1/1

I'd Give My Life For You

You heard crying coming from the opposite side of a closed door. You waited a few minutes, just to see if the crying would stop, but it didn't. You opened the door to see a child that is the spitting image of Youngjae when he was little, tears streaming down his puffy red cheeks, unable to go back to sleep.


You picked him up from the crib and held him close, rocking him side to side "Shhh...." you whisper, "It's okay, I'm here. It'll be okay." You gently pat his back. He's still crying, but he's calming down slightly with you being near him.


You decided to practice your audition song, since you weren't going to bed before the mini Youngjae falls back asleep, so you want "I'd Give My Life for You" because, well, that's exactly what you would do for him.


As you sang, he fell deeper and deeper into a slumber, you could feel his body slump against you as his breathing got slower and deeper, his little lips parting just slightly and making him look even more adorable (which didn't seem possible, but you quickly learned being Youngjae's son he kept the surprises coming).


"I love the sentiment but as long as you don't actually kill yourself for him, I'll be happy." A voice behind you said. You turned around to see your husband, Youngjae, awake, sleep still lingering in his eyes as he stood in the doorway of the nursery. You set Chris down, happy you finally got him to sleep for the night. Youngjae hugged you from behind, "Now that you got our son to bed, how about we get to back to bed too?" He said, sweetly kissing the back of your shoulder. You closed your eyes and smiled before turning your head to look your husband in the eyes and nodded your head. He slung an arm around your waist as you left the nursery and headed back to your bedroom, excited and looking forward to getting more sleep before your day was supposed to start.