001

No One But You

“Who are you?”

Jimin flashes Jungkook a toothy grin. “I told you. My name is Park Jimin.”

“How do you know my real name?” Jungkook frowns. He needs an answer, but it feels as if Jimin is trying to make fun of him.

“Why?” A bit serious now, Jimin replies with a question back.

Slightly infuriated, Jungkook grabs Jimin’s hand and directs him to an empty alley. He grips Jimin’s shoulders and forces the other to look straight into his eyes. “Look. I am not interested in games. Okay, Park Jimin. Answer me properly. How do you know that I am Kookie and that my real name is Jeon Jungkook?”

“Kook-ah, you’re hurting me.” Jimin whines. He tries to push Jungkook away but the other slams him hard on the bricked wall behind him. “Ouch…”

“Why are you calling me Kook? No one else calls me that but…”

“Chim?” Jimin finishes his sentence.

Jungkook becomes speechless. What exactly is going on? How does this little guy know about Chim as well? He let go of Jimin and steps backwards. “Who are you, really?”

Jimin shrugs, massaging his shoulders a bit after Jungkook gripped them hard and tight. “This would be the third time. My name is Park Jimin. How many times do I have to tell you that?”

“Damn it. This won’t work.” Jungkook punches the air and is about to walk away again when Jimin tugs on his shirt.

“Wait. Can I come with you?”

“What?”

Jimin grins again. “I left home.”

“What!?”

Jimin pouts. “What is so shocking about that? Hey, I’m 23 years old okay? I can leave home whenever I want.”

“You left home? You sure you didn’t run away from home? Wait…” Jungkook slaps his own cheek hard, trying to get a grip on reality. “Why do I even bother asking? In fact, why am I having this conversation with you right now? I must be crazy.”

Jungkook is about to leave for the second time when Jimin once again tugs on his shirt. “Kook-ah, are you going to leave me here? I didn’t bring anything with me.”

“Stop calling me Kook! No one else is allowed to call me that but Chim.” Jungkook snaps.

Jimin chuckles at his response. He likes how Jungkook gets so upset about him calling the other Kook. “You’re so cute when you’re mad. Then I’ll call you Kookie.”

Shocked, Jungkook immediately places a hand over Jimin’s mouth. “Don’t say that out loud.”

“Mhmm hmmm hmm.” Jimin muffles against Jungkook’s palm.

“What did you say?”

“Mhmmm hm mhmm mhm.” Jimin muffles again.

Annoyed, Jungkook takes his hand off Jimin. “Speak.”

“Let me come with you.” Jimin says rather firmly.

Jungkook rolls his eyes. Someone he doesn’t know is asking to follow him. Today must not be his lucky day. “Why should I? I should just bring you to the police station and see what the officers would do to you.”

“You wouldn’t dare to do that. And you should let me come with you. Oh, you really should. Otherwise, I will reveal who you are. Kookie. The author of Blue Tears. You know how fast the world works through Internet now, don’t you? All I have to do is a post a picture of you online and then boom! Everyone will know you.” Jimin says calmly, knowing that Jungkook couldn’t say no to that.

Jungkook glares at Jimin.

And Jimin smiles happily back.

Jungkook groans. “Oh for god’s sake.”

 

“Whoa, your house is really nice!”

Jungkook heaves out a sigh. He now sits in his living room, watching as Jimin goes from room to room, exploring his house. He ruffles his own hair, regretting everything. “Why did I let him come here? Ugh!”

Jimin smiles on his own, he could hear Jungkook loud and clear. He walks towards Jungkook next. Jimin jumps on the sofa next to Jungkook. “Kookie, why did you write Blue Tears? Where did you get the inspiration to write the story?”

“Why are you asking me all this suddenly?” Jungkook stands up. Jimin follows him. Jungkook frowns and sits back down. Jimin copies his action. “Okay, are you doing this on purpose?”

“No.” Jimin replies, sending him an innocent look.

“You’re certainly doing this to irritate me.” Jungkook says.

“No, why would I do that?” Jimin shakes his head a few times trying to convince the other.

“Okay, Jimin. We need to have a serious talk.” Jungkook moves over to the sofa at the opposite direction. When Jimin moves along, Jungkook points at him. “Stop and just sit there.”

Jimin juts his lower lip and sits down with a sulky face.

Jungkook inhales a long breath and stares at the other. “I don’t know you, okay? All that I know is that your name is Park Jimin and you’re 23 years old and you just ran away from home–”

“Left home. The correct term is I left home.” Jimin cuts him off.

“Whatever. Ran away or left home, it’s the same thing. I don’t know why and how you know that I am the author of Blue Tears or my real name because I never reveal myself to others except for a few close friends and my family.” Jungkook continues.

“But… you’re very well-known though.” Jimin says.

“What do you mean? Who else other than you know about me?”

“I don’t mean you as in Kookie. I mean you as in Jeon Jungkook. You’re very famous at your university. You’re a part-time model, aren’t you? All those girls were waiting for you outside the gate and–” Jimin widen his eyes at his own mistake. “I mean, urm…”

“You’re acting very suspicious right now. Did you follow me to my school? Are you a psycho? A serial killer? A stalker?” Jungkook starts to feel uneasy.

“Pfft – if I am a serial killer or something I would’ve killed you the moment we arrive. And what psycho? Everyone is a little crazy inside.” Jimin says.

Everyone is a little crazy inside.

Jungkook knows that line. It’s in his book. It’s his character’s famous line. Wook. What is this? Is this all just a pure coincidence? “That’s it. You better show me your ID before I turn into a killer. I will bury you alive in my backyard.”

“Wow, you’re so cruel! So scary!” Jimin pretends to be scared before he snickers at Jungkook. “I know you’re not that kind of person. I’m not an alien or whatsoever, why do you need my ID? I’m a safe person. I won’t do anything to you. I’m completely harmless. If anything, I should be afraid of you. You’re taller than me. I’m smaller in comparison. You actually look like you can kill me anytime you want.”

Jungkook hates how he is agreeing to Jimin’s logic in silence. “Why me? Why do you follow me? If you’re not a psycho or a serial killer, you must be a stalker then. That’s not any less different than the first two.”

“You’re offending me.”

“Then who the heck is you? I want to know more than just a name for me to trust you enough to let you stay here.” Ah. Jungkook regrets the moment he says it.

Jimin stands up in excitement and goes towards Jungkook who already lowered his head as if his life just ended. “You’re going to let me stay? You’re really going to let me stay?”

Jungkook groans under his breath. “Kill me.”

“I won’t kill you. But you said it, you’re going to let me stay.” Jimin cups Jungkook’s face in his small hands, narrowing the distance between them two. “Kookie, thank you!”

The tingling sensation, something Jungkook haven’t felt for a long time. Something flutters again. He pushes Jimin away from him at once and stands with red cheeks. “You!” He points towards Jimin. “Don’t just touch me carelessly.”

Jimin chuckles seeing how embarrassed Jungkook is. “Why not?”

“Because… it’s forbidden.” Jungkook just sputters whatever comes across his mind. “And it is common sense. You’re not… supposed to touch someone who you just meet. Especially when that person isn’t very fond of you. Y-You got it?”

“Not very fond of?” Jimin repeats Jungkook’s words and tilts his head to his side. “Well guess what? I guess I’ll have to make you like me then.”

I’ll have to make you like me then.

Jungkook feels hotter. “What do you mean? It’s not the same thing.”

“But it is. You’re not fond of me. You dislike me. Same thing.” Jimin’s logic starts to work again.

“Stop that. It’s not. I’m just saying we’re not close enough to…”

“Then let’s get close! What’s so hard about that?” Jimin interrupts before Jungkook could finish his sentence.

Jungkook shakes his head in disbelief. “I think when you say you left home you must mean a mental hospital didn’t you?”

Jimin burst into laughter. “Are you insane? Wait, you actually think I’m crazy? I’m perfectly normal Kookie. I told you right, everyone is a little crazy inside. I’m still sane though, thanks for your concern.”

“Then explain to me. This is very illogical right now, don’t you think so? I met you in a book shop. You know my identity. You know my real name. I allow you to enter my house. And now you’re staying here. Yet I am absolutely clueless about who you might be. What could be crazier than this?” Jungkook speaks without a pause.

“Calm down, Jungkook. Everything happens for a reason. You’ll soon know why I’m here. Right now, I need to take a shower.” Jimin says. “I’ll have to borrow your clothes.”

“What makes you think I’ll actually let you take a shower in my house?” Jungkook asks the obvious.

“Well it’s fine with me if you’re eager to let yourself be known as Kookie.” Jimin says, challenging the other.

“I really should just kill you.”

“Oh, but you wouldn’t dare.”

Jungkook sighs for the billionth time. His evening looks gloomy all of a sudden.

 

“Are you done? You’ve been in there for an hour.” Jungkook waits anxiously outside his own bedroom. Who knows what Jimin might be doing inside of his room?

At that second, the door flung open. Jimin peeks, showing only his wet hair and his fresh face. Jungkook glares at him and makes a gesture for him to come outside. When Jimin did though, Jungkook is baffled as the pajama he let Jimin use is totally oversized, making him looks like a girl wearing her boyfriend’s clothes.

“It’s quite big on me.” Jimin says.

At that time, Jungkook could only stare. Jimin looks kind of… cute. Wait, what? Jungkook immediately cut his own thought off. “You’re smaller than I thought. You must be super short. You look like a girl too.”

“Hey! I’m not that short, okay? And what do you mean I look like a girl? I’m very manly. You just don’t know that.” Jimin grunts. “Why do I always get teased for my height? Am I really that small?” He mumbles alone.

Jungkook smiles unknowingly. Then, he keeps back his poker face on. “You can sleep in the living room. You’re not allowed to enter my room the whole night till morning. You understand?”

“I want to sleep next to you.” Jimin protests.

“You’re crazy. I would never let you sleep next to me. I don’t even know you. And for your information, I never let anyone else touch my bed except for me.” Jungkook says.

“Not even Chim?” Jimin teases the other, one of his brows raised.

Jungkook raises his brow as well. “Good question. How do you know Chim? You keep mentioning his name.”

“Oh I know all about you Kookie. And I know how Blue Tears is based on your real life experience.” Jimin says. Then, he mutters something upon making his second mistake.

“Are you a member of FBI?”

Jungkook’s incredulous question got Jimin laughing. “You can say so.”

“No, I am serious. Park Jimin, who are you for real?” Jungkook asks again. His curiosity is growing bigger and he’s starting to get nervous for no reason. He could listen to his own heartbeats, as if someone just found out about his biggest secret. But it’s true. Blue Tears was written based on his real life experience; another secret he wouldn’t tell anyone. But Park Jimin knows it. This is getting out of hand. He needs to know who exactly Jimin is.

“You… really don’t know?”

“Come on, stop playing games with me. You know too much about me. I bet you can even write a biography about me. But why do you know all the important secrets I kept from everyone?” Jungkook asks. Then, a short gasp leaves him. “Are you… there is no other possible reason except for that. But… you can’t be… it’s crazy.”

Jimin smiles. “Are you asking if I’m Chim? Or Wook? The guy that suddenly disappeared from your life for years?”

Jungkook’s head starts to ache. “You’re not… Chim… aren’t you? Come to think of it… you act exactly like him. You even say the same thing. Chim…?”

Flashbacks starts to fill Jungkook’s head. He still remembers how Wook or Chim approached him that one sunny day in a bookshop at town. He could still remember himself, or Jung, crying endlessly the moment he knows that Chim is taken away by his family.

Jimin feels guilty. He shouldn’t have said more. He breathes in and out before finally saying, “I’m not Chim.”

Disappointed. Jungkook is disappointed. What was he expecting anyway? He lets out a shaky laugh. “Of course. Of course you’re not Chim. Even if you are, I wouldn’t know. I couldn’t see back then. A blind kid. A blind kid that even his parents wouldn’t accept. I’m nothing.”

“You’re not nothing! Chim loves you with all of his heart, that is not a lie.” Jimin says.

Jungkook throws his hands in the air. “You don’t know anything. How would you know that? You said you’re not him.”

“I know! I know because… he is my twin brother.”

 

A/N: A crappy chapter! Oh my gosh, I’m sorry guys. So yeah, you have to read the prologue to know the story behind Chim/Wook and Jungkook/Jung. My plots are quite complicated. You’ll have to see until the end to understand. I aim for the quite nonsense plus illogical drama kind of story where two strangers could get so close in one day. Also, English is not my first language so please excuse my grammatical errors if any. I’m using first point of view because I’m comfortable with it nowadays. And my style of writing is quite simple if it’s not angst themed. Hope it suits your taste.

If you enjoyed this chapter so far, let me know what you think in the comment section below because I really love comments. It’s a motivation for me to keep on writing. If you want to read more of this, hit subscribe button and if you think that you like this, please support me by voting. Thanks everyone!