Chapter 2

The secretive new student
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's only the 2nd day of school and Mister "I don't care about you" already skipped classes of the morning. He came back during lunch break, and he looked perfectly fine. He wasn't sick, so I guess he was just wagging.

It's so weird, I generally don't judge people like this, but he left me such a bad first impression that I can't stop myself.

 

"Kookie, I'll be right back, I'll just buy something to eat. Wait me in the classroom." Jimin said while he was already walking away.

 

"'kay !"

 

Since I had the time, I move our tables to stick them together, making a bigger one.  While I'm doing this, I can't help but peek at my neighbor. He was watching some videos on his smartphone and eating his bento at the same time.

But, oh my god ! He eats like a horse ! I mean, his lunch box is really reallyyyy full of food. I think it's twice the quantity I have in mine.

Analyzing him from head to toes, I wonder where all this food goes. He’s incredibly thin and yet he eats so much.

 

I probably stared at him for a too long time, since he eventually raised his eyes from his phone and looked at me, keeping his poker face.

Caught unawares, I flinch, holding back a little "Ah" of surprise. I cough once or twice and put my hands in my pockets. I try to look the most nonchalant possible, but ended stuttering "W-Would you like to j-join us for the lunch ?"

 

Wait. What ? Jungkook are you serious ? Maybe I'm some kind of masochist.

 

"No." He only replied without any hesitation before looking back at his video.

 

Ah yes, I must be a bit crazy. I think it's clear, he doesn't like me, and it pissing me off. I didn't do anything to deserve this, it's unfair ! I was about to make a comment on his refusal but Jimin was already back.

 

"I'm here~ Let's eat I'm starving !"

 

He sat on his chair and opened his sachet, taking a curry bread. He then noticed that I wasn't sitting, keeping the same position since earlier. "Kookie ?"

 

I finally take place in front of my friend, shaking my head "It's nothing."

 

Jimin quickly understood that I was in a bad mood. And he felt sad about that.

Without having the time to realize, he put the curry bread he was holding in my mouth as I wide opened my eyes. When I turned my eyes to him, he was grinning. "You love it, right ? Curry bread."

 

Arf, why is my friend so considerate ?

 

I eventually take a big mouthful, a little smirk on my face. "An' you alwfays chooge jis one to gife me shome" I said while chewing.

 

 

He smiled so much that his eyes was almost totally closed. "Of course~ You know me so well." But his smile vanished when he took back his bread. "Hey you ate too much !"

 

 I swallowed and drank a bit. "It looked so delicious, I couldn't resist haha."

 

Suddenly, out of nowhere, a music echoed in our classroom. A song that I perfectly know. KJ's song.

Raising my head, I follow the sound. It's at this moment that my head turn on my left... Where my neighbor was. It was his phone that was ringing.

 

So... This jackass is a KJ fan...? No way. I swear I always trusted that KJ's fans were all kind and adorable persons.

 

But let me tell you : it wasn't the biggest surprise here. Yeah even worse : He was smiling !

 

He stood up, and quickly left the classroom. The only thing I heard him pronounce was « Hey Jaehwan ! I believed you would never call me ! »

 

Okay, I strangely have mixed felling right now. First : I just heard him talk more in one sentence, than he ever talked with me in those two last days.

Secondly : He seemed so joyful that I almost believed he wasn't himself anymore. Was is he acting like an iceberg with me but seems so happy with his friend or whatever he is, Jaehwan ?

And finally I discovered he was able to smile.

Maybe I'm the one with who he has a problem ? Eh... No way we barely talked together.

« That's really unfair... » I finally grumbled.

 

« What's wrong Kookie ? » asked me my friend, before adding. « By the way, did you hear ? This guy’s ringtone was your favorite singer's song, such a coincidence hahaha. »

 

I can't help but chuckle « Yeah, can't believe we share same tastes of music... »

I looked at his empty place while sipping my little carton of juice, lost in my thoughts.

 

.

.
.

 

 

At the end of class, Jimin left first since he had his part-time job.

My god-looking neighbor didn't wait longer and disappear in a flash. Well it's not as if I cared.

Personally, since last year, when Jimin had his part-time job, I always search a classroom in this school to train my singing skill

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter