Chapter 22

Legend of the Butterfly Pavilion

[Yewon's pov]

I woke up again as Lady Kim was sleeping on her knees beside me. I tried to get up on my own as Lady Kim felt me shift and opened her eyes.

"Your Highness!"

She immediately assisted me as I sat up.

"Help me do my hair..." I muttered.

"Your Highness, where do you intend to go?"

"To see Her Highness, the Queen Mother."

Lady Kim frowned, "But your body..."

I smiled, "Great-grandmother will help me... as long as I ask she will help me. I have to do this for for Yeon, even if I'm weak."

Lady Kim hesitated but nods as she help dress me and do my hair. We stepped out after I put on a white phoenix hanbok with a red dress pairing it, at the entrance I put on my shoes before the door opens.

"Your Highness." Yeebin bows as the other retinues followed.

I nod and then stepped down of the pavilion main doors and towards the main gates where the butterflies followed me as I walked. I looked at the butterflies and then smiled before walking with Lady Kim and Yeebin leading the retinues behind me. I slowly walked to my great-grandmother's pavilion, the Queen Mother Wei as her retinue Lady Sobong greeted me.

"Your Highness." Lady Sobong bowed.

"Lady Sobong, could you request an audience with the Queen Mother for me?"

Lady Sobong nods and then moved back before turning to enter the pavilion. She went in for a while and came out again, stepping down before me.

"Your Highness, Her Highness is waiting for you."

I nod, "Thank you Lady Sobong."

Lady Sobong moves aside, creating a path for me as the Queen Mother's retinues bowed when I entered. I removed my shoes after the door of the pavilion closed behind me. I stepped up a platform and moved into the chambers where Great-grandmother Wei sat.

"Your Highness." I kneeled before her and bowed.

"Yewon, get up and take a seat."

I rise up slowly and bowed.

"So, what is it?" She looks up from her book.

I looked at her, "Great-grandma... could you please help me protect Yeon?"

"Protect? He is well-protected within the walls of the Palace, where does the word protect come from?" She glances at me.

"Great-grandma, you've just came back from praying at the mountains... but you are not aware of the recent addition of Consort Jieun. She has served His Majesty for the past months and no other consorts have been asked to His Majesty's service since. Great-grandma, I'm afraid if anything happens... she might do something to harm Yeon. She has already harmed Ilmin and if she is pregnant, the next one would be Yeon."

Great-grandmother slammed the table in fury, "How dare she- I knew she wasn't a kind one when she harmed Seungwan and now-"

"Seungwan...?"

"She was the courtlady who set Yeon's pavilion on fire and attempted to harm Ilmin."

I frowned, "Great-grandmother, I am not sure what it is but whenever the King is with Jieun... nothing else matters. I'm afraid at this rate, the entire inner harem will be in danger. It's all my fault, Your Highness."

"Yewon, it isn't. I was also careless to let her join too, it seems like you're right."

"Great-grandmother.... I will be leaving the palace in a few days. Before that, I hope you can bring Yeon into your care."

"What about Ilmin?"

I smiled, "Sister Yerin has a secret entry in her own palace, Ilmin will be there with Taemin and Taebi."

Great-Grandmother glances at me, "Taemin and Taebi?"

"Taemin is Yerin's child and Taebi is the daughter of Taehyung's secondary consort."

Great-grandmother thinks, "Are you sure... she can?"

I smile, "Great-grandmother, Taemin and Taebi are smarter than you think. Taemin and Taebi also know basic martial arts skills and basic medical skills that Yerin and Taehyung taught them. Also, the two secondary consorts are great allies here to help us. Their servants also know how to protect themselves."

Great-grandmother smiles, "She indeed taught her children well."

I nod and smile.


[Taemin's pov]

I'm currently walking around the palace with my eunuch, Jung An along with my half-sister Taebi and her servant, Kayo.

"Brother Taemin... what are we looking for?"

I whispered into Taebi's ears, "We need to help mother find more evidence that Lady Jieun was involved in framing the Queen..."

