Chapter Two

Eomma Jin
Please log in to read the full chapter

I stood over dead bodies.

I didn’t even feel like myself as I huffed angrily. I was on my hind legs and my front paws became beastly hands. Blood tainted my fur, and I didn’t give notice to anyone that saw my transformation. I raised my head and looked for Jungkook.

Jungkook?

At first he didn’t respond. My ears twitched for any noise, and I sniffed the air to look for my boy. 

Kookie?

....Eo..mma?

I turned around, and I noticed Jungkook laying on his side, breathing heavily. I ran to his side, worried.

Jungkook, what happened? Did they hurt you?

I didn’t notice the blood running from under him, pooling around my feet. With his black fur, I barely saw the gashes on his throat, the same ones I had caused to his Appa.

He took a prolonged breath before he stilled. I howled, picking up his body. 

Jungkook! Jungkook! Talk to me! Jungkook!

“Jungkook!” I screamed. 

I didn’t even realize I was on a bed, sweat dripping from my hair and skin. I wrapped my arms around myself and wept. How could I have killed my child? I remembered turning to look at Jungkook who was pressed against the wall with his tail between his legs. Everything went black, and now… Just now...

“Eomma?”

My eyes widened from his soft voice. I looked up and Jungkook was at the open door in the room I was in. I scurried off the bed and pulled Jungkook in my arms and cried.

“Jungkook, oh thank God! Are you okay, baby?” I kissed his face repeatedly, relieved to see him alive and unhurt. He moaned in exasperation and I pulled away enough to pinch his cheeks. 

“Ow! Eomma! That hurts!” Jungkook cried before pulling away completely with a soft smile on his face. “I miss you too, Eomma!” He said before diving himself in my arms again. “Ahjussi told me you were going to wake soon. I’ll tell him so he can check you.” Jungkook said before letting go and leaving the room. 

Ahjussi?

I growled protectively when Jungkook came back holding another man’s hand before I recognized the cinnamon scent and the spiked, platinum blonde hair. He smiled at me and I looked down in submission.

“Hello again, Seokjin.” 

I didn’t say anything. I didn’t realize that the whole room smelled just like him. I was so caught up with my nightmare that I missed his scent that lingered on my clothes, and I blushed.

He reached for one of my hands, and I looked up at him. He had the same concern look in his eyes again like last time. I whined softly before grabbing his wrists. He let me hold him, and I ran my fingers around his arm to hold him still.

“Please. Let me thank you for taking care of Jungkook for me.” I kissed the back of his hand, and turned it over to kiss the inside.

He pulled his hand away, and I couldn’t help notice his cheeks turned red from the action.

“It was nothing! To be honest, you should be thanking my Head Alpha. One of our omegas noticed you fighting and called us for help but when we got there, you already…” he trailed off and scratched the back of his head. “Anyways, my name is Namjoon. I never got to tell you.” He held out his hand. “It’s nice to meet you.”

I blinked, confused. Since when did Alphas had to introduce themselves to Omegas? I hesitantly reached for his hand, and he smiled again.

“Eomma, are you hungry? You were asleep for a long time.” I had forgotten Jungkook was in the room with us, and I pulled my hand away from the other’s. I opened my arms for Jungkook to jump in my lap, and I gave him a kiss on his temple. 

“Eomma’s fine. We bothered Namjoon-ssi enough.” I said, and Namjoon tapped on my shoulder. 

“Actually, you’re welcome to join us if you like. It’s lunchtime for everyone.” He said, and I shook my head. 

“I don’t want to burden you with extra mouths to feed.”

“You’re not burdening anyone. We have plenty, and you need the energy. My Alpha wants to see you when you woke.” He said, and I bit my lip. I’m just a lowly Omega, why did he want to see me?

Namjoon didn’t leave much to argue, but I couldn’t help but listen to my stomach growling desperately for food. 

...At least, it was home cooked. 

-+-+-+

Jungkook led the way to the dining hall, running through the halls and disappearing for a few moments before poking his head back to us.

“Hurry up! I’m hungry!” He cried and I quietly apologized to Namjoon for his behavior. Namjoon kept shaking his head at all my apologies, and I felt myself shrink. Hopefully, he isn’t taking anything to heart. 

We turned a corner and soon the scent of multiple wolves hit me. Alpha, Beta, and a few Omega. I was a little afraid, being alone for so long left me unsure of my place and I let Namjoon walk ahead of me so I can hide behind his back. Jungkook was nowhere to be seen, but I could still sense him nearby.

When we entered, the other wolves turned their attention towards the door but howled in excitement. 

“Joon! We were just about to send a search party! How’s the Omega?” A wolf asked and I slowly poked my head around Namjoon’s shoulder. I wasn’t sure if they were talking about me, but they all went silent seeing me. 

I contemplated on making a run for it. This isn’t the first clan to reject me, and I’m sure it wouldn’t be my last. I desperately looked to the door where Jungkook’s scent lingered before laughter erupted from the head of the dining table.

“Seokjin! It’s nice to see you finally awaken! Come, come! Sit with us!” An Alpha bellowed before pointing at the empty seats beside him. I was caught off guard when he called my name, but I realized Namjoon may have told him. I shook, but silently slithered my way into an available seat before being followed by the other Alpha. I was careful to avoid everyone’s eyes.

“Seokjin. Let me see you clearly. I want to see the face that my son would not stop rambling about.” I shot up my head, unsure if I heard that right. I heard Namjoon groan, an

Please log in to read the full chapter