Book Two: Chapter Nineteen: Aoi's Secrets Part 2/Megumi's Promise Part 1

Kaoru

Aren't you cocky? Lilith asked. I'd rather be cocky than spineless. Aoi replied. I wonder why he chose you of all beings? Lilith asked. His power is wielded by the soul of a man or woman who has felt like they have lost everything. In return giving them the means of revenge or vengeance. Aoi replied. You are the first to comprehend what his power. I commend you on doing your research. Lilith replied. I am really getting tired of you looking down on me. Aoi replied. You know you need to stop looking down on him my queen. Asmodeus replied. He comes from the royal Luxurian Family of the original Luxurians. Asmodeus replied. So he shares her abilities? Lilith asked. Can I ask you a question? Aoi asked. What would you like to ask of me? Lilith asked. Why is Kuroyuri after me? Aoi asked. Well, your raw destructive power you possess. My husband's power is like a boost in a sense. Lilith replied. I looked through the crack of the door and saw Lilith. She is so beautiful. Young lady, I have sensed you have eavesdropping. Lilith replied. Soon as she said that, I appeared before her. You child, are you related to my old friend, Hajime? Lilith asked. I never heard of her. I replied. I wouldn't be surprised, the child she left behind must be an adult now or a grandmother. Lilith replied. Wait you mean the fox that was cursed to have a child with a human as her punishment. You are right she is alive and among the living. Aoi replied. Do you know that child? I asked. I mean she has been here this whole time masking her presence. Aoi replied. I saw a woman come out a rift. It has been a while Lady Lilith. Megumi replied. Mom I never saw you have white ears, hair, and tail before. I replied. Well a certain festival is about to play out and let's say, a certain succubus queen knows something. Megumi replied. Why aren't sneaky like your mom. Lilith replied. You are saying that because I look just like her when she ensnared my dad thirty-nine years ago on this night. Megumi replied. Mom, what are you talking? I asked. Your mom is that daughter of an infamous fox who would seduce men transforming to her human form. They say she grew fond of a man but he was the son of the village priest. Aoi replied. Mom? I asked. Well Miki you have come for that promise you promise? Lilith asked.
What's Aoi thinking?
What is Megumi's past and her promise?
Stay Tuned.