My Jealous Husband

My Jealous Husband

Sunggyu glared at the lady sitting opposite him, laughing not because of him. He regretted agreeing to her suggestion.

Why the hell had he?

Because she was conniving and manipulative, God damn it. And she had him wrapped around her little finger. She knew it and she took every damn advantage of it. Her puppy eyes would be the death of him.

And then there he was, sitting in the cafe, not getting an ounce of her attention. What on Earth was he even doing there, if he wasn't her focus

Look!

Look at her getting all shy and excited and trying not to squeal because the dude probably said something cute.

Urgh! Sunggyu rolled his eyes.

He was the one who took leave, he was the one who suggested they go out, and he even picked out her outfit! She looked so damn cute in her white summer dress with red flowers. But what use was all that when she wouldn't look at him? He was the one who drove her to the cafe, he was the one who bought her her favourite Caramel Ice Blended  with extra whipped cream, she should be focusing on him! Not some other dude!

She was his wife for God's sake! What did the other guy have that was so damn special that he took all her attention away? He felt like the third wheel, when he shouldn't even be.

Sunggyu was getting agitated by the second. This was supposed to be their date! Why did she have to bring that damn thing along?

Right. Because he said she could. That conniving, manipulative witch.

Sunggyu grabbed his wife's hands that were on the table and whined.

"Babe"

"Hmm?" She wouldn't even look at him! , he was annoyed

"Babe look at me."

"Hold on."

That's it!

Sunggyu stood and grabbed the book she was reading and slammed it on the table, shocking her and the patrons around them.

"Gyu? What's wrong? You done with your read?"

"No wonder you call it a 'book date'. You're basically dating the damn book! You're not even paying attention to me. This was supposed to be our date! Not between you and that stupid book!" Sunggyu glanced at the cover that showed a muscular shirtless man with a defined jawline and sculptured cheekbones backhugging a lady in a nightgown.

"He's not even that good-looking. Only that he's got some muscles on him. What's so special about him? Do you like muscled guys? Is that it? Should I start working out just to get your attention? Why even are we here if-"

He stopped when he saw her biting her lower lip stifling a smile. He hadn't realised he could be even more annoyed until her saw that.

"Why are you laughing? What is so funny?"

"Baby," she reached for his hands that were just seconds ago actively following his every word but he pulled back and glared at her. This caused her to grin amused, "Baby calm down."

"No! You think it's so funny don't you? I took leave just to go on a date with my wife but she's not paying me any attention. I'm done. I'm going back to work."

He walked out of the cafe, feeling even more annoyed when he heard his tailing wife chuckling. God damn it, he shouldn't have wasted his time.
She caught and backhugged him, effectively stopping him.

"Are you jealous of a book, baby?" She looked at him from his side, grinning widely.

He huffed, suddenly feeling childish now that she put it that way.

"I just would appreciate a little attention from my wife, especially when I took leave for her." He grumpily looked away, his ears slowly turning pink.

"Aww. I'm sorry baby. If you had plans you should have told me. I wouldn't have brought my book along. I thought you were okay with it since you brought your own read." She hugged him tighter.

Sunggyu sighed. She really had him wrapped around her finger, and the woman knew it.

"Don't worry, I love my fluffy husband just the way he is," she patted his tummy, then grinned when she heard him growl.

He turned around and gave her a full kiss that had her knees weak in the middle of the street, then smiled into the kiss when he felt her do the same.

"You, my dear manipulative wife, are going to be the death of me." he said as his forehead rested on hers.

"I know," she grinned in response. "Now let's go do what you initially had planned shall we?" She tapped his , "Before my grumpy cat of a fluffy husband starts sulking again."

Sunggyu rolled hia eyes, then grabbed his wife's hand, proceeding to do just as the little witch suggested.