Adding Pictures to Chapters

AFF Quick Tutorials

How to Add Pictures to Chapters


This tutorial is viewable through desktop; Not mobile-friendly.

 


 

Step 1:
Go to Edit Chapter.
Click the image button, located between Spell Checker (ABC button) and the Table button. A box will pop up with unfilled boxes.
You will need a URL for your graphic.

NOTE: The image button on mobile is left of the bold button. The screenshot below is for desktop.

 


 

Step 2:
Copy your desired graphic link.
(To my knowledge and experience) AFF accepts URLs from Tumblr, imgur, and of course the AFF gallery.
Your URL has to have an image extension at the end of the link as shown below. (Example: .jpg, .png, .gif)

 


 

Step 3:
Paste the link in the URL box and press OK.

Tip: I recommend setting the image height and width to fit right than using the default size of the original picture so that all of your pictures are uniformed in size. For a mobile-friendly size, I use 300 for the height, the width will change automatically. You can always play around with the sizes, though. That's just my default preference.
These screenshots have a width of 1000 for desktop view.

 


 

Tip: This also works to place images between your text and not just at the beginning of your Story. Example shown below.

 

Tip 2: You can move the image like text, Left, Center, or RIght. Above shows it on the Left while the first screenshot at the top of this tutorial has it centered.


You're done! Here are just a few technicalities and problems you may face if you have these things.

This is different from the Chapter Image. Adding a picture (or pictures) to the chapter like this tutorial will appear below the Chapter Image, if you have a Chapter Image already OR a Story Cover.

If you checked to automatically have your Story Cover on every chapter, that will always appear at the start of every chapter.

This method allows you to add multiple images throughout your story, instead of just one at the top like Chapter Image.


Hope that helps? >~<
Let me know if you would like a more detailed step by step process that also shows how I get the URL of pictures or if you would like me to explain Chapter Images or Story Covers appearing at the top of each chapter, above all texts. I can also make a tutorial on how to do this on mobile, but I do not recommend it as in personal experience the AFF app lags during this process.

  • If you would like to skip all of this and not edit the image yourself, paste your URL under Chapter Image. Your picture will automatically be centered and appear above all of your text.


I'm sorry, I'm new to this but I hope the quick rundown helps!