Final

Pain

Jaehwan sits there, like a statue. His eyes focus on the couple who just come out of the restaurant. They don’t seem aware of someone watching as they continue to hug, giggle, and laugh together. They even kiss. And Jaehwan does not forget to close his eyes at the particular scene.

‘Why? Why should it be like this?’

‘Why can’t I say anything?’

‘Why do I love him so much?’

Jaehwan opens his eyes to the still same view shows in front of him, the couple lip-locking as they hug each other. After a moment, they finally break apart and walks out to the road, still hand in hand. The man stops a taxi for the woman and again, before the woman gets in the taxi, they kiss. Jaehwan looks away while biting his lips hard. It is painful.

‘No. Let it be like this.’

‘I won’t say anything.’

After bidding good bye to the taxi, the man walks back to the parking lot and slips into the driver seat of a car. He faces the man on the passenger seat and kisses his forehead.

“Sorry to make you wait. Let’s go home.”

Jaehwan smiled. Somehow, the painful feeling is slowly fading. “How about your wife?”

“I told her I have work overnight. I’ll go home tomorrow morning.”

Jaehwan’s smile grows wider. This is the feeling he likes, the feeling of being someone’s priority. Jung Taekwoon’s priority. He continues to look at him, still smiling, earning a frown from the older.

“What’s wrong, love?”

Love, oh how Jaehwan loves that nickname he gives him. He loves him. He loves Jung Taekwoon. “Nothing.”

‘Yes. Let it be like this.’

‘I won’t say anything. I am ok.’

‘Because in the end, I don’t want to lose him’