"But... didn't mother find some already?"

"She did the poisoning in the rush, she will surely expose some leads."

We walked to the laundry area and saw some clothes lying.

"These are..."

Jung An turned to me, "Young Master, Lady Jieun was wearing the dress yesterday."

Taebi looks around and smiles, "Right!"

She grabbed some fabric and then made an exact copy of the dress and then swapped it out with the original dress.

"You're a genius!"

Just then we heard footsteps and turned around, "Kayo and Jung An, stay here and pretend we were playing hide and seek."

Taebi flew over the walls back to our palace with the dress while I pretend to be playing as Lady Jieun approached.

"Hey sweetie, what are you doing here?"

I smiled innnocently, "I'm playing hide and seek with Taebi."

Kayo shouts, "Young Master! Where are you?"

I turned and ran off, "Can't speak for long, gotta go!"

She nods, "Be careful."

I smile and bow before running off. I caught up with Kayo and Jung An as they pretend to catch me while we laughed. From the corner of my eye, I could see Lady Jieun's servant looking at us and I smirked as the shadow disappeared.

"Let's go."

I lead the two of them back to the palace as I caught up with Taebi in my room.

"Brother... where should we hide this?"

I smile as I approach the bookcase and move a book out as the shelf moved and opened to reveal a dark underground. That room is my mother's secret underground room where all the secrets of every nobles and royalties were hidden. All within control of the Flower Cloud Pavilion, a secret organisation which has a front of a clothing store in the capital of Joseon. The servants within the Kimgiya clan are all part of the Pavilion and my mother is the current owner of the organisation with a jade butterfly pendant showing her identity. The Flower Cloud Pavilion is also available in the Great Qing, with a right over the Flower and Cloud soldiers.

"Brother, let's go?"

I nod as I step in first followed by Taebi. We walked down the dark-lit stairs and came to a place where many shelves were at as I saw my mother there with her servant, Eunha.

"Mother!"

"Taemin? Taebi?"

Mother stands up and smiles before she noticed the dress, "This is-"

Taebi stepped forward and bends her knees, "Mother Yerin... We were at the laundry section and saw the dress Lady Jieun wore and thought it would be good as evidence."

She smiles, "You kids are really cheeky and brave..." She carrasses our head, "Did you get caught?"

I shook my head, "Kayo and Jung An helped a lot."

She smiles, "Alright... thank you then."

Mother turns to Eunha and nods as Eunha bends her knees before taking the dress and placing it on a table, testing for any traces of poison.

"Madam, there is traces of the same poison." Eunha shows a needle.

Mother frowns and turns to Taebi, "Come here child."

She immediately presses accupunture points as Taebi sits in front of mother with her eyes closed and legs crossed, just like mother. Mother waves her hands and opens up her stored energy as she gives some energy to Taebi with winds blowing, before she stops and crossed her arms, bringing her hands down as the winds stop. Taebi opens her eyes slowly.

"Taebi, are you better now?"

Taebi nods, "Alright... both of you go and play with Ilmin and Yeon."

We nod and then run off.


[Yerin's pov]

I sigh as I take a seat again at the table in the secret room only Soonyoung, Sana and I know, along with our children and Taehyung. Eunha glanced at me.

"Madam, what is it?"

"Those kids, are really not afraid of death..."

Eunha smiles, "They love Lady Yewon and know her importance to you."

I nod as I glance into the dark, "You're here?"

A man dressed in all black and wore a cloth to cover the features of his face except his eyes, the man also carried a sword on his back. The man did a flip before lowering himself on a knee before me.

"Madam."

I nod as he stood up.

"Did you find anything?"

He nod, "Madam, Lady Jieun's room has something off. There is a hidden room she enters behind her bed, seems like a place of ritual of sort."

I place my brush down on the inkpad, "Follow her and report any findings. Also, get your men to watch over Yeon. Remember, this is not anything to joke about. This is an order."

"Yes, Madam." The man cups his hand and bows before he disappears again.