Text 02 (3/3)

Texting In The Spotlight
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

Enjoy!

 

 

 

► 1 September 2018...

 

 

 

►After Yoongi left to go fetch Jungkook's family...

 

 

Rora and Jisoo are having fun wrapping the presents, Namjoon and Hoseok are having a little argument over which colored streamer to put above Jungkooks's name while Seokjin was alone in the kitchen baking Jungkook's birthday cake. He groaned, slapping both of his hands over his face, "I need help with the design. I can't think of anything!" 

 

Rora looked over her shoulders, "Just whip up anything! It doesn't have to be anything fanciful or extravagant, anything you do Jungkook will surely appreciate it!". Jisoo nodded in agreement, "He's a good kid!" 

 

"No, I'm telling you, paste the red streamers above his name!"

 

"And I'm telling you to paste the blue streamers above his name!"

 

"Red!"

 

"Blue!"

 

"JUST PUT BOTH FOR GODS' SAKE!" Seokjin shouted from the kitchen to Namjoon and Hoseok. Both Rora and Jisoo snickered in amusement, "If you guys are going to argue over every color, we won't be able to complete this by night time!"  

 

All of them started to work faster, now that it's close to 4 P.M. Rora stretched her arms back, "We're done wrapping here! Careful not to trip over any presents!". Seokjin walked out of the kitchen, holding his masterpiece proudly. "I see you're done with the cake?", Rora sked. He nodded, walking slowly over to place the cake on the dining table. 

 

"Namjoon, can you move back to see if all this is crooked?" Hoseok asked. Namjoon held a hand up, "Yeah hold on, let me just get the hat that rolled off.". He walked backward, not turning around or taking note of his surroundings. "NAMJOON, BE CAREFUL OF THE PRESENT!", Jisoo shouted. Before Namjoon could react, he tripped over a wrapped present and fell backward, knocking over Seokjin who was walking with the cake in his hands. 

 

Everyone could only stare at the cake as it flew out of Seokjin's hand, too late to save the cake. The cake fell to the ground and the cream splattered all over the pace, no one made a sound. At this moment the front door opened, Yoongi and Jungkook's family walked in only to stare at the situation in horror. "What the hell happened?", Yoongi whispered. "Kim Namjoon, that's what happened.", Seokjin grumbled and folded his arms. "My hard work for the past three hours, gone just like that. What the are we supposed to do now, it's 4.30!" 

 

 

"Guys, there are gonna reach in 10 minutes. Jungkook wanted to come back." Rora bit her nails is nervousness. Jungkook's Mom stepped in. "Kids, it's fine. Just clear this mess first okay? Not all birthdays need a cake, Jungkook wouldn't mind I'm sure!" 

 

"But..."

 

She smiled, "It's okay, he'll be crying at the sight of us. No need for a cake to do that! Now, quick quick. Clean this mess up and prepare for the surprise!". Everyone rushed to clean up and hid in their respective places. The door opened, footsteps were head. "Why is the room so dark?" Jungkook's voice echoed.

 

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY JUNGKOOK!", all of them jumped out of their places and threw confetti at the said boy. Jungkook flinched a little and widen his eyes surprise, looking around the house and back to the people who surrounded him. He lets out a shaky breath when his eyes met the so familiar ones that he'd seen while growing up, "M-mom?"

 

His mother smiled, extending her arms out for his son to run into her embrace but his son did nothing, still too shocked to process that his family is here in the dorm. Jungkook's brother lets out a hearty laugh, walking over to give his little brother a slap on the back, "Jungkook! Is this how you greet your family after not seeing them for so long?"

 

"H-hyung! You're really here!", Jungkoo

Please log in to read the full chapter