sure it is not a scam?” Jihoon began to doubt after waiting around 10 minutes there.

 

“I don’t think so because I always buy the album with that person. Usually the album will be shipped directly to my house. Only this time that person asked me to collect it.”

 

Jihoon shrugged his shoulders. “Maybe he’s late—”

 

“MAKE A WAY!!!”

 

Jihoon’s sentence is left hanging when someone suddenly ran into him and caused him to stumble on the ground. He felt the burden on his body. As he slowly opening his eyes, a pair of eyes is lock on him. He knows those eyes very well.

 

“OH MY GOD! JIHOON!!” Jun’s voice made him snapped into reality. Realizing his position right now, he quickly shoved the person away. His face reddened in embarrassment when people start to gather around them.

 

“Jihoon, are you okay?” Jun flustered and quickly went to check him after seeing Jihoon all red.

 

“You really know where I’m going, huh? I’m impressed…” The guy blurted.

 

Jihoon swears he wants to jump into the nearby pond right now or else he will die in embarrassment here but Jun’s action halted him.

 

“Hey! Apologize to Jihoon first!” Jun yanked the guy’s collar. The crowds were dumbfounded with the sudden occasion and even Jihoon himself.

 

“Jun! W-Wait! I’m okay! You don’t have to do that!”

 

Jun is usually goofy and loves to joke around so seeing Jun went berserk is a rare sight for Jihoon. He never knows his friend could be this aggressive.  

 

Jun slowly released the grasp.

 

“Jun? Perhaps you are Wen Junhui?” Realizing the name, the guy quickly retorted.

 

“So what if I am?” Junhui responded, somewhat annoyed.

 

“Oh!! Your album is with me! I’m sorry for being late! I had to run from my workplace. Luckily, my friend lent me this skate but still I messed up…” He said sheepishly with a slight blush. “Anyway, this is your album!” He took out the album from the bag and handed in the album to Jun shortly.

 

“My album!” From aggressive, Jun quickly reverted to his normal self.

 

Jihoon rolled his eyes in disbelief and thus walked away, trying to escape from the reality he’s in right now.

 

“Jihoon? Where are you going?” Jun panicked seeing Jihoon left.

 

“Home. You have got your album, right?” Jihoon replied, indifferent.

 

“Wait, Jihoon! I will walk you home!” Jun exclaimed.

 

“No need. All this time I walk home alone, though. See you tomorrow, Jun.”

 

Jun let out a sigh. He knows Jihoon very well. If he says no, it means no. Nobody can oppose it. “Alright. See you tomorrow then. Take care…”

 

Jun turned to the guy after Jihoon disappeared from his sight. “Sorry about earlier. I thought you want to make fun of Jihoon.”

 

The guy shook his head. “It’s okay! I don’t mind! It’s my fault too~ hehe!” he said sheepishly. “I’m Kwon Soonyoung.” He extended his hand for a handshake. “Actually, I’m just helping out my friend to deliver the album. I’m not the one who pre-ordered it.”

 

“Wen Junhui but just call me Jun.” Jun shook his hand. “I see. Thanks by the way! You make my day!” He said, smiling.

 

“You are welcome!” Soonyoung beamed.

 

“Your name is quite familiar though but I don’t know where I heard it before.” Jun tilted his head, thinking where he heard the name previously.

 

Soonyoung curved into a smile and shrugged his shoulders simultaneously. “Who knows~”

 

 

Jihoon’s still thinking about his previous position with Soonyoung as he walks home. He still can’t get the memory off from him. The more he wants to get rid of it, the more it flashes on his mind.

 

“How can I face him now??” He screamed internally.

 

“Jihoon?”

 

A woman’s voice snapped Jihoon from his dreamland. He turned around and found a smiling woman, Soonyoung’s mom, with the plastic bags that seems heavy.  

 

“Auntie Kwon!”

 

“I don’t expect meeting you here! Are you just finished with your classes?” She asked as she made her way and walks side by side with Jihoon.

 

“Yes. Let me carry it.” Jihoon quickly took the plastic bag from her and carries it instead.

 

“Oh my. You are so kind… Your parents are lucky to have a son like you. I want Soonyoung and Chan to be like you too…” Her face suddenly changed from happy to somewhat sad.

 

“Is something wrong…?” Jihoon asked, concernedly.

 

“No. I’m just worried about my boys. Well, Chan is okay but Soonyoung… Recently, he always comes home late at night. I know he’s working extra hard to support us, especially when Chan is about to enrol college. But I don’t know what he’s doing to get the money. It worries me as his mother… I don’t want him to get involve with something unhealthy just for the money.” She confessed.

 

Jihoon softened into a smile. “Auntie Kwon. You don’t have to worry about Soonyoung. He knows what he’s doing. You just have to trust him like I do.” Unaware with the words he just uttered, he reassured her.

 

“You trust Soonyoung…?” She asked, sounded disbelief.

 

Jihoon flinched when he recalled what he just said previously. He swears he wants to punch himself on the face for saying that to his crush’s mom. But he already said that.  

 

She’s still anticipating his reply and that made him blushed even more. That’s that.  

 

“Y-Yes… I trust Soonyoung…” Jihoon can’t believe he confessed that to his crush’s mom. Oh God. He swears he just wants to lock himself inside the closet now.

 

She softened into a smile. “That’s the most reassuring thing I’ve ever heard from people. Thank you, Jihoon.” She ruffled his hair.

 

Jihoon just nodded slightly, still blushing. “You are welcome……”