Stars and Love

Following Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol looked through the hundreds of beverages offered by his local convenience store. He rubbed his chin, thinking really hard on what type of drink he wants to drown himself into.

 

The giant just got dumped by his girlfriend of three months. It wasn’t a big deal for him, really. He didn’t have feelings for the girl, but she was so head over heels for him that he just couldn’t reject her. She did all the work in their relationship, always initiating conversations, kisses, hugs, etc. Chanyeol just lets her do whatever she wants and he’s not going to lie, he loved her company, mostly when she makes food for him or whenever she buys him coffee whenever he feels sleepy and tired. That’s probably why he feels a little down, but not too sad that he will cry over her. She wasn’t the right one anyways and he knows that.

 

Chanyeol lets out a deep sigh and scratched the back of his head. The boy ended up just buying water after looking around for ten minutes. The cashier looked at him like he was some kind of weirdo, but Chanyeol dismissed it. Too tired to start a verbal fight over a drink. He exits the store and the cold, night wind hits his face. Good thing he remembered to bundle himself up with a thick sweater and a fluffy scarf around his neck.

 

He walks down the empty streets, his slow footsteps and the sound of the grasshoppers cricketing was the only sound that filled the night. He popped open the bottle and tilted his head to take a sip of his water. His eyes widened in amazement as he saw how the stars shined brighter tonight. He closed the water bottle,  not wanting it to spill as he tilts his head up even further to get a better view at the night sky. Chanyeol’s brow furrowed when he saw those twinkling stars that created a pattern, just like a line. He suddenly remembered what his mother told him when he was just a growing teenager.

 

“Yeol-ah? What do you want for your birthday?” Chanyeol’s mother asked with her smooth and soothing voice as she cooks fried rice for dinner.

 

“Anything? I don’t know, mom.” He answered, his eyes still fixated on the game he’s playing. He didn’t notice how her mother's lips curved into a soft smile.

 

“You don’t even know what you want?” She turns off the stove and sits next to her boy. Chanyeol just shrugged his shoulders. “How about this? Tonight, look out at the stars. If you see a pattern, follow it.”

 

“And why would I do that?” He finally looked up to his mother and noticed her smile.

 

“It will lead you to your greatest desires and happiness.”

 

Chanyeol looked at her with wide eyes and started laughing hysterically. “Mom, I think you’re talking about a rainbow. You know? How at the end of the rainbow you’ll get a pot of gold. Now that’s what I want!” He said cheerfully, gaining a smack on his forehead.

 

Even when Chanyeol didn’t believe what his mother said, he still looked at the sky that night, but saw no stars shining brightly. Rather, the dark sky was covered in grey clouds and Chanyeol was definitely disappointed, but not surprised.

 

His feet started moving on it’s own, following the scattered moondust in the night sky. He would glance down at times to see if he was near from danger, but mostly his head would be looking up.

 

He stopped on his tracks when he thinks it was enough, and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter