Your Husband, only

Hubby

A/N: Hey readers. I’ve wanted to write this for a while, ever since that recent interview RV did, where Joohyun calls Seulgi “husband”. I don’t know who or what was sacrificed for them to be this clingy, and all over each other lately, but I thank them. Their sacrifice will not be in vain. So, please enjoy this fic.


 

“Husband.”

 

It had been several hours since, Joohyun had so casually referred to, Seulgi as husband during the interview. Seulgi, succeeded in not overreacting too much to what her girlfriend had said to her. At the time of the interview, she was definitely internally freaking out. How are they supposed to continue being lowkey, when Joohyun makes moves like that. She looked right at her, and called her husband. It was their thing, something that was private between them, and now it’s not so private any longer. The fans have already said for some time they look like a married couple. Joohyun, has definitely made sure they will continue to be seen as a such. It’s not that, Seulgi minds of course. She will gladly be, Bae Joohyun’s “Hubby” anytime.


 

“Husband.” The words again invade her mind. Seulgi, can also hear the playful, cute tone in Joohyun’s voice when she said it. Seulgi knows their fans will be happy. Seulrene shippers react quite well to their moments. Any sort of moment they have sends their shippers into a frenzy. It was something the monolid singer had to get used to. It overwhelmed her at first. The fan reaction to her and Joohyun was quite intense, and they began shipping them. It made her uncomfortable in the beginning, only not for the initial reasons, Joohyun had first thought. Which led to disagreements, until finally they were able to talk it out.

 

(Flashback)
 

Seulgi was getting fed up with Joohyun’s silent treatment. She’s interacting with everyone else but her. It continued on this way, Joohyun ignoring her in every way possible. It was quite clear to the rest of the members that they were in some sort of fight. When Joohyun didn’t even accept Seulgi’s offered hand while getting out of the van. The members gasped at the sight of the leader rejecting the bear-like girl. It didn’t end there either, as Joohyun continued ignoring Seulgi’s presence at the dorm as well. The monolid girl knew that she would have to be the one to approach the raven first. Seungwan, had all but begged her to work things out with, Joohyun, and to not let their issue get too out of hand.

 

Seulgi definitely didn’t want things to blow up further than this. So she waited until everyone else went to bed. She gently grabbed, Joohyun by the arm. There was no real struggle to pull away, so Seulgi lead the way to the older girl’s bedroom. The very second they get inside the room, Joohyun demands to know why Seulgi is pulling her anywhere.

 

“Who are you to just drag me to my room like this, Seul?” Joohyun wanted to know, only Seulgi cups her face softly in her hands. She then leans down to kiss her lips. Joohyun resisted for all of a few seconds, before eagerly kissing the slightly taller girl back. It has been too long since they were able to do this. It feels like forever since, Joohyun felt Seulgi’s lips covering her own. She wants to get lost in the moment. Think and feel nothing but, Seulgi’s soft, pink lips meeting hers, over and over. Of course it doesn’t last as long as she wants. Seulgi ends the kiss abruptly, much to the annoyance of Joohyun. The shorter girl whines when Seulgi ends the kiss. They were just really getting started, how rude to end the kiss so soon.

 

“I hate it when you do that.” Joohyun admits.

 

“What, stop kissing you?” The brunette teases.

 

“Yes!” She frowns. “You shouldn’t just stop so suddenly. Not when, I like kissing you so much.”

 

“I like kissing you too.” Seulgi admits. “What I don’t like is your silent treatment.”

 

The raven nods. She doesn’t like it either. It hurts her to have to pretend to not be interested in anything Seulgi says. It hurts more when she can’t cling onto her as much as she wants. There is no person’s arms she wants to be in more than Seulgi’s. Her first instinct is always to reach for Seulgi, and not being able to do so always causes pain. She has been distancing herself more from Seulgi, not because she wants to. It’s more she thinks it’s what Seulgi wants.

 

“I thought it would be better this way, Seul.”

 

“Why?” She blinks, confused. “How is it better to ignore me, or reject me every chance you get.”

 

Joohyun flinches at the sad tone coming from Seulgi. The very last thing she wanted to do was make her feel bad. She has to explain what’s going on, at least on her end of things.

 

“I noticed that over time it makes you uncomfortable, how some of our fans ship us. I thought maybe it would be better for you this way.”

 

Joohyun is thoughtful. Seulgi understands what she is saying to her. She thinks that it bothers her that their fans ship them. That’s not what’s going on here.

