Lieutenant Kang Seulgi

To Protect and Serve
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hi guys, thanks to those of you who read chapter 2. I’m back with chapter 3 and will be showing a bit more of Seulgi’s personal life outside of work. Enjoy


 

Seulgi was competent. She was more than competent. Joohyun witnessed first hand just now capable Kang Seulgi truly was. Three months into her first term. A crazy, obsessed man managed to make it onto the property.

 

(Flashback)

 

“Madame Bae!” Several of the bodyguards surround her the second they spot the intruder. It is important she is protected from any potential harm. However, it is Seulgi who sprang into action first. Joohyun watched as the monolid woman ran forward, seemingly out of nowhere. She tackled the man to the ground, and proceeded to tie his hands behind his back. The entire scene had been impressive. Seulgi didn’t even seem scared at all.

 

Joohyun stood amazed for several moments. Even after the police arrived to drag the man away. Seulgi still appeared calm and collected. It was almost as if nothing had even happened for her. Like this is typical for her and she just ran into the action.

 

“Madame Bae,” Seulgi walks over to her. Joohyun could only stand in awe. Seulgi waves her hand over her face to get her attention. Joohyun still doesn’t right away speak.

 

“Madame Bae. Are you alright?”

 

“Oh, yes,” Joohyun nods. “I’m fine, thank you for stopping that man. You weren’t hurt at all?”

 

“No, Ma’am. I’m not hurt. It’s my job to protect you.”

 

Joohyun wanted to point out that none of the other guards ran into the danger as fast as she did. Seulgi doesn’t stick around much longer. Once she makes sure the president is fine, and unharmed. She does head back towards the bodyguards residence. The only thing Joohyun knows is that she will certainly be safe, as long as Seulgi is around.

 

(End)


 

She’ll still recall that time of her bravery. In fact she tends to stick closer to Seulgi more than anyone else. The brunette makes her feel safe. By just standing near her she feels safe. Today however, Joohyun made sure to clear most of her schedule for her sister Yeri. They haven’t spent much time together since she’s become President. That’s why she has prepared lunch for them, and is now waiting for Yeri to arrive. Unfortunately, Bae Yerin is currently having a difficult time even getting onto the property.

 

“Well, are you guys going to let me in or what?”

 

“Miss, do you have an appointment with Madame Bae?”

 

Yeri rolls her eyes as the bodyguard who asked her gives her a questioning gaze.

 

“I’m the President’s sister. I don’t need an appointment.”

 

“Does Madame Bae have a sister?” He asks his coworker.

 

“Yes!” Yeri shouts. “I’m her sister!”

 

Before she can be denied access again. Yeri notices a female bodyguard walking over in a dark suit, red tie, and dark boots.

 

“What are you two doing?”

 

“Oh, Agent Kang, Ma’am!” The two stand at attention as they notice their superior. Yeri is only staring wide eyed at the female bodyguard. She really is very pretty. Yeri also had not expected to see a female bodyguard here.

 

“This young woman is requesting access to the President, Ma’am.”

 

Seulgi takes one look at what is Bae Yerim. Everyone has been briefed on the people close to Bae Joohyun, and they know she has the one living relative which is her sister. The same sister who is standing right here. Seulgi sighs. Leave it to the newer guys to get information wrong.

 

“She is Bae Yerim. She’s our President’s sister.”

 

“Oh…”

 

“I told you so!” Yeri sticks her tongue out. At least someone isn’t an idiot. Seulgi dismisses the two, and tells Yeri she will show her inside. Someone will be able to direct her to where she may find her sister. The younger Bae nods. Wow is the female bodyguard pretty, and has this cool aura about her.

 

“Have a good day, Ms. Bae,” Seulgi gives a polite nod and leaves. Yeri barely has time to thank her she’s already gone. Someone does bring her to where Joohyun is waiting.

 

“Hey, sis, or should I call you, ‘Her benevolent, Madame Bae Joohyun, the first,’ Yeri teases with a slight bow. Joohyun rolls her eyes and laughs.

 

“You better not. Come here. It’s been so long since I’ve seen you,” she hugs her younger sister. They spend several moments catching up briefly. Before the food she made is served for them. Yeri could ask her about anything. She could ask how is it running the country? What’s it like being so important? How nice is that master bedroom of hers? Maybe what’s it like having that private jet? No she asks something else entirely.

 

“Sis, is she a robot?”

 

“Is who a robot?” Joohyun looks startled by the question.

 

“The cool looking female bodyguard. Is she a robot? She seems so… Yeri pauses to think of the right words, serious,”That is Yeri’s actual impression of her.

 

“No, Seulgi isn’t a robot. She’s just very professional.”

 

“Oh, Seulgi, huh,” her sister nudges her in the arm. “We’re on a first name basis, eh sis. Can’t say I blame you. She’s really hot!”

 

The raven sighs. This isn’t the conversation she wants to have with her younger sister.

 

“She’s my employee.”

 

“That doesn’t mean she’s not attractive. It’s cool how she’s a bodyguard too. Is she the only woman?”

 

“Yes,” Joohyun nods. “She’s the only female bodyguard.”

 

Speaking of said bodyguard. Seulgi stands before Victoria. Her boss is in the middle of doing reports when she nearly spits out her coffee.

 

“You have a date,” she screams.

 

“It’s…”

 

“With whom do you have this date? I didn’t approve of any dates. Unless it’s with our president Bae.”

 

“Vic…” Seulgi cuts her off, “It’s not a date like you’re thinking.”

 

“Good, it had better not be. Anyway, how much time do you need off?”

 

“A few days at most. Possibly less. I need to go out of Seoul for a bit. It’s important.”

 

“No, worries, Seul. You just handle what you need to. I’ll see you in few days, okay?”

 

“Thanks, Vic.”

 

“No dates!”

 

Seulgi gives a nod and goes to get her duffel bag from her room. She like many of the other guards has a room on the premises. She does have her own apartment. One she goes to during time off. Seulgi says goodbye to some of her colleagues, and takes off on her motorcycle. The brunette does have a prior engagement. One she goes to every month.

 

First she stops at her apartment. She’s not here much so it’s not overly decorated. She has the basic furniture in each room. Such as couches, tables, bed, and dressers. The kitchen has a coffee maker, microwave, and refrigerator. She normally asks her neighbor to check in on things from time to time for her. The bodyguard changes out of her work clothes and into her army uniform.

 

It’s a gray jacket, adorned with gold and black. The pants are also black with red stripes. She puts on her white gloves, and lastly the officers cap. She checks herself in the mirror, and looks presentable to herself. There are times she thinks life made more sense while she served. She spent much of her time in the army, and it’s all she really knows. The professionalism learned from long hours of boot camps followed the young woman to this day.

 

“Okay, Kang, time to go.”


 

Joohyun is showing her sister around the property. She introduces her to some of her staff, and even to Victoria as well. Yeri does greet everyone respectfully. But she does have something else on her mind.

 

“Okay, where’s my room?”

 

“Your room?” The raven wonders with wide eyes.

 

“Yeah, I must have a room around here somewhere. You know when I stay with you?”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter