I need to find my way back to the start--and I did.

Into Your Arms


Into Your Arms - The Maine:


(There was a new girl in town...)

The practice room’s door creaked open slowly. No one else saw her.

But I did.

I saw chocolate brown eyes peering through the crack in the door. I smiled easily at her.

And the door opened wider.

(She had it all figured out.)

When the instructor asked her to show him her moves, we all expected her to be extremely amateur. After all, she was the only girl in an all guys’ dance class.

Someone hit the play button and music blared from the speakers.

Then that timid-looking girl transformed, blossoming into a powerful woman.

(Well, I’ll state something rash. She had the most amazing--smile.)

When she finished and everyone was applauding, she beamed, at the dance instructor, then at me.

And okay, I had to smile back.

Because her smile kind of knocked the wind out of me.

(I bet you didn’t expect that; she made me change my ways.)

At some random point, we began randomly talking even though we were both random strangers.

We didn’t act like it though. We spoke to each other like we were old chums or acquaintances from school or something.

She asked me a bunch of questions that ranged from a lot of different topics.

One day, she asked me when I got my first kiss.

I told her, first grade.

She looked surprised, and then asked me how many girlfriends I’ve had, probably assuming I was a flirt--which was partly true.

I chuckled and told her that we should be getting back to dance practice.

Later that night, I made a little vow to myself to not mess around with girls anymore.

I knew Hyoyeon wouldn’t like that.

And for some reason, if she didn’t like it, I knew I wouldn’t like it.

(With eyes like sunsets, baby, and legs that went on for days.)

“Do you prefer sunrises or sunsets?” she asked me during one of our breaks.

I tucked my hands behind my head and stared at the horizon.

“Sunsets.”

“Why?” she continued curiously.

I mumbled something really stupid, like, “They remind me of your eyes.”

She pretended like she didn’t hear me (thank god), which I appreciated.

On another day, years after our childhood, she greeted me backstage at Inkigayo in extremely short shorts.

I gave her a “once-over” and she frowned at me, attacking my arm, which was sort of our thing.

“What are you staring at?”

“Hyo, go put on some pants, alright?”

“You’re sick, Hyukjae.”

I grinned at her.

(I’m falling in love, but it’s falling apart.)

She told me she liked Junho not too long after our last encounter.

I shrugged and acted like I didn’t care. She seemed a bit upset because of my lack of attentiveness to her.

If only she knew how much I wanted to punch that kid in the face for taking her away from me.

(I need to find my way back to the start. )

“Have you ever had your first kiss?” I asked her after she asked me that day.

She shook her head. “No.”

“Don’t girls care about that stuff?”

“Well, I don’t really care. It’ll happen whenever it does.”

When I walked her home that night, I somehow found bravery in myself to steal her first kiss.

The look on her face was worth it though.

It was like her usual gorgeous smile multiplied tenfold. It was just a bonus when she walked into the practice room the next morning practically glowing.

(When we were in love, oh, things were better than they are.)

“Guess who?”

“Donghae-oppa?”

“Hey!” I pouted at her and she laughed, insisting that she was kidding and that, Of course I knew it was you, Hyukjae, don’t be dumb.

I rolled my eyes, but stole a kiss from her.

She smiled.

(Let me back into, into your arms.)

Then she hugged me.

Which more than made up for mistaking me for Donghae.

(She made her way to the bar.)

“Hyukjae, just go over there, she’s over there.” Donghae drawled.

“Stop drinking.” I scowled at him, snatching the alcoholic beverage away from him.

“But it tastes really good, Hyukkie!” he grinned stupidly.

I stared at the--my--blonde, who crossed from the dance floor to the other side of the bar.

(I tried to talk to her, but she seemed so far.)

I turned my head away from Hyoyeon.

It was a lost cause, anyway. If I talked to her, she wouldn’t talk to me.

I knew everything about her, and I knew she definitely excelled at ignoring people.

(Out of my league; I had to find a way to get her next to me.)

I couldn’t help but peek at her though. She soon left the bar and was making her way back to the swarm of people with a guy on her arm.

I gagged.

She was too beautiful for him.

She was too beautiful for me.

But either way, I would make me be that guy again. She’d only be by my side, no one else’s.

I was determined.

(I’m falling in love, but it’s falling apart.)

At the end-of-the-year music festival for SBS, our groups were supposed to perform together. I was giddy on the inside--that was the awful thing about being in love.

I just knew we’d be paired up together, since we were both the main dancers.

So I was definitely shocked when the instructor told me to stand by Yuri.

I glanced at Hyoyeon out of the corner of my eye, and her back was to me.

She was already practicing with Sungmin.

(I need to find my way back to the start.)

Yuri was my friend, we were good friends even. But I somehow started zoning out.

I was brought back to a clear memory of how we first met.

“So are you a new trainee? I haven’t seen you around here.” she had said to me after class.

“Yeah, kinda. You’re an awesome dancer, sunbae.” I had complimented politely.

“Ah, don’t call me that. It’s weird.”

“What should I call you?”

“Hyoyeon.”

“Then you can call me Hyukjae.”

(When we were in love, oh, things were better than they are.)

“Get off the phone right now.” Donghae groaned one night, burying his face in a pillow.

“Get out of my room!” I retorted, holding the phone away from my ear.

“You can talk to her in the morning.”

“I haven’t been able to hear her voice for like two weeks!” I whined.

“Just go to bed!” she told me.

“I don’t want to.”

“Stop pouting, Hyukjae. I’ll call you tomorrow.”

“Promise?”

“My GOD, go to bed, both of you!” Donghae whisper-yelled, infuriated.

“Love you, Hyoyeon.”

“Love you too.”

(Let me back into, into your arms.)

As soon as the whole thing was over, I raced backstage.

“Hey, congratulations on winning the Daesang.”

“You guys were supposed to.” she smiled bitterly.

“It’s cool. You’re happy, I’m happier.” I assured her with a little laugh

She extended her arms to me and I moved forward, wrapping my arms around her frame.

And neither of us dared to break away.

(Oh, she’s slipping away.)

“H-Hey, Hyukjae, she’s walking out.” Donghae slapped me on the arm pathetically.

“Dude, go home.” I gave him a pained expression, rising from my seat. “You’re so drunk, it’s not even funny.”

“I’ll just...I’ll just call Siwon.” he slurred, pulling his phone out.

“Whatever, just don’t get yourself into trouble.” I muttered, jogging out of the pounding club and out into the cool air.

“Hyukjae?”

(I always freeze when I’m thinking of words to say.)

I blinked at her, blanking out.

She raised an eyebrow at me and I gulped, truly nervous and feeling like a total wreck for the first time in my life.

“Hi.”

(All the things she does make it seem like love--)

“Did you follow me?”

She knew me well.

I smiled. “Nah, it’s just too crazy in there.”

“I thought you didn’t really like clubbing?”

She knew me too well.

“Donghae,” I said simply, shoving my hands in my pockets.

“How are you?” she asked, folding her arms.

“I’m fine, but you’re cold.”

“Don’t worry about it.”

“You know I’m worrying about it.” I breathed.

“I know,” she responded.

(If it’s just a game...)

“Are you mad at me?” I blurted.

“I’m never mad at you. I can’t be.” she looked down.

Silence.

“I’ll walk you home?”

(Then I like the way that we play.)

“You used to do that a lot, didn’t you?” she spoke up.

“Am I not allowed to anymore?” I joked.

“Take me home then.” she held out her arm to me.

And I took her hand instead.

(I’m falling in love, but it’s falling apart.)

“You’re just friends, Hyukjae.” Jungsu reminded me when I returned home.

“I know.”

“As Donghae always tells you, you’re stuck in the friend zone with Hyoyeon.”

“I know.”

“She only sees you as that, a friend.”

“You really think I don’t know that, hyung?” I muttered, running a hand through my hair.

“Maybe you should try and forget her.” he advised.

(I need to find my way back to the start.)

When she came back to Korea from Japan shortly after the New Year, I was at the airport waiting.

She was shocked, and I just grinned, looking a whole lot like a fool.

“What are you doing here?” she hissed.

“Come on, the sun’s almost setting!”

With much protest, she was dragged away--by me--while her members stared on in pure amusement.

Though Taeyeon may have been slightly angered, I wasn’t sure.

She’s quite protective over her girls.

(I’m falling in love, but it’s falling apart.)

“What--are you crazy?” she shouted at me.

“Just a little,” I admitted with my signature grin. “Love makes you crazy.”

She gazed at me with an unreadable expression for a few seconds then mumbled something to herself and eventually flung herself down on the brown grass.

“Well, why are you just standing there?”

(I need to find my way back to the start.)

I laid myself next to her and tucked my hands behind my head.

“Remember how we used to do this?”

“I never forgot.” she turned her head a bit to smile at me.

(When we were in love, oh, things were better than they are.)

“Hyoyeon, who was your first kiss?” I asked out of the blue, as the sun was lowering.

She snorted. “Like you don’t know, you first-kiss-stealer.”

“Excuse me, but I thought you liked it.”

“Maybe I did, but...why did you kiss me anyway?” she countered. “Did you feel bad for me? Pitiful?”

“I liked you.” I confessed, shrugging.

Hyoyeon looked a little surprised. “Why?”

“You were...”

(Let me back into...)

“Perfect,” I told her, as the sky darkened.

She repeated my words dumbly and I had to correct myself.

“Sorry--are perfect.” I sat up.

“Flattery was always kind of your thing, huh?” Hyoyeon raised her hand up and I grabbed it, helping her up.

I continued holding the hand, her hand.

“I’m good at it, aren’t I?” I praised myself.

“Jerk,” she rolled her eyes.

But they were twinkling, like they were laughing.

(Into your arms.)

“Did you miss me in Japan?”

“Nah, Japanese guys are really cute.” she teased.

I scoffed then sighed. “Well, I missed you.”

“You’re a moron.”

She stepped closer to me and tiptoed to wrap her arms around my neck. I hugged her back and lifted her in the air for a few seconds--she smacked me, demanding me to put her down--and didn’t let her go.

“Did you ever stop loving me?”

“Not even once,” was her response.


Hm, so I've never really written in Eunhyuk's point of view before. Though I'll have to do it again pretty soon. (Hint~)

Anyways, the bolded parts were the lyrics of the song, if you listened to the song. Basically, the storyline is this: Hyoyeon and Eunhyuk used to be together, in love, but then it fell apart. Eunhyuk was still in love with her, and wanted to build their relationship back together.

I kind of jump around from past to present to past to present to different little memories and events. I tried a new style. This was the result?

Hope you all liked this as much as I liked writing this! Because I think procrastinating on homework to finish writing this was worth it. :)

Fluffy HyoHyuk is good for the soul.

/hyohyukwhoring