They Know, Euijin.

The Heart's Desire (Lee Euijin (Unit B+) x OC)

     "Lee Euijin, do you take Kim Katori to be your lawfully wedded wife?"
     "I...I do. Of course I do."
     "Kim Katori, do you take Lee Euijin to be your lawfully wedded husband?"
     "I do..."
     "Throughout this ceremony, bride and groom have vowed, in our presence, to be loyal and loving towards each other. They have formalised the existence of the bond between them with words spoken and with the giving and receiving of rings. Therefore, it is my pleasure to now pronounce them husband and wife.You may now kiss your bride!"

 

     Euijin rolled over, his eyes falling on the soft, sleeping face lying next to him in bed. A fond smile grew on his lips, and he reached forward, running the back of his hand over Katori's gentle cheek. He chuckled, studying every one of her beautiful features; from her cute nose, to her rose petal lips, to her long, elegant eyelashes, Katori was everything he could ever want and need in a woman. She was intelligent, and talented in so many ways, and funny, and generally just perfect in his eyes. He loved her. He couldn't ask for anyone better. As Katori let out a light moan, stretching and yawning, sleepily, Euijin moved back slightly, offering her some space. Almost immediately, Katori reached forward, happily smiling as she pulled him back, intimately.
     "Euijin-ah..." she breathed, giggling as Euijin pulled her up onto his chest, his hands holding tightly onto her waist.
     "It's been 6 months today," Euijin grinned, sliding his hand down to take Katori's elegant fingers in his. He ran a thumb over the graceful silver ring around her wedding finger lovingly.
     "We're lucky people don't know about us," Katori murmured, "but the public is going to find out soon."
     "I know," Euijin sighed, "I'm enjoying the privacy, but my fans are very perceptive," he laughed nervously, "I'll miss this when it's gone."
Katori bit her lip seductively, running her hands down her husband's chest.
     "So let's make the most of it..."
Euijin's eyes sparkled.
     "I've got to get to work," he whined, "aish, why do you do this to me?"
Katori remained silent, her lips twitching slightly as she slowly began to slide down into the covers. She heard Euijin let out a high grunt, and his fingers tightly gripped at the sheets. Katori could almost see Euijin's head roll back in ecstasy in her mind, and she smirked, her ears twitching as he moaned loudly. Once she'd finished, popping her head out of the covers, and wiping slightly with the back of her hand, she met Euijin's watery eyes.
     "I've got to get to work too, baba."

     Later that day, Katori was working at a photoshoot, and Euijin was working with the Unit B members on their comeback. Both were in the same building, on opposite sides, and it became apparent to their friends that the pair were in desperate need of a break - a honeymoon that they should have had, but didn't because of their schedules. Katori was an upcoming actress and model, her popularity rising fast after her appearance in BTS' comeback music video and the latest hot K-drama, "Bulletproof". Euijin had been 2nd place in the idol rebooting programme, The Unit, and now he was working to debut with them soon.
     "Why not give her a call and tell her to come eat with us?" Feeldog suggested, "it's private, so nobody outside this building will know, and we're all cool with it, right?"
Jun nodded.
     "We all love Katori," he admitted.
     "Just be careful you two don't get found out," Kijoong winced, "imagine if you two got backlash? I mean, you're both young - especially Kat. Fans wouldn't like it."
Euijin laughed, though he was just as worried as his younger friend.
     "They all still ship her with Jungkook," he grinned.
     "Doesn't that bother you?" Hojung asked, frowning, as the group all collapsed onto the floor, tired from dance practice.
Euijin shrugged.
     "A little bit. She's close with him, because of the music video, but I trust her."
     "Good," Jun said firmly, "as your...wife...oh my god it's so weird calling her your wife...trusting her is important."
     "I know," Euijin smiled, "it's odd, saying I'm married."
     "You got hitched right before the Unit began," Chan said slowly, "to be honest I was shocked when you told us."
Marco nodded.
     "I actually remember when you revealed it to us."

