The present

My happy ending

 

The present

            The sun shines brightly as it brings hope to every creature here on Earth. A new day means a new life. A new life means to start new, forget the past and look straight ahead for a brighter future.

             Yoona was awaked by the sunlight that passes through the slightly opened curtain of their windows. She blinked once again to let her eyes adjust to the light. She smiled as she looked at the handsome man sleeping next to her, her husband Lee Donghae. He is sleeping soundly while hugging her. She touched his face and she thanked God for letting her found him. Even though she did not end up with Siwon, she’s grateful that someone promise to love and take care of her. She’s happy to spend eternity with Donghae. At the time she was still with Siwon, she thought that he’s the one, who she will spend the eternity with. But now, all that she thinks of is that Siwon maybe her first love but he is just the past now and Donghae is the present and that is all that matters. She gives him a peck on lips and gently removes his hand to her waist, making sure not to wake him up. She fixed her hair into a messy bun and wears Donghae’s white polo shirt. She picks up the scattered clothes on the floor and placed it on the laundry. Her attention was suddenly directed to the huge wedding picture of her and Donghae that is hanging in the wall of their room. Yesterday was indeed the happiest event of her life, her wedding itself was spectacular. She did not expect that she will be surprised on the wedding day because of Siwon. The reception was also great, her friends and families keep on greeting them and they all enjoyed the program and the food. She was happy to know that her best friends Yuri and Seohyun were also engaged to their boyfriends Yesung and Kyuhyun. After the reception, the couple headed to their new house that they bought few months before their wedding and there they experienced the pleasure that they never experience before. She walked out of the room and headed to the kitchen to prepare breakfast for them. After few minutes, she suddenly started as she felt strong arms embrace her slim body from the back.  She felt butterflies dancing on her tummy as she smiled and looked at him, Donghae as he placed his chin on her shoulder. She chuckled when she heard Donghae’s stomach started to growled. The couple happily enjoyed their breakfast that morning. After their breakfast, the couple decided to enjoy their honeymoon by spending their time together-- staying at home: fixing their things for their new house and after that, enjoying the romantic comedy movie while they are cuddling.

             Few days passed, and it’s time for them to go back to work. Everyday seems to be fun and exciting for them because they know that each day that they will wake up in the morning, they will see their spouse lying next to him / her. Every morning, Donghae never fails to show his love to Yoona. He will always kiss her the moment he wakes up, hugs her from the back and saying to her how much he loves her and how lucky he was to be her husband. She knows that he’s telling the truth when he says that he loves her because he can see it in his eyes. His eyes always speak out to what Donghae is feeling. Yoona is overwhelmed by these actions of Donghae and she reciprocates these actions of his by doing the same. She will also kiss him back, hugs him back and telling him how much lucky she was to found Donghae. But she never told him that she loves him. Yeah, she was sure that she already moved on from Siwon, after all she knows that he is a priest and he’s happy to be, but she did not like saying I love you to him. She believes that actions speaks louder than words, and it’s already enough to show him how much she loves him. Besides, he did not demand her or ask her to say I love you to him. She knows that Donghae trust her so much and love her so much and she also felt the same.

           It doesn’t matter to Donghae whether Yoona say I love you to him, what matters to him is that she always shows her affection to him. He was used to it, ever since they were not yet married, Yoona did not tell him the words I love you, but he was glad that she always show to him her care and love. But he started to doubt her love when one time he accidentally heard her brother in law Leeteuk and his friend Shindong’s conversation. His brother in laws words where still lingering on his mind.

          “Hyung by the way, please tell Yoong that I’m truly sorry for not coming to her wedding. You know my work. And please tell her congratulations”Shindong said. They were waiting for Donghae to come since Leeteuk wants to spend time with him and introduce his friend.

          “Don’t worry, I will tell that to her. You know that Yoong will understand that. But you missed the most shocking twist in her wedding.”Leeeuk nonchalantly said while Shindong suddenly looks up to his hyung. They did not notice that Donghae was standing few inches away to them. Donghae accidentally heard his hyung’s words which made him curious and decided to listen to their conversation.

        “What is it hyung?”Shindong asked. Leeteuk took a deep breath before he answered his dongsaeng.

        “Siwon was the one who officiate the wedding ceremony of Yoong and Donghae” Leeteuk replied before he sips his cup of coffee while Shindong widen his eyes.

        “You mean Siwon, as in Siwon, hyung? So he did become priest after all” Shindong said, still shock at Leeteuk’s words.

         “Yes, it’s Siwon indeed. Yoong’s ex- boyfriend. The one that she loves bef...”Leeteuk was suddenly cut off when Donghae greeted them with a grin on his face. Leeteuk and Shindong were shocked by his sudden appearance and inquired Donghae if he heard their conversation. Donghae lied to them and asked them about their conversation. Leeteuk decided to change the topic and they proceeded to their brotherly bonding time.

         “Yes, it’s Siwon indeed. Yoong’s ex- boyfriend. The one that she loves bef...”It was the words that haunt him to his dreams. Donghae knows that it was useless to be jealous to Siwon since he was already a priest but still, he felt unsatisfied. After all, it was Siwon who Yoona waited for almost eight ten years if he will include the years that she spend with Donghae.

           Donghae greets Yoona a good morning while she was preparing their breakfast. His chin was placed on her shoulder and looked at the meal she was preparing. She turned around and looked at him. She fixes his tie and smile at him. Yoona was startled when Donghae suddenly hugged her and said I love you. Although she knows that she should be used to it, she felt that something is wrong to him. He seems to be acting strange lately, it seems that he’s thinking of something but doesn’t want to share it to her. And lately, he comes home late and she felt that he’s avoiding her gazes but he still manage to do his sweet actions to her but it became less than the first day after their marriage. She shook her head to erase her thoughts and she hugs him back.

           Yoona was walking down the streets one Saturday evening. She decided to stop by at the near cake shop to buy Donghae’s favourite chocolate cake. She wants to surprise him because she wants to surprise him on his birthday. As she was walking out of said shop, her eyes suddenly landed on the coffee shop next to the cake shop. She saw him, Donghae with Jessica their wedding planner and Donghae’s ex-girlfriend. She knows Jessica and she is one of her friends. She also knows about their past and she doesn’t have any problems of it since she trust him so much. She knows that their break up was mutual and decided to become friends. Although it makes Donghae awkward at first, Yoona decided to hire Jessica as their wedding planner since she knows Jessica’s ability in organizing big events such as weddings. She saw him hold Jessica’s hands and Jessica flashed him her most beautiful smile. Yoona placed her hands on her chest as she felt pain on it and looked away from them. She decided to go home and prepare her surprise to him.

          Donghae came home at exactly ten in the evening. He was confused when he saw that the lights of their house were turned off. He opened the door and stepped inside going to the living room. He smiled when he heard Yoona sings to him happy birthday and see her coming with a cake on hands that was lighted with candles on top of it. She stops singing and asks him to make a wish and blow the candles. Donghae closed his eyes and blow the candles. He grabs the cake from her and placed it on the nearest table that he seen. Donghae thanked his wife for surprising him, but he was suddenly surprised when Yoona hugs him first. He grins and hugs her back. He was the first one to break the hug to look at Yoona’s eyes. Her eyes that he loves the most about her. He saw her eyes shines like the stars in the sky as she looked at him. She flashed him her most beautiful smile and greeted him again. He kissed her forehead and says I love you to her. Tears started to roll down on her cheeks which made Donghae surprised and he wipe it as he asked her if she’s alright. Yoona shook her head and assure him that she just so happy to be with him. Donghae hugs her once more and kiss her passionately. Soon, due to lack of air, Yoona was the first one to break the kiss and hugs him back as she whispered to his ear the words that he only wished to hear from her.

                         “I love you so much Lee Donghae”

 

To be continue...