1.0

Daydream

567 days ago

 

Jonghyun stood there with a proud smile on his face as he watched Minhyun walk up to the stage where BoA was standing. The crowd was still cheering so loudly he couldn't hear his own thoughts, it was a surprise how popular the show had gotten.

He listened to the handsome emperor give his thankful words to Pledis' staff and all the fans who were able to get him there. Jonghyun had never felt happier, Minhyun finally made it. He would be a part of the country's hottest group, he would finally get the recognition he deserves. Nothing could make the love of his life happier.

The smile stayed on Jonghyun's face as the numbers decreased and his friends went up on stage, one by one getting to let out the breath they were holding and having their dream of debut come true. Inside, he could feel a slight lump growing in his throat. When the time came to reveal the two 1st place candidates, he could feel his heartbeat increasing.

Jonghyun had mentally prepared himself for losing, his rank had been dropping steadily and as long as s got in, he would be happy. Still, there was a burning feeling inside him that wanted his face to appear on the screen.

The crowd went wild as Daniel and Jihoon grinned, excited to see theimselves on the huge screens above. Jonghyun's smile still didn't drop. He was happy for them both, they were hardworking and both surely deserved to be the nation's 1st pick.

After that everything went by so fast and suddenly he heard the crowd cheering loudly as all the trainees were hugging each other, congratulations and sorrys going around. He spotted Minhyun who was crying, Dongho hugging him comfortingly.

Jonghyun quickly found his way to the boy who was still crying, hugging him and congratulating the taller one again. Minhyun clearly couldn't control his crying as he walked farther away, trying to get away from the cameras. Jonghyun sighed heavily, he was always like that. Minhyun never wanted to let people see him cry, he didn't want to upset anyone else. The boy's sweet heart was one of the reasons that made Jonghyun fall hesd over heels for him.

Jonghyun left the boy alone, going to congratulate the others and comofrt everyone who didn't get in. Yet he couldn't stop his eyes from wandering to find Minhyun, his heart breaking at the sight. Minhyun should be happy, he should be celebrating. Not feeling sad because of s. Jonghyun wished for once the boy would put himself before others.

 

That night the athmosphere was down. They were eating at a restaurant to celebrate Minhyun making it into the top 11 and the others making it that far. Jonghyun thought it was supposed to be fun, excited, happy. But the whole mood was down. Minhyun still let out a tear from time to time and wouldn't cheer up. All the members tried comforting him but he wouldn't be happy for himself.

It was past midnight and they were about to finish and leave to the dorms, when Minki suddenly gasped loudly. Jonghyun looked up from the table, Minhyun comfortably leaning against him, and saw the younger boy stare at his phone in shock.

Dongho asked him what was it and he showed the screen to the others. Now all mouths were open as Jonghyun saw on the screen the real time Melon chart, with many of their old songs showing up on the ranks. He couldn't believe his eyes.

How? Why? When? What??? He quickly took out his own phone, as did their manager, and opened up Twitter. Suddenly his timeline was blowing up with different tweets of Melon and Naver charts, with 'Hello' in third and songs like Action and Face rising up.

They all looked at each other and Minki broke the silence by yelling a string of celebrational "whoos". In a second they were hugging and congratulating themselves, Jonghyun still not believing it was happening.

Minhyun's grieving and the bad mood was all gone and everyone seemed to forget about anything that was to come, just happiness in all four minds.

They had finally made it.

 

a/n

this is kinda short and feels a bit boring but i stg it's gonna get better over time bear with me