 

“Hyunnie. I’m not uncomfortable by that. You know why I act like it in public, it’s so no one gets suspicious. We can’t exactly come out as a couple here.”

 

Joohyun knows that they can’t. It’s just difficult not being able to touch her at all in public. She knows she can’t possibly touch her the way she wants to, or even in the intimate ways she does when they are alone. It’s not too much to ask for hands to hold, a shoulder to lean on, or just simple eye contact between them. It also hurts when Seulgi shrugs away from her touch. The whole time, Joohyun thought it was because she was uncomfortable due to the fans. When in reality, it’s more a matter of Seulgi not wanting people to get too suspicious of their actual relationship.

 

Sure the fans would be ecstatic to know that Seulrene exists in real life, and that they have actually been together for quite some time. The rest of Korea, would most certainly not be on board. Joohyun leans over and kisses her forehead.

 

“I understand, Seul, but I don’t think I could go without some sort of skinship in public. We know we’re together, and it’s going to be okay. Please, don’t be afraid to touch me, baby.”

 

Whenever they are alone, or on one of their impromptu dates. There is never the need to hide their relationship. Kisses are given freely without fear of someone finding out. Hands are held right away without anyone pulling away suddenly. It’s the norm for them to be laid up cuddling, or Joohyun sprawled all over her body in various ways.

 

“Okay.” Seulgi nods. She understands what Joohyun is saying. No, they can’t like kiss for real in public. That doesn’t mean there can’t be anything at all, hands being held, or simple sitting close like they would normally do.

 

“I’ll be less afraid, Hyunnie.”

 

“Good.” The older girl nods. “To be honest, no one would think we’re together, anyway. We are sometimes very awkward. You, especially babe.” She gently teases with a kiss to her lips this time.

 

“Hyunnie, it’s not…”

 

The knowing look the raven gives her makes, Seulgi be quiet. It’s true that there have been many chances for Joohyun to be affectionate with her, and engage in skinship with her. It’s also true that, Seulgi has been the main reason why it didn’t work as it should have.

 

“Okay, I’m awkward.”

 

Joohyun laughs in amusement. “It’s okay. I love you, anyway.”

 

(End)

 

That conversation happened some time ago. They both made the decision to be less awkward with one another. This year they have been showing more of their natural affection for one another. Seulgi, less afraid to touch her girlfriend. Still, she was trying to be lowkey. If only it weren’t for a certain leader working hard to expose them it seems. Joohyun, has been so bold lately with her, more so than usual. At this rate, if people aren’t already thinking they are secretly together. Then they surely will soon. It’s Joy that confronts them first when they are all alone, after the interview has happened.

 

“Jeez, unnie. Can you be anymore obvious?” The taller girl directs her comment to Joohyun.

 

“What, I didn’t do anything.”

 

Joy looks at her with wide, exaggerated eyes. She didn’t do anything? Really, is that what she says isn’t anything. The girl just called, Seulgi husband so casually for everyone to see.

 

“Unnie, you’re already way too obvious with the constant heart eyes. Plus, you look at Seulgi-unnie like you want to eat her, both literally and figuratively. We understand that your thirst is real, Joohyun-unnie, but this is something else entirely. You called her husband! Where, all the fans can see and hear. You know your fans are already freaking out and planning your wedding for you.”

 

Seungwan uses the time to give Joy’s hand a gentle squeeze. The girl is over the top per usual. She’s not entirely wrong though. Seulrene fans, are without a doubt going crazy over that small few seconds of, Joohyun calling Seulgi husband.

 

“Sooyoung, calm down.” She tells her. “I think most of their fans can already sense that they’re together for real. Seriously, though?” The shorter member sighs. “You had to call her, Hubby?” She then teases the couple about it.

 

Seulgi can only chuckle nervously. She doesn’t want to really get into it, as to where the nickname came from. Joohyun’s response is of course something else entirely. She links arms with the monolid girl, and rests her head on her shoulder.

 

“Do you have a problem with my calling her hubby?” The raven asks with a serious tone, that matches the glare in her eyes.

 

“W-what, no.” The tallest laughs. “Of course not. You already look like a married couple, anyway.”

 

“Yeah.” Seungwan agrees. “You’re married, and Yerimie is obviously your child.”

 

Joy frowns. She doesn’t like to be left out, and if anyone is a daughter too it would be her.

 

“Yah, I’m their daughter too!”

 

Joohyun looks at Joy like she wants to murder her. She has one daughter, and that is Yeri. She doesn’t claim Joy.

 

“I don’t have any daughter like you. You and Seungwan, are both the annoying Aunt’s.”

 

“We’re, Aunt’s?” Seungwan reacts first.

 

“We’re, annoying?” Joy also loudly exclaims.

 

“You heard my wife.” Seulgi nods in agreement with Joohyun. “You’re the annoying Aunt’s. You should be grateful that you’re not stepchildren.”

 

Joohyun beams up at the monolid girl she loves. That’s her “hubby”, always there to back her up. It’s time for them to get out of there now, they’ve spent enough time with the Aunt’s.

 

“Well, my hubby and I need to be alone. Goodbye.” Joohyun makes sure that their arms are fully linked, before leading the way to her bedroom.

 

“Yah, Mom, Dad. Please be quiet if you’re going to have tonight.” Joy has to tease.

 

“I would never have a daughter like you, Joy.” The older girl lets her know once again.

 

“Yeah, yeah. I just need you to be quiet if you’re going to have , seriously. I would like to get some sleep tonight.”

 

The only thing that Joy and Seungwan hear is the sound of the door closing shut.

 

“You know, they have been all over each other lately.” Seungwan admits. As these days ever since ISAC, they both have been more clingy to one another. It’s a surprise especially to see, Seulgi engaging in skinship with Joohyun. Whatever they discussed it must have only strengthened their relationship. No doubt their fans are shook by all the most recent behavior.

 

“Hey, Wan-unnie. Are you thinking what I’m thinking?”

 

“That they actually went somewhere to get married?”

 

At this point, it’s highly likely that on one of those dates. Seulgi and Joohyun flew somewhere they could go get married. Nothing surprises any of the members anymore as far as their relationship. There’s probably some sort of marriage certificate laying around, or wedding bands for all they know. Seungwan may have been thinking logical thoughts like that. Joy on the other hand is definitely not.

 

“No.” Joy shakes her head. “Do you think that, Joohyun-unnie calls her daddy too? Because I bet on my greatest love, chicken, that she definitely calls, Seulgi-unnie, daddy. You know how she whines to her sometimes, “Seulgi-yah, Seulgi-yah.” Joy impersonates the oldest whiny, needy voice that she does only with Seulgi. It’s hard for Seungwan to not want to laugh at the terrible impression. However, she does look at Joy in disbelief. She most certainly wasn’t thinking anything like what the younger girl is. If for some reason Joohyun does call Seulgi daddy too. That’s really no one’s business but theirs.

 

“Why don’t you stand outside of Joohyun-unnies room to spy and find out?” Wendy teases. Joy looks thoughtful, and then nods.

 

“Yes! Sounds like a plan.”

 

“No, no hold on.” The shorter girl grabs her arm. “Leave them alone. They don’t spend as much time together as they want, come crash with me tonight.”

 

Joy takes one look at Seungwan and smiles suggestively. That sounds like an invitation if she has ever heard on. She knew her unnie had a thing for her, but not to the point she wants to have with her.

 

“Unnie, I know you want me and all. But, please keep your hands to yourself.” Joy feigns being proper. Seungwan throws her head back and laughs. She grabs Joy’s hand.

 

“Don’t worry Joy. I don’t want you that bad, now let’s go.”

 

“You’re such a liar, unnie. I know you want me, you know you want me. I don’t blame you for your thirst.”

 

“Yeah, keep telling yourself that, Joy. I’m really just trying to make sure you don’t sneak out to spy on them.”

 

“Ew, of course not. They might actually be in there getting ready to bang each other. I don’t want to know about it.”

 

“Well…” Seungwan begins. “Let’s just leave them alone. They deserve whatever time they can get.”


 

A belief that the couple share with each other too. Sometimes it feels like even if they are in the same space. They don’t get to be as together as they want. Which is why, Seulgi spends as much time she can with Joohyun here in her room. It’s no secret that the raven can’t sleep well alone. She doesn’t like to be alone, something Seulgi has known about her for many years. It’s certainly true now as Joohyun waits for Seulgi to finish changing for bed. She’s in her bed alone without a certain bear to keep her warm, and Joohyun doesn’t like that.

 

“Babe?” She whines out. “Hurry up, and come to bed.”

 

“I’m almost done.” Seulgi calls out from the dark corner of the room. She’s changing into something more comfortable. Joohyun doesn’t know why she’s hiding her body so.

 

“I already seen it all.” The older girl mumbles in annoyance. They’ve already seen everything of one another, what’s the point in hiding it now. More importantly, Joohyun really is cold and wants cuddles now.

 

“Hubby, if you don’t come to bed soon….” She begins.

 

“I’m coming. You’re so needy, Hyunnie.” Seulgi teases and hurries to get in bed with her girlfriend. Right away, Joohyun latches onto her. Seulgi really is like a warm teddy bear. The taller girl wraps an arm around her, bringing her close. The raven snuggles into her with her head on her chest.

 

“Are you upset?” Joohyun whispers to her.

 

“Upset about, what?”

 

“That I pretty much exposed us earlier.” She refers to the fact, she called her hubby in the interview. That is really something that was between them for so long. It is a bit strange to think now it’s shared with the world, so to speak. Seulgi isn’t upset, though. She’s just a bit surprised.

 

“I’m not upset, Hyunnie. I’m surprised you did that.”

 

Joohyun looks up with a smile in her eyes. “Are you really?”

 

“No.” Seulgi nods, and kisses her forehead. “Not really. The first time you did, though…”


 

(Flashback)

 

They were in the kitchen as usual, having their meal together. It’s a thing they have done together for so long. The rest of the members know how they like to eat together. So, they leave them to their kitchen moments. Joohyun was in the middle of trying to feed, Seulgi. But the monolid girl was in and out of sleep. Joohyun ends up missing and catching her cheek with sauce.

 

“Hubby, I swear. You’re like the messy spouse I have to constantly take care.”

 

Seulgi may have been half out of it, but she definitely heard that. Joohyun is looking at her in slight disapproval as she wipes the sauce from her cheek. The bear-like girl is looking at her as if she has suddenly grown two heads.

 

“What’s wrong?”

 

There is nothing except for silence. Joohyun wonders if somehow, Seulgi’s soul has left her body. It wouldn’t be the first time.

 

“What’s the matter? Are you remembering the first time you saw me, and you were so surprised by my beauty?” Joohyun teases her, as by now who doesn’t know the story by heart. Seulgi still to this day explains how she felt the first time she ever saw her. It’s sweet actually, romantic even. Seulgi snaps out of it when Joohyun does this.

 

“What did you just say?”

 

“Were you thinking about the first time you saw me?” Joohyun asks back.

 

“No. Not that part, before that.”

 

“What’s wrong?” The raven teases, as she knows exactly what Seulgi is talking about.

 

“Hyunnie?” Seulgi pouts in frustration. “No, you know what you said. You called me…”

 

The brunette doesn’t want to repeat it, because Joohyun might have been kidding. She does that a lot, tease and play around.

 

“I called you….” The older girl wants for her to say it.

 

“Don’t make me say it.” Seulgi puts her hands over her face, and pushes her hair back. She knows she will end up saying it though, as why not when it comes to Joohyun. She always gets what she wants.

 

“No, tell me what did I say?”

 

Seulgi takes a deep breath and decides to just say it fast. “YoucalledmeHubby.” She shouts in one breath.

 

“Excuse me, please speak slower so I can hear you, Seul.”

 

“You called me, Hubby.”

 

Joohyun nods and cups her face in her hands. Then to Seulgi’s surprise she leans forward to kiss her lips. She takes a few moments to respond to the familiar lips and kiss. They end up in an intense lip lock soon. Joohyun runs her fingers through her brown locks, pulling her a bit closer to her. After a few minutes of non-stop kissing, Joohyun pulls away first. She adds a few soft pecks to her lips before speaking.

 

“I did. Why, don’t you want to be my hubby?” She questions in such a low, y tone of voice. Seulgi’s face heats up so red right away. She almost can’t believe that her girlfriend said this.

 

“I, uh….”

 

“What’s wrong with being my hubby?” Joohyun her cheek tenderly before kissing her again. Anything Seulgi wanted to say to that dies on pink lips. Joohyun’s lips are always so soft against her own. It’s hard to stop from just one kiss. Seulgi does pull away though, and makes the shorter girl groan.

 

“Mm, I hate it when you stop suddenly.”

 

“I know.” Seulgi nods with a small smile. “I’m sorry, but since when did I become your husband?”

 

This is sure news to, Seulgi. Sure, people have mentioned before they look like a married couple. From their V-live alone and it continued on, with people always mentioning how good they look together. Seulgi won’t argue with that at all. They do fit perfectly together, and it’s something many people can see.

