Chapter 1

Donghae Returns.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Explanation – “” in quotations – Conversations.

Italics – Donghae’s or other characters thought. Bold and italics – use of Korean words with their real characters written, spelling and meaning is inside the brackets.

 

 

 

It all begins with the idea of having their own variety show. A show that will differentiate them apart from other groups but also showcase their experiences in the field. Just like the presentation, Super TV is what it will be called. A combination of different genres of variety show, all the way from eating show, quiz shows, audition and overall a full package reality show with Super Junior Twist. Despite not having all the members participating in the show however, Donghae thought, it might not be that bad.

 

He actually admires his fellow team members a lot and sometimes the innocent fishy could not hold back his admiration and excitement for s which might be the reason why he would throw out some funny comments about how the best speaker in the industry among idols must have been one of his hyungs. Although he himself is not the most active member in the variety sector, he just thought that his participation could help maintain Super Junior members, support his best friends and also showing ELF that their oppas are here to stay in the future. They might be well in their mid 30s but it could not be hidden, the fact that each and every one of them who are still actively participating in Super Junior’s activities are very passionate about their job.

 

Therefore, if all he can do to help his fellow members is to admit that he is a baby when it comes to reality show and just let them teases him about it without making any funny comments he is fine. He is willing to let be the ‘0hae’ just as long as he can help the group then everything will be fine. Because in the end, he knows that, Super Junior is the closest to family other than his mother and brother that he could have.

 

Super TV First Broadcast

 

It was one fine sunny day in Seoul. Despite the temperature falling below 0 degrees and the coldness of the wind and the weather piercing, the warmth of sunlight managed to fill everyone with such good moods. Everyone were so excited about the first broadcast and the fact that they were starting the shoot in their old dorm makes them even more excited. He did not even realize how long have it been since he last stepped into the dorm anymore. Along with Eunhyuk and Leeteuk, Donghae finally moved into his personal apartment out of the dorm.

 

They thought that after all these years being in the industry and being with his fellow members, it must have been time to move. Then was the right moment of moving they thought especially with other members moved even earlier before them, the trio were the last ones to move out of the dorm. He still remembers the day Heechul hyung moved out of the dorm. Ryeowook was teasing the elder at how he truly believes that Heechul would move back to the dorm as soon as possible since no one would cook proper food. Even in one of the other show that Heechul was in, when the MCs decided to have an interview in his flat, they can see how empty is his kitchen.

 

But despite everything, Heechul still manages to stay in the current flat he is living in. Since then, he knew that he would have been able to move as well. Especially with his best friend, Eunhyuk and his second ‘엄마’ (eomma-mother), Leeteuk living closely to him, he would just enjoy his own space in the flat but still being able to just come over to their place easily especially during moments when he gets lonely. Looking at the dorm now, funny memories started to emerge on the back of his head, as the recording start, Donghae was half living in a nostalgic moment and somehow half eating the salad he had bought over on the way to the recording while trying to make proper comments. He thought to himself, this is one of the moments in his life that he wished he could pause and play again during difficult times.

 

Still munching on his salad, he tried to make funny comments and responds at the right time but with his slow voice, the Audio PD seems to be working hard in order to capture what he said. Chuckling in his head, he was a bit apologetic towards the Audio PD, Audio PD-nim, please help me until I become accustomed with the world of reality shows! You’ve worked hard! And that beautiful smile seems to never leave his face.

 

먹방 (Meokbang-Eating Show) is the current theme of today’s show. Donghae still remembers the day that they decided to play the Restaurant Escape Game in SJ Returns MT, ahh that game was so fun he thought to himself. Although after that game, everyone seems to be spending more time working out the next one week but he enjoyed this particular game a lot, knowing that their first broadcast for their Super TV would be this game too, he suddenly felt a rush of excitement in his heart. Although he wished that he could be in the same group with Eunhyuk but it seems that this game didn’t allow him to do that. Trying to hide his disappointment, it’s okay Donghae you never know there could be a change of situation, at least Heechulie hyung is here, trying to cheer himself but on the other hand he just remembered urghh he might not eat that much though, oh dear, seems like today he will be consuming a huge number of calories. Probably time to go back to the gym he thought.

 

First round has passed and although it can be said that he is not exactly full yet but he has gotten to the point that he could fill the food starting to fill the spaces in his stomach. He was quite amazed by the quality of the food though, this food court is definitely not bad at all, the ahjummas must have prepared the food with so much love. With them having so much fun and the recording continues, Donghae didn’t even realized how tired he was but trying to keep a calm composure, he keeps on smiling and bullying Heechulie Hyung along the way just to how much he loves the elder.

 

As the recording comes to an end however, he did not even know that the staffs and the PD have prepared an ice bath. He cursed himself inside, pabo Lee Donghae, this is the karma that you just have to live with after bullying Heechul Hyung. Although he did try to splash some of the water on himself, he still couldn’t get over the coldness of the ice bath itself, trying to laugh it off he slowly lowers himself down on the tub. What he didn’t expect next was to get Eunhyuk and Shindong hyung splashing two buckets of ice water on him. For a moment, he was sure that all cells on his body just froze, and as he exited the tub his mind was blank from the cold and his instinct just kicked in telling him to get the hell away from the tub as soon as possible. Donghae knew that Eunhyuk and Shindong Hyung are just doing it for the show and he thought, oh well, I guess this is my sacrifice for the show, it’s okay Donghae, fighting! Therefore, they end the show and Donghae’s smile was never wiped away from his face. When the recording finally ended, his manager and his assistants were rushing to him with large towel in their hand desperately trying to dry him off and keeping him warm. Leeteuk also came over to him wondering if he was fine, and Donghae was smiling brightly while nodding vigorously telling the leader how he is a grown man and that he is completely fine.

 

 

Although he was smiling, he was honestly frozen to the bone, the combination of the weather and the ice ‘bath’ he took just now was definitely not the best combination. From the corner of his eyes, he could feel himself being stared on and as he looks to his left, his gaze was met with the brown paired of eyes and a specific worry anchovy face staring at him. Warmth started to creep into his heart, despite everything, he knew that Eunhyuk was genuinely worried about him and from his eyes, Donghae could just tell how guilty and sorry Eunhyuk felt. Donghae couldn’t even comforts the latter properly due to his teeth clattering and his lips shaking and the once in a while shiver that continues to hit his body, so all he did was give Eunhyuk the warmest smile he could give. He just hoped that the dancer receives his message, it’s okay Hyukkie, I am honestly fine.

 

With the staffs wrapping up and trying to wrap up the settings, things get really busy and people running around really just gives Donghae the headache he does not need. Despite being an idol for so long, he hated this part of his work, Donghae has always been such a gentle soul and a peaceful one to be honest therefore with all these commotions going around he started feeling restless. His manager finally came up to him giving him something to change and some new towels for him to dry himself properly. When he finished changing, all the members have gathered and it seems that they are waiting for him.

“Oh, Donghae-ah, right here!” Leeteuk waved at him.

“It must have been freezing isn’t it Donghae-ah, you’ve worked hard today, I’m sorry about splashing the bucket on you.” Shindong said with guilt painted on his face.

“Dongee Hyung it’s okay, I’m fine don’t worry” Donghae smiled at him.

“Donghae-ah, I think you should rest after this, me and Eeteuk and Hyukjae are just going to drop by the office for a moment since some of the staff members wanted to discuss things for the next episode, you should go home uri Donghae and take some rest.” Heechul stepped in and ruffled Donghae’s hair. Although always label the crazy one in the industry and by a lot of people, Heechul has always loved Donghae a bit extra, there is just something the innocent fishy that warms his warm heart which is the reason although Donghae bullies him several times all he can do is just laugh at it and move on with the show.

“Alright Hyung, I’ll be going home then! Thank you for today!” And with that Donghae bid farewell with the others while trying to spot his manager’s car. Before he turned back, he could see Eunhyuk waving at him trying to catch his attention while holding his phone and pointing at it. He mouthed “Arasseo (I got it).” He knew exactly what Eunhyuk meant, hold on to your phone Lee Donghae, I’m texting you very soon. And he was right, within half an hour, a notification on his Kakaotalk appears.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter