FIN

Damaged Goods

Aftie, cutie,”

Taehyung not even jolt a slightest bit when two strong arms being wrapped around his waist. He sighs so obviously. He’s just been here for five minutes, for god’s sake. Yet someone already decided to disturb his so called private quality time―the same someone with yesterday, and the days before.

The blonde remembers how this place―the balcony on his school fifth floor―was the only place where he can be alone, away from annoying bastards who always wants him to use his fists for something not important, and even from his too-loud-for-their-own-sake friends. Here though, he would just lean on the railing, watching the sky while inhaling his daily needs of nicotine, until the bell ring demanding him to go back to his boring-as-hell classroom.

His routine stopped completely since this certain bastard happened.

“What do you want,” Taehyung asks rhetorically―he always know what the other wants―eyes never leaving the sky. It is grey today, seems like the rain will pour hard later.

“Why’re you so cold, sunbae?” Jeongguk’s voice is soft, not as deep as Taehyung’s, typical voice of a boy who just hit his puberty, with the thick huskiness that make it sounds so―Jeongguk. He hooks his chin on Taehyung’s right shoulder, nose lightly nuzzling the side of Taehyung’s neck, soft darkest brown strand of his hair tickling the other’s cheek. The metal of Jeongguk’s glasses grazing on his jaw, but Taehyung’s not protesting.

Jeon Jeongguk, is a second year―an excellent actor, if Taehyung’s going to say. Faking a good student image, getting perfect score for every subject. He’s loved by everyone, given it teachers or students―even school’s security officers. And he’s handsome too (not that Taehyung would say it out loud), so no wonder if girls―and even boys―willing to do anything just to impress him.

But Taehyung knows better than that.

He doesn’t answer, taking a drag of his cigarette, breathing it out in a long exhale.

The arms around his waist loosened and then gone―Taehyung’s totally not missing the warmth. Yet he’s secretly relieved when the same weight being draped lightly on his shoulder, warm body pressed real close on his side.

With the other hand, Jeongguk takes a hold of Taehyung’s thin wrist, pulling it toward his own lips, taking a puff of the cigarette for himself―Taehyung’s not watching how the smoke leaves the glasses boy’s plump lips.

The blonde exaggerates a cough, turning away from Jeongguk. “Don’t breath on me, tard. Give me back my cig,” He demands, as the other effortlessly taking the roll of tobacco from between his fingers.

“Nope,” Jeongguk throws the stub down the grown instead, his sleek shoe stepping on it to kill the fire. “I told you cigs are bad for your health.”

Taehyung groans, getting tired with Jeongguk lecturing him every day. Okay, maybe not really lecturing but meh, everything from Jeongguk’s mouth sound like some scientific theories by Einstein and his friends―what.

Jeongguk chuckles lowly. “If you need to do something with your lips,” He whispers, lips dangerously close with Taehyung’s. “you can kiss me instead, Tae,”

With that, a hard punch lands straight on Jeongguk’s jaw.

He stumbles few steps backward, his glasses almost slips off his nose―grunting in pain. “Sunbae, you’re gonna break my specs again,”

“Oh, that’s so gonna happen. If you decide not to behave,” Taehyung replies, glaring at the younger boy, obviously irritated. He leans his back onto the railing, one hand reaches into his pants pocket for another roll of nicotine.

Jeongguk pushes his glasses back on, walking toward Taehyung again as if keeping away from him for more than a minute hurts. “I’m basically blind without these, sunbae,” He also leans on the railing, right beside Taehyung. “I wouldn’t be able to adore your pretty face,”

Taehyung rolls his eyes, putting the ciggarete between his lips “You ing liar. You never wore that on PE.”

“Oh. How do you know?” Jeongguk fakes a shocked expression, fingers leaving teasing touches across Taehyung’s jaw. His thumb and forefinger gets a hold on Taehyung’s chin, tilting it up so their eyes meet. “Have you been stalking me?”

A soft pink creeps on Taehyung’s cheeks, eyes widened. “Keep dreaming, you er,” He hisses as his right hand pulls on Jeongguk’s hand before twisting it roughly. His other hand pushing hard on his wide back, pinning him onto the nearest wall.

Jeongguk’s scream echoed through the fifth floor balcony and for a moment Taehyung’s taken aback because am I doing it too hard? But when the younger’s content laugh enters his ears with a playful remark of, “Why’re you gotta be so cute, sunbae?”, Taehyung groans again, face turning sullen, twisting Jeongguk’s hand even rougher.

“Ow! I’m kidding, sunbae, stop, please!”

 

 

 

Taehyung never heard of Jeon Jeongguk before he met the boy himself.

Taehyung never fond of fighting―that’s what he would be telling everyone, only to be laughed after. Because fighting means violence, and violence means someone would get hurt. When someone swings their fists toward you, you had nothing to do except to counter―and Taehyung does it twice harder. He doesn’t want to be the one getting hurt.

Just like that, his name is known as the strongest dude in his school―and even in the neighborhood.

And then, enter Jeon Jeongguk.

“Wow,”

The husky baritone voice is unfamiliar for him, so he keeps his guard up as he turns to face the voice owner.

The boy is tall―maybe as tall as himself, but looks more buff than Taehyung’s thin frame. His clean, nicely ironed uniform jacket neatly buttoned up, the opposite with Taehyung’s crumpled and dirtied one. Big metal framed glasses resting on his nose, his dark brown hair being naturally kept down, fringe almost covering his eyes―totally looks like someone who spends twenty four hours a day behind the desk studying.

He is just a few meters away from where Taehyung is standing, leaning his back on the wall, hands dumped inside the side pocket of his trousers with such arrogant manner contrary to his appearance.

“That was quite impressive,” The dark haired boy says, darker orbs darting to the retracting figure of the juniors Taehyung just beaten, before shifting back to stare straight at Taehyung’s eyes.

“You,” Taehyung squints, trying to remember if he ever met him before―he does look familiar. “Who are you,”

“Are you sure you don’t know me?” Comes the reply. He looks so calm, the treatment Taehyung rarely get from people―moreover someone who looks like a perfect target of bully. “I’m pretty sure there are more than five photos of me on the wall magz.”

Oh. No wonder. Taehyung has seen him―the two dimensional version, with shorter hair, looking more more more nerdy, displayed on the wall magazine under the big headline of... something about ranked one? He doesn’t really care.

“I heard some rumors about you.” The boy starts again. He pushes himself off from the wall, walking with relaxed strides toward Taehyung. “They said you’re the number one fighter on this neighborhood, scary as ―I didn’t believe them, though,” He shrugs, stopping mere few steps away from Taehyung.

He looks up, playful smirk adorning his lips.

“I mean, just look at your face. Why would someone this beautiful fight with anyone?”

“What―” the . Taehyung’s already wide eyes get even wider, unconsciously taking a step backward as the other boy brings himself closer. His fists tighten as the boy steps even closer until he can notice the words sculpted on the boy’s name tag.

Jeon Jeongguk.

“Who would ruin such pretty face of yours?” He lifts his arm leisurely―Taehyung is ready for a punch, when a warm, calloused fingers land on his cheek, caressing the soft tanned skin. “I knew your skin would be so soft,”

Taehyung had enough.

He grits his teeth, sharp eyes glaring at the boy―Jeongguk. With efficient move, he slaps the dark haired boy’s hand away. “ off!” His other hand quickly finding the other’s collar, pushing harshly until Jeongguk’s back collides with the solid wall.

A low grunt escapes Jeongguk’s mouth.

“I don’t know what do you want, you four eyes, but I gotta let you know, I don’t ing care,” Taehyung’s grip on Jeongguk’s collar tightens, but not tight enough to suffocate. “So ing leave me alone,”

But instead of frightened, Jeongguk looks like he is having the best time in his life. Like this is what he wants―to get into Taehyung’s nerve.

Sunbaenim,” He says, naughty glint on his eyes. “you look even prettier up close,”

“ you!” Taehyung screams as he pulls Jeongguk off the wall by his collar, sharp edges of his knuckles land on Jeongguk’s jaw without even restraining his strength.

The other though, only stumbles few steps backward. Taehyung can see blood on the corner of Jeongguk’s lips as he looks up, and he’s sure there will be a big ugly bruise on his jaw. But Jeongguk doesn’t look like he’s hurt.

His dark eyes focused on his broken glasses, lens scattered into small pieces on the ground.  “Ah,” He pipes. “that’s a new glasses.”

To say that Taehyung is shocked, is understatement. With those punch, Jeongguk should be laying on the ground, maybe crying in agony, whining for his mommy to come. He shouldn’t be worrying about his ing glasses.

Jeon Jeongguk is... weird. That’s what he thinks. And Taehyung’s interested.