Pillow Talk

Pillow Talk

It's pretty late at night, around 3 in the morning. Most people are still deep in slumber yet the petite guy under the blanket still stay awake. He looks at another man sleeping soundly next to him. The very guy whom he never thought will lay beside him. His eyes capture every part of the man's face as if he tries to memorize every line and wrinkle. His thick eyebrows, his pointed nose, his thin lips, oh, and we can't leave his dimples. Well, it's hard to spot his dimples when he's sleeping, but whenever he laughs, that dimples will show.

"You're not going to sleep?"

Suddenly, the man he's been looking at opens his eyes.

"...or you want another round?"

His remarks makes the petite guy blushes instantly.

The man chuckles. The way his husband blush is what makes him fall for the guy. Yes, the two man under the blanket are married - have just married, to be exact

“What are you thinking about, heum?” asked Siwon while Yesung’s hair softly. They’re lying face to face, so close that they can feel each other’s breath.

“It just still feels like a dream. You know, being with you.” Yesung bites his lower lip but then Siwon puts his finger on Yesung’s lip. The petite guy then hold Siwon’s hand, continuing his sentence.

“…… Things happen so fast, and without I realize it, here I am, being with you… and we’re married.”

“It’s not that fast, you know. Well, at least for me. You have no idea how long I’ve like you, right?”

Yesung looks at Siwon in disbelief. “I thought, I like you first.”

Siwon shrugs, “I don’t think so. Remember the first day you work?”

Yesung moves his eyes a little bit as he recalls his first day in his former company. “I… eum.. bumped into you and your coffee spilled on your pants.” The petite guy now starts blushing. No matter how long it has passed, Yesung still feels that moment is too embarrassing.

“Yes, and then you wiped my pants without realizing that you’re that close touching my crotch.”

“Oh my god.” Yesung covers his face with his two small hands.

“I love the way you blush, and that was the day when I started noticing you.”

“Isn’t that too fast?” Yesung blinks cutely and leaves Siwon wondering how someone could be that cute even by doing a small gesture as blinking.

“I start noticing you, I said. I pay attention to you more than other colleagues, reading your report more carefully than others. I spotted you easily whenever we’re in the same room. That’s when I realize you have attracted me more than I’m intending to.”

“But you always seem so cold around me. I mean, at first, you’re being kind to me but then out of sudden you changed. It’s like you keep distance with me.” Yesung pout.

“Aaah… that one… I’m really sorry for that.”

.

.

Yesung and Siwon used to work in the same company. Yesung worked in CSR division while Siwon was in Legal team. Siwon had always paid attention to whatever Yesung did in the office. He would spend more time to look at the petite guy whenever they had meeting or company gathering. Siwon would sometimes try to have some talk with Yesung, sharing one story or two about their works.

But as the time goes, Siwon started to keep some distance to Yesung. He felt that Siwon tried to avoid him. Even during the company gathering or dinner, Siwon would sit far from Yesung and had little to no chat with Yesung.

Two years ago, after working in the company for almost for three years, Yesung decided to resign. His mother had and needed to be hospitalized. Being the oldest of two siblings, Yesung decided to return to his hometown in Cheonan so that he could take care his mother. On the last day of working, friends and colleagues bid goodbye to Yesung, some even gave him farewell gifts. But Siwon was nowhere to be seen.

“He was in business trip.” One of Legal team informed Yesung.

So then, he returned to Cheonan.

To his surprise, a week after he was back home, Yesung got an e-mail from Siwon. The guy said that he was sorry for not seeing Yesung on his last day. He also wished Yesung a better life in Cheonan. Weeks after, Yesung found himself exchanging e-mail with Siwon almost regularly. Then, it turned into text message and phone calls.

Yesung always knew that Siwon was a smart guy. He never failed to mesmerized Yesung, and many other employees, whenever the said guy deliver a presentation. But Yesung had no idea that Siwon could be funny, too. He could do some silly things during their video call or tell some funny stories when Yesung felt down due to his mother condition. Siwon was also a very attentive listener whenever Yesung felt frustrated about his mother’s post- therapy.

 

One night in spring, Siwon called Yesung saying he was in Cheonan. As if hearing Siwon in Cheonan was not surprising enough for Yesung, the guy even said he was already right in front of Yesung’s house. The petite guy literally ran to the front door. He forgot how to breath as he saw the tall and muscular man standing in their house yard, smiling sweetly while waving his hand.

For couple seconds, Yesung just stood there without knowing how to say a word. Hell, he couldn’t even think of anything. Of why Siwon came to his house, unannounced. Of why the man looked so handsome that night, or was he always that handsome. No. Siwon was handsome but tonight he looked perfect.

“Hi.” That sound he was so used to listen via phone, sounded a lot ier now that the man was standing right in front of him.

 

Twenty minutes later, Yesung and Siwon sat face to face in a café near Yesung’s house. Yesung still couldn’t believe that the man who was sipping a glass of coffee in front of him right now was really Siwon.

“Sorry for coming here without telling you.” Siwon smiled apologetically.

“What are you doing here?” Yesung finally asked.

“To visit you, and to meet your parents.”

Yesung frowned. “My parents?” Siwon nodded.

“Why?”

“That question will be answered once you answered me, first.”

Yesung scratched his head. He tried to not expecting anything right now, thought it was quite hard. They had talked a lot these last few months and it’s hard to deny that there was something between them. Yet, none of both had ever brought up the discussion about what was actually going on between them. They had shared many things but never about their feelings towards each other.

“I’ve been paying attention to you for a quite long time.” Now Siwon put a serious face. He looked at Yesung calmly.

“I tried to make a move to get closer to you,” Siwon continued. Realization started hitting Yesung. All those small talks and greetings. Siwon must be talking about that.

“Yeah, but then you must also realize that at some point I started acting cold and all.”

Yesung shrugged. “I notice that but I don’t know what to do. It’s not like we’re a very close friends before. So, I can’t ask you about it,” replied Yesung.

“I’m sorry for that. It’s just….” Siwon moved his body a little bit. He bit his lips while looking at somewhere else. He tried to arrange his sentences and made sure that Yesung wouldn’t misunderstand him.

“I somehow found it was uncomfortable to talk to you when everyone else was looking at us, saying things about us. I just didn’t like it, being under everyone’s spotlight. I should say, I like it when people say we looked good together but at some point they’re doing it too much.”

Yesung nodded. Well, yeah, their co-workers used to talk about them or making a joke about them being together and such whenever Siwon and Yesung talked. It was indeed embarrassing and quite uncomfortable.

“But now that you have resigned from the company, I can talk to you as long as I want. No one will make a joke about us.”

Yesung took a sip of his Ice Americano. “Is this… Is this a confession?” asked Yesung. Both of his cheeks now turned red.

Siwon looked at Yesung deeply. “Yes. This is a confession.”

Things run pretty fast. Siwon met Yesung’s parents at the same day the said guy confessed. They continue having long distance relationship as Yesung started working in Cheonan and Siwon still worked in Seoul. Ten months later, as the condition of Yesung’s mother was better, Siwon finally proposed Yesung. After a short and quick preparation, the couple had their marriage in Cheonan.

.

.

“If I hadn’t resign from the company, and we’re still working in the same place. Will you keep avoiding me?” asked Yesung.

Siwon takes a deep breath. He looked at Yesung for a quite long time. “Honestly, I don’t know. Maybe, after some time I will have all the courage to talk to you, ignoring whatever our friends talking about.”

“You’re so lucky that I didn’t have any relationship with any guy back then.”

Siwon shrugs. “I guess it’s pretty clear since the very beginning that we’re meant to be together.”

Yesung laughs. “Tsk… You’re one weird guy.”

Siwon smiles smugly. “I’m handsome, tall, smart, and a very gentleman-like. There should be something I am short of, right? Otherwise I’m gonna be too perfect.”

Yesung chuckles. “Show off.”

“Thank you, and I love you, too.” Siwon pecks Yesung lips and then pull the petite guy into his embrace.