 

“You’ve always been my husband.” Joohyun tells her. “I am also already your wife too. Are we not sitting here, eating breakfast together, like any couple?”

 

“Yeah, true. Plus, you always boss me around like a wife.” Seulgi laughs, even though Joohyun is glaring at her from across the table.

 

“Who do I come whining to when I’m scared. I come to you just like any wife does to her husband, so again you are my husband. Unless, there is a problem with that?”

 

“Nope.” The monolid girl nods. “No, problem at all, wifey.” She adds tenderly with a final kiss to her lips. She’s been called a lot of things, but being Joohyun’s “husband” for sure has to be one of the best.

 

(End)


 

“You were so shocked when I said it.” Joohyun reminds her.

 

“I was. I almost couldn’t believe it at first.”

 

“Well, you’d better get used to it. I am still upset with you by the way.”

 

Seulgi swallowed nervously. It’s not a good thing when Joohyun is upset, and that’s sometimes because she is jealous and possessive when it comes to her.

 

“Um, why?”

 

Joohyun sits up and hits her in the arm. There is a cute, angry frown on her face.

 

“How could you just say you’re everyone’s husband that way!” The raven demands to know. She was so pissed when her girlfriend. Her freaking girlfriend, love, and teddy bear so boldly said she would be everyone’s husband. All those fangirls of hers are already too thirsty as it is. So, how the hell is she going to really say that so casually. Seulgi is no one’s husband but hers.

 

“Oh, Hyunnie...it was just for the fans. They love that kind of stuff, and it makes them happy.”

 

“You’re still mine.” She pouts angrily, just looking like a cute, adorable bunny. Seulgi sits up and wraps her arms around her girlfriend.

 

“Don’t be angry, Hyunnie. I’m still always, only your Hubby.” She reminds her softly. The way she says it makes Joohyun lean into her comfortably. She takes one of Seulgi’s hands and squeezes.

 

“You’d better remember that.” Joohyun turns her face to her own for a kiss. “Who is your wife?”

 

“You are.” Seulgi says right away.

 

“And, if you’re anybody’s husband. You are….”

 

“I’m, Bae Joohyun’s husband, and I’m only yours.”

 

“Good, better remember that, always.” She smiles with a few more kisses to her lips. The couple end up back in bed, cuddling like normal. Seulgi is still a bit surprised that Joohyun did that earlier. It does seem she wants to expose them as much as possible, without actually saying “Yes, this is my girlfriend.” The fact that, Joohyun calls her as husband, was also something Seulgi never thought would ever be found it. It was always just between them for sometime, and now it’s really not such a secret anymore. The raven senses she has something on her mind. She kisses one of Seulgi’s knuckles.

 

“What’s wrong, hubby?” She lets out a yawn, no doubt tired from all the schedules of today.

 

“It’s silly.”

 

“No, tell me. What’s wrong?”

 

“Nothing, it’s just that was our thing you know. You call me that when we’re alone. When we’re on dates, or in the kitchen eating together, and even sometimes when we’re just laying in bed like this. It feels like it might not be ours anymore, um, do you understand?” Seulgi explains, hoping she’s not rambling and not making sense. Joohyun understands completely. She leans up to kiss Seulgi again.

 

“I hear you. It’s still our thing, baby. I only did that to stake my claim. I don’t want anyone getting ideas that you’re suddenly the nation’s husband. You’re only mine.”

 

Seulgi smiles, eyes forming crescents. There goes her possessive and jealous bunny, always staking her claim in various ways. The taller girl wraps her arms around her waist.

 

“You’re so possessive, Hyunnie.”

 

“Call me what you normally in bed.”

 

“Wifey.” Seulgi whispers with so much love, and affection in her voice. It makes the raven’s face turn red at the soft declaration.

 

“Husband.” The shorter girl says with her own equal amounts of love and affection in her voice. It doesn’t matter if anyone else knows about what she calls, Seulgi. It still belongs to them, and something no one can ever take away. Seulgi is hers and in turn she is also, only Seulgi’s.



 

A/N: Okay, so I do hope this was enjoyed. I know I would legit die if anything like this happened between them, since they are definitely both being super affectionate/clingy with one another. So, again whoever made the ultimate sacrifice so Seulrene could be more public then I’m good with this. Because we all know they do a lot of things lowkey away from people’s eyes. It’s not tragic, it’s lowkey people a big difference. Seriously, though seeing them like this does my Seulrene heart good.