It’s still raining sadly inside my heart.

After You left
Please log in to read the full chapter

아직도 내맘속엔 슬픈 비가 내려와
It’s still raining sadly inside my heart
//Never - Wanna One//

 

The lights dimmed and standing in the middle of the stage was a golden-haired guy. He took a deep breath before letting the music guide his every move. I was absorbed -he was like a completely different person from the guy I knew. This Kang Daniel was confident, y, bold.  
When did he become so good?

Niel used to stare at the crowd with fear, thinking about every possible scenario where he made a mistake and ruined the performance. Nerves consumed him and made him ask himself if he was really doing the right thing. Was dancing for him? What if he was just wasting time?
“I’m gonna punch you if you keep saying those things.”
I knew how much the size of his dream scared him, but I also knew he loved dancing. The guy annoyed me to the core of my being sometimes, but I was his number one fan (which he sometimes turned against me) and I always encouraged him to do his very best. He also needed someone to take care of him from time to time. Him and his two cats. 
“Waaah, Jung-ie! I have the best girl in the world!”
He was happy with the smallest things. Homemade food. Hugs. A beer after a long day. Reading a comic he found in my bedroom’s shelf. Playing with my dog, Emilia. Falling asleep with his head on my lap. Jelly. 
I was happy when he smiled. He had such a beautiful smile and heart. 
“What is he doing?” Jisung asked one day when he arrived at their dancing studio and saw my boyfriend crying/laughing on the floor. I shrugged.  
“I forgot. He’s been laughing at the same thing for quite a while now.”
Jisung didn’t give it a second thought after that, everyone was used to Daniel’s antics. I never realized back then, those would be the things I’d miss the most. 

Beside me, my best friend Park Min and our sunbaenim (and Min’s future boyfriend), Park Hyuk, were ecstatic. I wanted to run and kill myself when they suggested specifically THIS concert to celebrate Min’s birthday, but no one knew I actually had a history with Wanna One’s Center. 
It was weird, however. Because when I saw his face and the crowd of girls cheering for him and the other boys, I felt happy. He was loved and admired, and I was so proud. I wasn’t sad or brokenhearted at all.   
The truth is, I wasn’t expecting to meet Daniel or Jisung face-to-face ever again - I was living a normal life and they were superstars now. But after I told Jisung I had a job in Seoul, and weeks of ‘please tell me where it is’; during one rainy day when the Cafeteria was almost empty, three guys wearing hats, sunglasses and black medical masks pushed the door and the little bell announced their presence.
That’s not suspicious at all. 
I didn’t really know much about Wanna One besides their music (that was literally everywhere in Korea), but I still recognized them. 
Jisung.
The cute boy with the constellation moles in one cheek.
And…
 "Is that…?“ I cursed under my breath and sprinted to the Staff room. I was trying to pretend that was not happening, but the rest of the female employees were making a fuss. 
“It’s them!”
“I can’t believe Ong Seongwoo is breathing and mo

Please log in to read the full chapter