Transferee's Luck

Transferee's Luck
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyungsoo is well-known in their whole university, not because he’s a smart or he sings well but because he rejects every single one of his admirers. In his defense, he already had too much to handle. He doesn’t want to subject himself in something that may give him additional emotional stress.

Of course, his best friend, Byun Baekhyun says otherwise. He regularly scolds Kyungsoo about his habit of not trusting people and it was more than a fact. Kyungsoo just can’t see himself socializing with people after all the he’s gone through in HS. Baekhyun was enough for him, he’s a constant and he knows that the older won’t leave him.

They’ve always had the same subjects but this term, Kyungsoo decided to take different subjects from Baekhyun. Senior year and he can’t wait to graduate and start med school, he just wants to drown himself with medical terms and just be a doctor to earn more money.

He’s lucky to have Baekhyun because without his best friend, he would’ve given up on things, far greater things that give him happiness nowadays.

It’s another day for Kyungsoo, another start of the semester when everyone looks as he walks through the hallway. People whispering about how he’s such a heartbreaker and a cold hearted bastard.

He doesn’t admire how bright the hallway was filled but it’s for the incoming new students, freshmen and transferees. They do this every semester not every year, it’s almost too cheesy but Baekhyun says it’s sweet.

Kyungsoo tosses his new books inside his locker, grabbing only what he needs and stuffs it inside his bag before closing the blue locker. He didn’t notice the other student standing close to him, his locker was two spaces from him. He got surprised by the loud bang that he flinched.

Normally, Kyungsoo would ignore people but the poor soul close to him couldn’t even open his locker. He’s a whimpering shy mess and well Kyungsoo’s weak to seeing helpless animals and this student looks like a lost bear cub, dressed in a brown oversized hoodie and fitted black pants.

Kyungsoo closed the distance and slammed the side of his fist on the lower corner of the man’s locker making the man jump backwards and the locker door open. “I had that locker last term, it just needs tough love” Kyungsoo says quietly before walking away.

 

“Heard you hit a man early in the morning. What? Did he ask you to marry him this time?” Baekhyun teases as soon as they met to go to the cafeteria.

Kyungsoo’s unbothered by everything, he’s quiet and he just wants to stay alone but those people, his schoolmates think that he’s just shy and cute and whatever adjective cute is synonymous with. He’s not even doing anything to attract attention but here they are, walking towards him as if he has something to give.

“I didn’t hit a man, Baek. I helped him with his locker” he points out as they sit on their usual spot.

Before Baekhyun could even say anything a music major senior walks straight to their table with a wide grin. “Kyung—“

“No. Baekhyun’s single, he likes you too. Go date and have puppies” Kyungsoo deadpans

Baekhyun has been hiding his crush since their first year and honestly, Kyungsoo thinks that it’s useless when the giant always glances at Baekhyun. Chanyeol keeps on asking him out but he knows that the only reason why the taller is doing that is to become closer to Baekhyun.

“Doh Kyungsoo!” Baekhyun shouts and the people around the cafeteria stares at them, he was already blushing furiously and Chanyeol is staring at him, grinning like a puppy.

 

--

 

Jongin flinched for the hundredth time today when he heard a loud voice echo around the cafeteria, silencing all the voices. He’s sitting alone in the table, being a transferee and a Junior at that doesn’t instantly give you friends. He turns to the voice and found the seniors sitting at the table by the window.

He sees the man who helped him earlier after giving him a heart attack for shocking him with his poor locker. He probably heard every gossip there is to hear about the man with short cropped hair, brown eyes and heart shaped lips and wears eye glasses, black clothes and earphones to drown the noise out.

Sitting across him from the table is a slender framed man, pink hair and eyes that looks so bright. He honestly looks like a puppy just like the tall man standing near their table. If Jongin had to guess where the voice came from, he’d point at the smaller puppy because he already heard the other man spoke and he had a deep, cold voice.

He jolts from his seat when someone placed a tray above the table. He sees another lean man, with broad shoulders, about his height and his hair bright orange. “Oh, I lost a bet, had to dye my hair. I’m Sehun, a junior” the guy introduces quietly before taking a seat

The man looks too good even though he’s only dressed in washed out jeans, a plain white shirt and a leather jacket.

The thing about Jongin is that he’s shy, he can’t hold a decent conversation without wanting the ground to heat him up but of course that’s another different story when he’s dancing because as soon as he steps on the dance floor, dance studio or the stage, he becomes brazen, confident and wild.

“If you’re looking at our Doh Kyungsoo, you better just cry yourself to sleep because that cute man won’t budge. Chanyeol there has been courting him since the beginning of time but Kyungsoo keeps on rejecting him. He never accepts anyone, girl or boy, bi or gay. He’s just…indifferent” the man, Sehun says.

Jongin doesn’t know why but he felt comfortable so he answers the man. “Maybe he’s in a relationship” Jongin says quietly before eating his food.

Sehun chuckles and shakes his head in amusement. “Oh no. Byun Baekhyun? No. That man is actually the opposite of Kyungsoo, he’s loud, friendly and he smiles 24/7. He’s Kyungsoo’s best friend, the only one who can get close to Kyungsoo” he explains

“Ah” Jongin mumbles

“I heard though that Kyungsoo said yes to someone” Sehun pipes up

Jongin honestly doesn’t know why this man is telling him this. Yes, he might be crushing on the senior because he helped him out earlier but he’s not interested to rumors.

“A six year old” Sehun adds

That caught Jongin’s attention because why the hell would the great heart breaker say yes to a kid. “I personally saw them in a café, they were sharing a cake and a drink. It was weird and cute at the same time”

“It’s probably his brother” Jongin frowns at the idea of his savior being thought as a e or a ert.

“Uh no. Kyungsoo has one older brother. His parents are still together and as far as I know he doesn’t have a younger brother. Just watch, the kid comes every now and then to school” Sehun says lightly

Jongin’s gaze moves back to the table where the seniors are sitting and to his disappointment, the only people there were the puppy-looking seniors.

 

 

Jongin was so wrong when he said that this crush would go away soon because as the days and weeks pass, he sees how beautiful the senior is. People probably don’t notice but Kyungsoo helps people a lot, subtly but he helps out and he also has a very nice voice. Jongin usually practices with the dance club but every time he passes by the music department, he hears a soothing voice at the very last room at the end of the hallway.

By some chance, he left dance training early and saw a certain Doh Kyungsoo exiting the room. The senior was a psychology and bio chemistry major that’s why Jongin was confused to see him in that department.

“Jongin! Come here!” Sehun shouts from the doorway.

After 3 weeks, Jongin doesn’t find it weird that Sehun hangs out with him because the latter said Jongin looked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter