01: The beginning

One body, two souls

"You stole the money didn't you!" A woman with strands of grey hair sticking out of her head accused. A petite young girl stood in front of her, tears pouring out of her eyes but she remained slient. Outside, thunder roared and raindrops began hitting through the opened windows, threatening to flood the small house. "Huh, you wouldn't even make up an excuse today?" The woman questioned again, her voice louder than the noise outside. She waited for a few seconds for a reply before adding, "No wonder your parents left you." The sentence stabbed right into the young girl's heart, before she knew it, she turned towards the door and ran out, not caring about the storm outside at all.

She ran wherever her legs took her and the next moment she knows, she found herself in the middle of a busy road. There were no pedestrian only busy passengers rushing home before the big storm hits them. She heard yellings and shoutings asking her to get off the road but her vision was blurred by the rain and the next moment, she felt an impact to her left hip followed by a piercing pain that spread throughout her whole body, screams and then pitch black. 

----------

After what feels like a day, she could feel senses in her body and someone wrapping their hands around hers. She tried to force her eyes open but the lights make her close it immediately. "She's awake, thank god!" She heard an unfamiliar woman voice exclaimed. *Aunt?* She thought, but it doesn't sound like her at all, this woman has a smoother and more gentle voice. 

She opened her eyes again, this time adjusting to the light better. Her eyesight was blurry but she could make out a woman and a man towering over her. *Who are they?* "Suji-ah, you are finally awake. Eomma was so scared something happened to you." The same voice cooed but her voice clearly unstable. *Eomma? I have no eomma and my name is not Suji...It's Eunhee.* 

Eunhee tried to sit up from the bed but her body was sore all over, she then recalled she was hit by a car while running away from her Aunt who accused she stole money. She tried her best to sit up from the bed and the unfamiliar woman tried to help her but she quickly dodged the woman's touch while the man just stood by the side of the bed, not speaking a word. The woman was shocked while the man had no expression, the room was then filled with slience.

"Who are you?" Eunhee broke the slience but soon cries filled the room. "Suji-ah, you don't remember us?" She cried out, she held onto the side frame of the bed for support. The unfamiliar man quickly went over to hold the woman, they seemed like a married couple. Just then, a male doctor accompanied by two nurse came in but before they could do anything, the woman rushed over to the doctor and grabbed his collar desperately, "Doctor, what is wrong with our Suji? She don't remember us!" 

The doctor tried to calm the woman down but she kept crying, after a few failed attempts, the doctor finally get to explained: "As she sufferred a great impact to the side of the head, it is very common of her to lose some parts of her memories. She might be able to recover her memories or not at all. What we suggest you to do now is to show her some pictures or places to regain her memories. Other than this, her health is perfectly fine just a few bruise." 

The doctor was about to leave but the man stopped him, "How about the girl that Suji knocked down?" He sounded very concerned. "Right now she is in a coma, we will still have to monitor her for a while." With that the doctor and the nurses exited the room. *Why are these people so weird. First they called me Suji then said I knocked down someone. I am clearly the one that got knocked down.*

Seeing the woman in an unstable condition, the man finally spoke: "Suji, it is getting late so me and your eomma will leave first. Get plenty of rest, we will come again tommorow." He held the woman and left the room. After they left, Eunhee spotted a phone at the bedside table. *I better let Aunt know that I am fine.* She grabbed the phone and dialed in her Aunt's number but her ringtone was heard outside of the room. *Hmmm? She is here?* 

Eunhee ended the call and decided to wait until her Aunt come into the room however she waited for 5 minutes but her Aunt was still not here. *What is taking her so long?* She decided to go out and check on her Aunt, slowly and carefully she shuffled out her bed and make her way out of the room. However she saw her Aunt in the room across hers. *Did she enter the wrong room?*

Curious, she peeked through the transparent part of the opposite room door but what caught her attention was the one lying on the bed and a screamed escaped . Her eyes widened and her hands covered in order to hide her shock. *Isn't that me? Why am I there? Then who am I?* Shocked, she ran back into her room and looked at herself in the mirror. 

'I am Ha Eunhee but who is this girl I am seeing in the mirror?'