Three weeks ago...

     "Congratulations," Jun grinned, "to all of us. We did well."
Chan clapped his hands, agreeing.
     "Yes! Ah, where's Euijin?"
Hojung nodded towards the door.
     "He's there, with a girl. Is that...is that Kim Katori? Oh god, it actually is. I'm watching her latest K-drama; she's so good. So pretty too," he nudged his friends, chuckling, "wonder what Euijin's got to do with her?"
     "Ask him, look, he's coming over," Marco said, looking behind his friend as the cafe door opened quickly.

Euijin coughed, striding over to the group of young men.
     "Hey..." he rubbed his neck, "can I talk to you?"
The men all moved their chairs, letting Euijin in, and watched him carefully, curious and worried.
     "You okay?" Daewon asked, frowning.
Euijin took a deep breath, and he suddenly laughed, his mouth curling into a smile.
     "We're debuting together," he said softly, "and we're friends, right?"
     "Right," Hansol said slowly.
     "I..." Euijin bit his lip, "I'm married."
The group sat, in total silence, as their friend whispered the secret. They blinked, shocked.
     "What?" Hansol's mouth fell open, "since when?"
     "6 months ago," Euijin said quickly, "look, you can't tell anyone. Nobody apart from my friends, family and manager know. We...didn't want to release it to the public; they didn't even know we were dating. I wanted to tell you all, in case something happens, or I'm acting weird or...just in case, you know?"
Jun smiled, slapping his friend on the back.
     "Congratulations, man. That her?"
Euijin nodded, fondly meeting Katori's eyes. She smiled, waving slightly towards the men, and then signaled towards Euijin that she was leaving. He blew her a discreet kiss, and immediately Kijoong noticed the ring on his finger.
     "Ah, you're wearing the ring!"
Euijin smiled.
     "I'm 27, I'm allowed to wear a ring. Nobody will know."
     "It's on your wedding finger," Kijoong pointed out. 
     "That's traditionally where you wear a wedding ring," Euijin teased, before laughing, "I know, but we promised each other we wouldn't hide it."
Feeldog chuckled.
     "That's so cute, man."


Euijin sighed, leaning against the wall, exhausted.
     "I love her, but I'm always worried we'll get found out. I'm in the public eye more than ever, and I'm scared she'll get backlash, or I'll get backlash. I'm trying not to spend much time with her outside our flat."
     "That's not fair," Kijoong said gently, "look, our fans wouldn't just drop you as an idol if they found out you were married --"
     "Look what happened to Sungmin of Super Junior," Euijin said quietly, "what if that happens to me? I love performing. Aish..."
Feeldog shook his head.
     "It hasn't happened yet; don't worry about it. Besides, it's not so bad being in the public eye and in a relationship. I and Bora are fine, and people are okay with us together. I bet they'd be chill with you and Kat, too. Look, why not release a statement, apologise for not telling your fans, but that you just wanted to see if things got serious with you and Katori. It's best they hear it from than from, like, Dispatch or some news article."
     "You're right," Euijin said slowly, "I'll speak to Katori about it---"
     "Euijin-ah!"
The group of men looked up, sharply, hearing a woman's desperate tone from the doorway. Katori ran forward, her eyes full of urgency and Euijin immediately scrambled to his feet, meeting her with a tight, reassuring hug.
     "Hey, hey," he soothed, "what's wrong?"
Katori pulled away, swallowing, ing her hand into her pocket to pull out her phone. Euijin's stare fell on the bold headline before him.

THE UNIT'S LEE EUIJIN (28) MARRIED "BULLETPROOF" ACTRESS KIM KATORI (22) LAST OCTOBER SAYS ANON. SOURCE
Source A: Euijin and Katori had been dating for three years before secretly having a small wedding early October last year.

Katori swallowed.
"They know, Euijin."