Chapter 1 - Club Sandwich without fried bacon

Her dimple [ft. BTS]

Hana's note: Annyeong! First chapter and coming up first is V! So... here we go!

 

---

 

"Hey! Mian, have you been waiting for long?" I asked as I popped into the seat opposite V.

"Nope, not at all," V replied casually as he passed me the menu.

Liar, judging from the time he messaged me just now he must have waited for at least thirty minutes. "I'll just have the usual," I said and left the menu untouched.

V nodded and called the waiter over. "Two club sandwiches, one of them without the fried bacon. And two lattes, make one of them skinny."

I looked up at V, surprised at the orders he made. Yes, he had my usual order correct - club sandwich and latte. But it was the special requests that he mentioned that had me taken aback. That means he already knew-

"Your dance concert is coming up right?" V asked as the waiter walked away.

"Yeah… I was going to tell you about it too," I said. I'm not a fussy or picky eater and yeah, while my body looked fit enough (not boasting, just saying), I tend to feel cautious about what I eat whenever I have a performance coming up and V knew about this too. "How did you know about the concert? The notice board? Flyers?"

"Some girls from your club came over to tell me this morning, asking me to go and support them," V leaned back into the couch casually with his arms folded behind his head.

I rolled my eyes. "Oh right. I forgot you are Mr Popular," He also happened to be my childhood friend, so I knew him as Taehyung rather than the V he was commonly addressed as now. We used to live in the same neighbourhood when we were young and even attended the same school, for a period of time. The nickname 'V' was made up by some girls back then because of his signature V sign whenever he posed for photos.

 

 

V photo V_zpsbn4aokew.jpg

 

 

See what I mean?

That said, V has always been popular since back then, not just because of his height, his looks and his personality, but also because… because…

"Is something wrong? You looked like you're in a daze." V's voice brought me out of my thoughts and I suddenly found him peering closely at me.

"Oh! Nothing in particular! So are you going to go support them?" I asked, taking a sip from my glass of water. Yeah, because V was 'boyfriend material' - observant, thoughtful and caring.

"Nope. But I'll go and support you. You have my ticket right?" V leaned back into his seat again and asked.

"Yup, here you go," I passed him the ticket which he then kept away in his wallet.

"Here are your orders," the waiter proceeded to set the food on our table. "Enjoy."

"Let me know your dance schedule. I'll pick you up at night," V said as he digged into his club sandwich.

"Taehyung ah…" I began to object.

"Do the night practices start today? They end at 10pm right? Or are they going to be till midnight like the last time?" He asked while wiping the crusts from his lips.

"Tomorrow. And I can just take the public transport or get a cab home myself after the practices. You really don't have to trouble yourself-"

"You know that will worry me," he asked, his chin propped on his right hand and his deep brown eyes looking seriously right back at me.

 

photo bts-v-9_zpsmfuycij1.jpg

 

Yikes. And with that, I shut up.

"That settles," he smiled, a twinkle now back in his eyes, and went back to eating his sandwich.

I sighed. There was just no point in arguing with him. He had never hesitated about sending me home during late nights and would probably never change his mind on the matter too.

I just started on my sandwich when my phone screen lit up. I put down the sandwich and took it up to read the message.

******************************************************

"I have some stuff to deal with tonight. Will drop by tomorrow."

******************************************************

Ah, I should tell him about the practices too... Although he has probably heard about the dance conc-

"Mum asked about you. She missed you. Said you haven't visited for quite some time already."

"Oh." I quickly put my phone away to give V my attention. "Sorry. Tell her I'll visit soon. How about this Sunday? Late afternoon."

"You have something on before that?"

"Yeah. Kookie's coming over to fix on a new ceiling light for me. He managed to find the design that I had been looking for."

"Hmm. Why didn't you ask me for help?" V asked, sipping his latte.

"Well... you were busy with your photography project. So I didn't want to trouble you. Anyway, you know how Kookie is good with DIYs and fixing stuff. I figured he would be the right person to go to," I said, trying to sound convincing. Well, technically speaking these are the reasons why I didn't go to V for help. But of course, there's that other reason too…

"Ah… Isn't he busy with making deliveries though? And also, there's that vocational training school he has started attending right?" V asked, somewhat casually.

"His exams just finished. Maybe that's why he's more free now." I explained, equally casually.

"I see," V said with a smile and went back to eating his sandwich.

And with that, I was let off the hook.

We spent the rest of the time in the cafe and in his car chatting about his photography project and my upcoming dance performance. V dropped me off at my workplace on his way home.

I looked as he drove off, wondering if I was really let off the hook once and for all.

 
 
---
 
 
Hana's note: And hehe, what do you guys think about their relationship so far? I would love to hear your thoughts! Hope you guys liked the images of V as well! And... I wonder who that text message is from... :D